Soarin' New Show

krankenstein

I say they call it Soarin' over The Land b/c of the ride being in that pavilion. They could incorporated all the natural wonders of the world and it wouldn't have to be specific to any location.

scpergj

Ummmm, Eglin is not in Tampa, MacDill is. But I will let it go since I know you are a reservist (kidding)

Oops...you're right. Same thing applies, tho...

BTW, I'm a contractor at NAS JAX, not a reservist...I see the plane and the 'Birthplace of the Blue Angles' every day...and I've lived in the Jacksonville area for 30 years. I know many people in the US really had not heard of us until the Jaguars arrived, but I do get a bit defensive about our little city. That is just one more bit of trivia you might just win a bet with someone over!

On topic, I still think the idea of a nationwide film is better than one of a state film. I'd love to see the Grand Canyon and Niagra Falls in the same film; however, I agree that we probably won't see anything until ridership falls off a bit.

bassman

Wouldnt that just be a repeat of the existing "attractions" in Canada, China and France?

Perhaps soarin over place not featured in WS would be a better option.

ah yes true it would be

well how about soarin over the world but have all of the famous well known landmarks.egypt pyramids,great wall of china,great barrier reef,grand canyon (i know its already in the current soarin but hey) u know all the 9 wonders of the earth

jt04

Oops...you're right. Same thing applies, tho...

BTW, I'm a contractor at NAS JAX, not a reservist...I see the plane and the 'Birthplace of the Blue Angles' every day...and I've lived in the Jacksonville area for 30 years. I know many people in the US really had not heard of us until the Jaguars arrived, but I do get a bit defensive about our little city. That is just one more bit of trivia you might just win a bet with someone over!

On topic, I still think the idea of a nationwide film is better than one of a state film. I'd love to see the Grand Canyon and Niagra Falls in the same film; however, I agree that we probably won't see anything until ridership falls off a bit.
I don't disagree that Soarin Over America (with a nod to the original America the Beautiful 360) would be better than a Soarin Over Florida. My only point was Florida has plenty enough scenery to put together a great film if they wanted to. I wouldn't be suprised, however, if one of the Countries in WS got a Soarin attraction with a Soarin Over Europe film. I could see DLP paying for the cost of a film to get the Soarin technology and sharing the film with Epcot. Adding another Soarin attraction to World Showcase could help with the wait times. And I am convinced the attractions will be popular even longer than Circlevision has been. It definitely would be a worthwhile addition to WS if done.

tdonald

ah yes true it would be

well how about soarin over the world but have all of the famous well known landmarks.egypt pyramids,great wall of china,great barrier reef,grand canyon (i know its already in the current soarin but hey) u know all the 9 wonders of the earth

Dude, I think you need to study a little geography. The Grand Canyon is not in Soarin', because it is in Arizona, not California! Lol

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
ah yes true it would be

Or how about the man made things, The great wall, the hoover damn, Edinburgh Castle, The world in Dubai etc etc. Or just the natural things the evergaldes the mountains, the tundra etc.

or better still make a few and get a surprise every trip

EpcotMark

I really am hoping they chang it. It makes no sense why you're flying over California in Florida. They should make it "Soarin' over the Land" where you fly over the earth's natural wonders to fit in with the Land pavillion better.

I concur. This is the change they should make, if any.

TrojanUSC

When I was in Corporate, one of the discussions that was had was making it a NYC to Orlando journey, with stops in Boston, Washington DC, Cape Cod, etc.

tdonald

When I was in Corporate, one of the discussions that was had was making it a NYC to Orlando journey, with stops in Boston, Washington DC, Cape Cod, etc.

I'm really not trying to be a geography wiz here, but I don't think Boston and Cape Cod are exactly between NYC and Orlando... :veryconfu

PhotoDave219

Gee... its only the most popular attraction at WDW and has the highest Guest Satisfaction ratings and its not good enough for the fanboys?

There's no reason to change the film for a hundred people on an internet message board when 9 million people a year visit Epcot.

Pumbas Nakasak

Gee... its only the most popular attraction at WDW and has the highest Guest Satisfaction ratings and its not good enough for the fanboys?

There's no reason to change the film for a hundred people on an internet message board when 9 million people a year visit Epcot.

You could say the same about the wand, Space Mountain etc etc.

Besides wouldnt it be prudent to make a film and movement programme ahead of time, to maintain the edge.

And I think you need to extract that tripod from your hoop. Either that or its time to take some senna podds.

po1998

If this has already been mentioned, I apologize...

Isn't the first thing that needs to be done with Soarin' is to add a 3rd theater? The standby wait times in conjunction with the way the fastpasses fly out of the machines, dictate that while a new film should be coming in the next 5 years or so, get a new bldg up housing a 3rd theater ASAP.

1disneydood

What I'm wondering is what's wrong with the film featuring California? I can't see how changing it to Florida would make it any better. I love both states, but it dosen't matter which one I soar over just as long as I soar over something.

Maybe thar could change it to Soarin over Louisiana, and use the hundreds of miles of Katrina aerial footage. That could work well with the hurricane proof homes :rolleyes: attraction they're having. :lookaroun

imagineer boy

Just imagine what they could make flyovers of if they did Soarin' over the Land in which you flew over natural things. The Grand Canyon ( that would be spectacular! ), Niagra falls, the rocky mountains, desert sand dunes, sleeping bear dunes, the rain forrest, the alps, etc. Heck, they could save money by using a couple of scenes from the original soarin' scenes like the big water fall, orange groves, etc.

And while they're at it, they need to fix that ugly, unthemed qeue line.

GeneralKnowledge

They're obviously not going to change it now just because as you say, a hundred fanboys want it to. Anyone who thinks its changing with the attendance levels it has now is moronic. It will however change at some point in the not so distant future, so it makes for a valid discussion. No need to belittle the discussion.

Sounds like a national lampoon vacation :ROFLOL:

Personally, I've never understood the complaint that Soarin' in WDW is the same as California and that it should be a movie of Florida. Why? Florida is at sea level! You wanna fly through the everglades? What if it was a movie that took you through the Alps?

By this same rationale, that means that "Lights, Motors, Action" which came from France and has French streets should have been switched to a New York landscape or something because it's now in America. Exactly.. makes no sense....

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Just imagine what they could make flyovers of if they did Soarin' over the Land in which you flew over natural things. The Grand Canyon ( that would be spectacular! ), Niagra falls, the rocky mountains, desert sand dunes, sleeping bear dunes, the rain forrest, the alps, etc. Heck, they could save money by using a couple of scenes from the original soarin' scenes like the big water fall, orange groves, etc.

And while they're at it, they need to fix that ugly, unthemed qeue line.
i just wish they would clean the damn lenses. nothing like seeing hair and lent on the screen. i dont ask for much....

Pumbas Nakasak

Personally, I've never understood the complaint that Soarin' in WDW is the same as California and that it should be a movie of Florida. Why? Florida is at sea level! You wanna fly through the everglades? What if it was a movie that took you through the Alps?

By this same rationale, that means that "Lights, Motors, Action" which came from France and has French streets should have been switched to a New York landscape or something because it's now in America. Exactly.. makes no sense....

Are we talking about your post?

As for LMA your right its crap in both parks, just marginally less so with decent drivers in Paris so to retheme it does not make sense.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom