SOFT OPENING WATCH - Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Coaster

jt04

I have always gone to Tom when I have had construction questions, but I think I might start consulting you since you seem to have a lot more knowledge of these sorts of things. How long have you been in the business? ;)

You should listen to Tom. I do to. But deflecting from my valid points seems beneath you.

I have been involved in many engineering and construction projects since I have held that position before. Along with many other specialties in technically related fields. :geek:

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

And since there has been no announcement of an Official Opening, I still don't understand why people are getting worked up over this.

It has not been ridden by the public at all.
Because the reports of why there are not soft openings is due to problems, not because this is business as usual and Disney taking their time.

Media has a dinner event in MK the night of May 1.

The May 2 event is a short dedication.
There is no reason to believe that Disney did not set the event with the intention of people riding. Just look at the invitations or registration website.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Dinner is 90 minutes, dedication is 15 minutes. If there was a ride anywhere, it would be during dinner.

I think that the speculation is that there would be rides for the media, but you are right that there was never an official announcement of it. Whether it's May 1 or May 2nd is irrelevant to the original question. If it's not ready for rides on May 2nd it won't be ready on May 1st either.

DisneyJoe

There is no reason to believe that Disney did not set the event with the intention of people riding. Just look at the invitations or registration website.
I'm fully expecting to ride Thursday night.

The agenda on Friday tells us we're done at 10:30am. I don't see how we're expected to ride then.

Bubbamel

Hey all, this is what I snapped today.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 315

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I'm fully expecting to ride Thursday night.

The agenda on Friday tells us we're done at 10:30am. I don't see how we're expected to ride then.
And you may well be disappointed....unless they offer you the same release form that the actors probably had to sign.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
You should listen to Tom. I do to. But defecting from my valid points seems beneath you.

I have been involved in many engineering and construction projects since I have held that position before. Along with many other specialties in technically related fields. :geek:

Well since I now have two construction experts telling me to different things I am not sure who to believe.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
So Disney holds a big press event for the dedication of it's newest ride, and people here laugh because the stupid media actually expected it to be open?

The interactive queue will be open either way;)

It sounds to me like based on the issues brought to light recently that there are some problems but they are still working to resolve them before the media event so people can ride then. If they hold the event without rides it will be a pretty big PR hit, but they won't start letting the public ride if it's not safe. We'll know for sure soon enough.

Sped2424

I heard from my secret sources that the ride has indeed been change due to track issues. Instead gems shall be placed inside each mine cart solving the proximity issues and the interactive queue shall be the only feature that will be guest accessible.

darthspielberg

Media has a dinner event in MK the night of May 1.

The May 2 event is a short dedication.

and if I recall a big part of the event is MyMagic+ and FastPass+ getting their official "we're out of testing!" unveiling, so it's kind of a hodgepodge "Cool stuff at the Magic Kingdom" press event, it seems.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
and if I recall a big part of the event is MyMagic+ and FastPass+ getting their official "we're out of testing!" unveiling, so it's kind of a hodgepodge "Cool stuff at the Magic Kingdom" press event, it seems.
It certainly would not be the first press event that didn't deliver what was assumed to be the "main event".

Disneyhead'71

So which is better, a big press event for actual working bleachers? Or a big press event for a new non-functioning ride? But I suspect that the best "one" was the 3 big press events for the 3 seperate grand openings of each wing of Art of Animation.

danv3

This is my understanding too...it's bigger than just 7DMT.

That doesn't change the fact that media/bloggers are going to be disappointed if they don't get to ride 7DMT, and the result will be negative press. Disney social media handlers better be ready with ample swag!

Disneyhead'71

The media doesn't give 2 chits about riding the little coaster. They care about booking 3 days of Satellite time to dedicate a closed ride! Disney looking stupid is not our problem, us looking stupid is.

wdw71fan

It'll be ready.... but it may not be complete. . It's easy to move things out of the way.. not as easy to put them back

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom