Soarin' Expansion and new Soarin' Around the World film

jdmdisney99

The new Soarin' experience will be incredible. Recently saw a small trailer of the upcoming replacement. The new additions will be definitely warranted!
brace-yourselves-he-has-risen.jpg

flyerjab

So I just noticed on the Orlando Parks News site that they have an update for Soarin'. Apparently they are reporting that the queue is going to be completely rethemed. There is also some other tidbits of information about the project including where the construction trailer is located, where a new footer has been poured, and that there is a crane onsite for this imminent project.

MarkTwain

So I just noticed on the Orlando Parks News site that they have an update for Soarin'. Apparently they are reporting that the queue is going to be completely rethemed. There is also some other tidbits of information about the project including where the construction trailer is located, where a new footer has been poured, and that there is a crane onsite for this imminent project.

Here's hoping, that's a miracle if it's true. Blandest queue in WDW; it's dull as heck in there if you opt for standby. The AC and the extra wide queue space is nice, but that's about all it has going for it, especially if the games aren't working (which is often).

I'd be curious to see how they'd do it. Further integration/transititon with the "Land" theme would be nice.

EDIT: I second keeping Patrick. At least bring him back to film a new video.

Last edited:

msteel

Went back and looked at the 3 "Project 87" NOC's in the permits thread:

The "Add facility to Existing Attraction" (address 1994) and "Attraction Rehab" (address 2006) permits expire Sept 2016. I suppose these be for the third theater and the new queue that OTPN mentioned recently?

The "Trailer" permit (address 1994a) doesn't expire until December 2017. Does this seem to indicate that more work is planned in that area after the queue and third theater are complete or do trailers typically stay a while?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Went back and looked at the 3 "Project 87" NOC's in the permits thread:

The "Add facility to Existing Attraction" (address 1994) and "Attraction Rehab" (address 2006) permits expire Sept 2016. I suppose these be for the third theater and the new queue that OTPN mentioned recently?

The "Trailer" permit (address 1994a) doesn't expire until December 2017. Does this seem to indicate that more work is planned in that area after the queue and third theater are complete or do trailers typically stay a while?

That date is interesting because that is the same end date used on all the Disney Springs permits by the same contractor (PCL Construction).

Progress.City

Do you have a link? Also, what's being poured? I didn't quite get that.

Goofyernmost

Does anyone remember the big discussion back a year or so ago concerning how "Footings" are actually "Foundations" and that the use of "Footings" was incorrect. That was a person with a lot of time on their hands. ;)

SMRT-1Michael

I don't want to open this can of worms, but if any attraction deserves a refurb its Journey, or Wonders of Life........ IMHO. Those pavilions NEED attention out of pure asthetic for starters.While a third theater is important, I wouldnt consider Soarin in dire need of a renovation at the moment. I feel like the same five things get attention all the time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom