Soarin'

hcswingfield

I just got an email from WDW with tips to plan for my upcoming vacation. :sohappy:
One of the links was for attractions. When I opened it, there was a short clip from Soarin' with the music. I nearly started crying! I want to be there NOW and I want to be on Soarin' NOW, even if I have to wait in line for an hour. The ride is worth it to me!

shoppingnut

I love Soar'n too, it is one of my favorite rides. Not every ride needs to turn you upside down and inside out, if you are looking for that go to Universal.

jr06compmaster

I think its a great ride, aside from the fact that when i rode in February all of the scents were pine, instead of the oranges and other scents lol. Im like allergic to pine trees so i could definately tell that something was wrong.

Sparkle81

I've gotta say, I loved Soarin'.
Ok, it's not a 'thrill' ride in the same way at Tower of Terror or Space Mountain but for me personally, the 'thrill' is the fantastic attention to detail that only Disney can do so well :)

CaptainMichael

Sparkle81 said:
I've gotta say, I loved Soarin'.
Ok, it's not a 'thrill' ride in the same way at Tower of Terror or Space Mountain but for me personally, the 'thrill' is the fantastic attention to detail that only Disney can do so well :)
Exactly, Soarin' is a nice change of pace from what has built recently. More people can enjoy it, and the lines show it.

jaredliu

While lots of people would like to chose B1 section (section B row number 1) to get the best overall experience, I have different feeling. I think the best experience is either the first person of C1 section which will be the very right coner of the first row, or the last person of A1 section which, is the very left end of the first row. A1 and C1 section is the sections go the furtherst towards the screen that you won't see any other passengers beside you casue you are "above" and "in front" of the rest of them. if you are at B1 section, you could possibley end up seeing a people asdie you from your left and right side casue you are a little behind them. This is especailly obvious when you sit at the right or the left corner of the B1 section. For me that ruins a lot of the total experience. By seating in the two corner of the first row, it gives you some free space casue there is no person in your one side, plus there is no any section in front of you. Maybe you are not in the center of the screen but I found little distraction of that problem. So next time try the the two corner spot of the first row in either the first person of C1, or the last person of A1. I think A1 is the best becasue when you are the last person of the line and you got lucky, there is a good chance that your might end up being no one in your right side (empty seat), and your left is of course empty since your are the last one. That is because Soarin has no single rider line yet, so maybe there is no single rider to fill that spot and you will have lots of space on your own. The two times that I went to sorain, I always got pretty isolated that there was no one on my either side. That really enchanced the experience for me.

When I first rode sorin' I thought it was boring as well, I really didn't get it. Then 2 months later my family wantd to ride it so I did and fell in love with it. It's now #1 on my list!

Lefty

It was a decent ride, but hadly worth the hype and praise that it is getting.

At Epcot alone I thought there were several better rides...

Pongo

I think Soarin' is great. I prefer sitting in row B2 as opposed to B1, because each time I've sat in B1, the smells weren't working properly. I would like to try sitting somewhere else for the ride, but I always seem to get placed in B1 or B2 :lol:

It's a great ride. I've been feeling a strong urge to ride it lately.

pixel-dust

I guess I can see your point of view, OP. Once you have experienced the ride once or twice, you can anticipate what comes next: here are the balloons, orange smell, golf ball. But I have been on the ride at least a dozen times now, and it is hands down my favorite in all of WDW- all parks included. I always find something I didn't see before, and I love looking at trivia from the ride on websites. It is not like other rides that tell a story, but it is something like an immersion into sights, sounds, scents and motion.

I also like the Living with the Land ride, which hasn't changed a whole bunch since the beginning. Sure, different plants, but mostly its the same. Partly nostalgia, and partly my green thumb keeps me going back.:)

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
pixel-dust said:
I guess I can see your point of view, OP. Once you have experienced the ride once or twice, you can anticipate what comes next: here are the balloons, orange smell, golf ball. But I have been on the ride at least a dozen times now, and it is hands down my favorite in all of WDW- all parks included. I always find something I didn't see before, and I love looking at trivia from the ride on websites. It is not like other rides that tell a story, but it is something like an immersion into sights, sounds, scents and motion.

I also like the Living with the Land ride, which hasn't changed a whole bunch since the beginning. Sure, different plants, but mostly its the same. Partly nostalgia, and partly my green thumb keeps me going back.:)

I was on the phone with someone who works in facilities and engineering at WDW the other day and they played the song from the early years of Living with the Land whilst I was on hold - very cool.

I don't think too many people dislike Soarin'. I suppose its boring if you want big thrills, but its a fantastic presentation that entertains me, so there ya go.

goofyfan13

Lefty said:
It was a decent ride, but hadly worth the hype and praise that it is getting.

At Epcot alone I thought there were several better rides...

The ride does have the highest approval rating of any Disney attraction anywhere. I believe it's at about 98%, give or take 1%. :wave:

pintraderpayee

Loved Soarin'! Can't wait to go back and see two of the hidden mickeys I missed last trip. I only saw the firework one over DL. This trip I'm looking for the balloon near the golf cart and the one on the golf ball.

21 days until the "yellow limo" is Orlando bound (27 teens-school bus-930 miles of smiles:hammer: :sohappy: )

MacDuffieMuppet

Soarin is ok...but if you get some what motion sick like i do, violent headache, then this isnt the ride for you. I agree that once one rides it over and over again it becomes dull. I have been on it twice, once at California Adventure and once at epcot. Yes all other disney rides are repetitive like it, but for standing in a mega line for a breif showing is not worth it. I love disney and its ideas. perhaps they could have changed the show so there are two differnt shows. one that represents florida and california (each state has soarin.) Soarin has two theaters so it would be random which show you get. it would make it more intersting.

diveteam

I went on Soarin' for the first time during my last trip in November last year and was blown away by it, it was a great experience and can't wait to go back on it on my next trip there (Jan 07).

Mark

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom