Soarin' New Show

tdonald

I'm still waiting for the TL-based, "Soarin' Thru The Universe". :lookaroun

Yeah, but instead of blowing wind at you, they suffocate you! :dazzle:

Seriously, that would be cool, but is never going to happen.

And yes, I bet the cost to shoot a decent Soarin' Over America is 10 million, if not more.

Legacy

I think its silly to say a Soarin' over Florida couldn't offer just as good a film as a Soarin' over California. The climate may be different and there may not be a lot of diversity in terms of geography...but we have plenty of landmarks and natural wonders to enjoy from the air.

Someone mentioned Miami earlier. A 360 from Biscayne Bay just before the sun starts setting would be amazing. You catch the Beaches and the massive and growing Miami skyline.

Somethings we have here in Florida that are shown in the Cali video: Orange groves, carriers and jets, golf courses, beaches, disney park, cities. We don't have mountains or deserts, but even our beaches are not all the same, nor all our wetlands.

That being said, bring on Soarin' over the World, because I don't think the Florida one will ever come to be.

:shrug:
I would hope not.

I love the state of Florida, but Soarin' over Colorado would be a more interesting film than Soarin' over Florida. SoF would be just like SoC, only flatter.

Soarin' is the #1 most popular attraction as WDW right now. When it doesn't have hour-long waits all day, every day of they year, then Disney will think about changing it. I think we're much more likely to get another theater (or two would be good) than a new film.

Now, I'm not saying its not extremely popular, certainly it is. But those wait times also have a lot to do with capacity. I would love to know the THRC for Soarin versus say, HM.

tdonald

Now, I'm not saying its not extremely popular, certainly it is. But those wait times also have a lot to do with capacity. I would love to know the THRC for Soarin versus say, HM.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but Soarin' has a capacity of 84 per 6 min. (theoretically) x 2 = 1680 per hour.

Wait... that's not very much... :veryconfu

jt04

You might want to re-think where the United States Naval Flight Demonstration Squadron would fly out of...CERTAINLY not out of an AIR FORCE base in TAMPA! There are two more appropriate sites - 1.) Naval Air Station (N.A.S.) Jacksonville. NAS JAX is the considered to be the birthplace of the Blue Angles, or 2.), N.A.S. Pensacola, where they are based today.

That said, I DEFINITELY agree that any film about Florida would not be complete without the Blue Angles, but I also think a film about America in general, not just a single state, would be great. I'd LOVE to see what they could do with the Grand Canyon!

BTW, I live about three miles south of the small remote airfield that the Angles used to practice at, back in the late '40's and early '50's, before they became VF-91 (Satan's Kittens) to fight in the Korean action. The area is now a housing development, but you can still find some signs of the old airbase. Not for long, tho...development is quickly covering it up!

Ummmm, Eglin is not in Tampa, MacDill is. But I will let it go since I know you are a reservist (kidding)

RSoxNo1

Soarin's Capacity is relatively low. I believe the throughput time is between 6-8 minutes. With that said, I believe it is the most attended ride at Walt Disney World because Epcot typically has longer hours than any other park.

smudger

A quick idea and i'm sure an expensive one but couldn't they add quite easily an extra twist to the ride by filming many different locations for you to soar over, then the rider would never know which one they are going to get and would have to come back to see the others. Perhaps one film for all the areas that a disney park is located so on one trip you may fly over california or florida and on the next find ur self over hong kong bay. just an idea :)

ChrisFL

Premium Member
A quick idea and i'm sure an expensive one but couldn't they add quite easily an extra twist to the ride by filming many different locations for you to soar over, then the rider would never know which one they are going to get and would have to come back to see the others. Perhaps one film for all the areas that a disney park is located so on one trip you may fly over california or florida and on the next find ur self over hong kong bay. just an idea :)

I also think that's a good idea...but it's already so packed anyway, they might need to wait until the lines calm down a bit (if that's possible)

bassman

i think that seems how its in epcot the new film should be soarin over the world,and there should parts of all the nations that are in world showcase.
i think it would tie soarin in to epcot a bit more.

Rob562

Good idea, but impractical to do until they can implement Digital IMAX projection.
The bin-loop system that runs now (at least I presume it's bin loop) already takes up a relatively large amount of space. To change the film every 6 minutes? (Or double/triple the size of the film loop so that it just plays that in sequence?) Darn near impossible.

-Rob

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
i think that seems how its in epcot the new film should be soarin over the world,and there should parts of all the nations that are in world showcase.
i think it would tie soarin in to epcot a bit more.

Wouldnt that just be a repeat of the existing "attractions" in Canada, China and France?

Perhaps soarin over place not featured in WS would be a better option.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom