SOFT OPENING WATCH - Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Coaster

danlb_2000

Premium Member
There was never a problem with the dumbos due to design. It was due to the concrete expanding with the heat. Never posed a safety issue and it only affected certain Dumbos. They were also able to fix it without ever shutting the ride down. That was a non issue

And they have an opening date set for the mine train, any problem with ride envelope is easily solved with a power sander and some brown paint to move the concrete back. Lets not forget a currently operating attraction across the park has had ride envelope issues for almost 40 years now...

What would that date be?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
After not reading this thread for several days I've gone back many pages trying to get to what the heck happened, all this foundation and settling stuff..........

I found this post of yours and I have to say it is the post of the month in my book. I've always appreciated your knowledge along with your candor and have even more respect for your posts when you call attention to the conflicting reports. Kudos.

Actually, that was meant as a joke, I have no doubt who to believe.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Not bashing, simply opining on the information at hand. But keep going; your posts too have great levels of comedy, even if unintentionally....

I can't tell you how relieved I have been this past week since he showed up to save us from ourselves. I mean.. I have felt like a new man since the the chosen one has appeared to correct the attitudes of those who came before him. Thank god the twitter gods delivered him to us.. he is the messiah

LithiumBill

Lets not forget a currently operating attraction across the park has had ride envelope issues for almost 40 years now...
Which ride is that?

And I am not saying INSIDERS are not really INSIDERS, but there seems to be a very large gap in what actually may have happened? Like a scrape or rub going into load, or the train crashing into rockwork taking off limbs...

If it's rubbing somewhere, that can be fixed with a sander and paint. But if it is the later, then I am fairly certain no-one would ever have ridden this attraction, actors or not. Disney Lawyers are not dumb, they would not have let that happen. SO with that info in your head, you really don;t need to be an insider to figure out, it's a small issue, like the Dumbo issue, that will be fixed rather quickly. Even if it is more than one spot.

Or I could be 100% wrong, and they could be working for another 3 years to fix it (DOOM!) (GLOOM!)

DoctorDisney

Disney may not "care" what fan sites say, but they are paying attention. Found out from a DHS Tech Manager CM friend of mine that an article of mine had found its way onto their round table meeting one early morning about three weeks ago.

Things about 7DMT is that Disney isn't trying to prove anyone wrong with guesses and anticipated dates and all that mess. They're simply trying to get it as close to perfect (bug-less) as they can too...before making it live. That is due to the severe amount of bugs that were in MDE and FP+ when released before perfecting as much as possible.

Either way, I'm heading to MK...going to go see what's happening.

flynnibus

Premium Member
*playing devils advocate here*

That land was the plot of 20K lagoon. The land had to be built UP to standard park elevation using backfill from lord knows where. So in reality this is virgin land and very unpredictable.

The mine train was escavated down from the ground level around it. Just look at the aerials if you don't recall... In these photos you can see the retaining walls needed to hold back the ground as they dug out the 'tub' the attraction is built out from
http://pix.aerog.com/Images/Disney/Fantasylandexpansionaerials/i-NN7ZFVK

flynnibus

Premium Member
Wow. I thought the tests and adjustments were just to increase clearance if someone reached an arm out. This sounds a whole lot worse. How did they let people ride this thing if the ride vehicles were actually hitting things? That seems almost negligent on the part of Disney.

Don't over react.

Remember Dumbo's construction snafus?
Remember the problems with the Disneyland Monorail?

Stuff happens... and they fix it. This is why they test.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Don't over react.

Remember Dumbo's construction snafus?
Remember the problems with the Disneyland Monorail?

Stuff happens... and they fix it. This is why they test.

I'm so confused now. I don't know what to think. My gut reaction was just that. No problem, just normal construction issues. Then earlier today the issues seemed a lot worse than I was thinking. Now they moved the planters and look almost ready to open it. Who the heck knows what's going on. I'm not gonna be in MK any time soon so I have no dog in the race, but the drama and back and forth here beats arguing Disney vs Uni or DAS vs GAC or soda refills. I'm having fun watching it all:)

CentralFLlife

Which ride is that?

And I am not saying INSIDERS are not really INSIDERS, but there seems to be a very large gap in what actually may have happened? Like a scrape or rub going into load, or the train crashing into rockwork taking off limbs...

If it's rubbing somewhere, that can be fixed with a sander and paint. But if it is the later, then I am fairly certain no-one would ever have ridden this attraction, actors or not. Disney Lawyers are not dumb, they would not have let that happen. SO with that info in your head, you really don;t need to be an insider to figure out, it's a small issue, like the Dumbo issue, that will be fixed rather quickly. Even if it is more than one spot.

Or I could be 100% wrong, and they could be working for another 3 years to fix it (DOOM!) (GLOOM!)
Several spots on space you if you have long enough arms you can reach out and touch a support if you lean through certain corners, theres no spot where you can touch anything above you, only things to your side. It was easily solved by putting a flat angled plate onto the supports that would just knock your arm back.

This is nothing, its just part of construction of an attraction, it probably happens on a lot more new attractions than you think. Normally said attractions are inside and you don't see it. It'll be fixed fast and you'll never notice that there was a problem. This is why they test them for months on end and for literally days straight without stopping, I believe they run 36hrs straight of a new attraction before its open, it could be even longer than that.

Mr Bill

Planters going away was totally unrelated to the progress of any work going on. Doesn't mean they're any closer or farther from opening than yesterday.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I'm so confused now. I don't know what to think. My gut reaction was just that. No problem, just normal construction issues. Then earlier today the issues seemed a lot worse than I was thinking

Either way... they'd address it. No need to get wound up. It's more about watching how the company operates and succeeds or fails as a matter of interest. It's not at the point of causing physical risk to customers.. so just sit back and enjoy the show :)

WDWFantasmicFan

Planters going away was totally unrelated to the progress of any work going on. Doesn't mean they're any closer or farther from opening than yesterday.

Yes - it is totally unrelated to any work going on.

But surely, as the planters have been removed, they are clearly planning for quick opening (I.e. Soft openings)

CentralFLlife

Which group will be happy, the people rooting for this to open or those rooting for it to fail?;)
That would be for it to open. The people who want it to fail clearly don't think of the long term consequences of this attraction failing. If this is a huge hit, TDO will be more onboard with building new attractions. If this is a failure, Id wager you'd probably see more screens, themed bathrooms, DVC's, and restaurants.

Mr Bill

Yes - it is totally unrelated to any work going on.

But surely, as the planters have been removed, they are clearly planning for quick opening (I.e. Soft openings)
Not necessarily. Could just mean that someone decided what was behind the planters at this point was less ugly than the planters.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
That would be for it to open. The people who want it to fail clearly don't think of the long term consequences of this attraction failing. If this is a huge hit, TDO will be more onboard with building new attractions. If this is a failure, Id wager you'd probably see more screens, themed bathrooms, DVC's, and restaurants.
It will only fail if TDO allows it to fail after it has opened.(i.e. - fail to keep the ride and it's effects operational.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom