Soarin' CM previews today

mraw

mellie882 said:
It is a large IMAX screen. You are raised up (on what is like a ski lift-type, single row of seats) so that you are sitting half way up the screen. Your entire range of view is taken up by the screen. If you try really hard (looking extremely up, down, left, or right), you can see the mechanics, the floor, the ceiling, etc. It is not like Buzz Lightyear, in that the screen does not wrap around at all. It's just such a huge screen that sitting in the middle of it takes up your whole range of vision.

The screen is IMAX, but it's spherical (actually, half of a sphere). The ride picks you up and takes you into that half sphere. With that being said, if you look to the left and right, top and bottom, you will be surrounded by the images on the video.

General Grizz

So nothing really that unique to the Land?

Here's hoping the rest of the pavilion turns out in-spirit. I'm kind of disheartened to hear about the exact carbon-cloning deal. I'll wait to judge until I see the finished product.

P.S. I was just told Land reopening was pushed back to April 26...

WDW Official Website Calendar switched from "April 6" reopening to "April" reopening...

ral8026

Height is a problem for some in our family :hurl: :eek: how high is the last row and how rough a ride ? We heard there is only a lap belt do you have the feeling of falling? Thanks for any info

s25843

ral8026 said:
Height is a problem for some in our family :hurl: :eek: how high is the last row and how rough a ride ? We heard there is only a lap belt go you have the feeling of falling? Thanks for any info

Yes, there is just a seatbelt. The ride is VERY smooth.

Covnut

The ride is extremely smooth and doesn't feel like you are ever going to fall out. "If smaller aviators don't measure up to the height indicator on the seat, just put the belt through the loop through the center strap to the buckle."

At the end do you still fly over Disneyland?

You can view a video of the pre-show at DCA's at http://disneyforever.com/media/dca/soarin_safety.wmv

Montu

Original Poster
Covnut said:
At the end do you still fly over Disneyland?

Of course you do. Did you not follow the other 6 pages that talk about how it's the exact same ride as DCA has, with minor changes in the theme of the queue line?

Montu

Original Poster
Glite82 said:
But can u name those ppl that work there.... Montu

Obviously I can - I've known them for months. However, I'm not going to go listing cast members names on a public forum - especially one that they are not even apart of.

s25843

bluesnut said:
are there like lap bars or seat belts? and are they size friendly?

just a lap belt (think of the belts on ToT, Dinosaur, Indy (DL), etc...

I have a 38 inch waist, and the belts always have atleast 6 or 7 inches to spare...

PhilosophyMagic

missionspace said:
I was also wondering If you can tell us more about what you think of the ride itself, your opinion! Is it a good ride or great?
and how does it compare to some of the other rides?

That's what is so weird about it. Some people like it more than others, but, to me at least, it's a "very good" ride if you get a seat at the top, near the middle, like section B1, but if you're further down and near the side, it's just "pretty good." Either way it's fun though. Certainly not as "immersive" overall themeing as, say, Mission: Space, but fun in it's own way, and better for repeat rides than perhaps any other screen-based ride, I would say. Overall a VERY worthwhile addition to WDW!

Hope this helps, missionspace!

KevinPage

Does Puddy, um, I mean Patrick Warburton, still refer to the Mickey Ears as "beauties" in the pre show? I'd be surprised if they only changed a few words in the pre show video, as Puddy was spotted on property a few weeks back, surely they would do more than that.

Also, no one has mentioned if DL has been replaced with WDW at the end of the film?

aklodge

KevinPage said:
Does Puddy, um, I mean Patrick Warburton, still refer to the Mickey Ears as "beauties" in the pre show? I'd be surprised if they only changed a few words in the pre show video, as Puddy was spotted on property a few weeks back, surely they would do more than that.

Also, no one has mentioned if DL has been replaced with WDW at the end of the film?
If DL has not been replaced with WDW, that would be truly sad.:cry: :eek: That would just show plain carelessness. I don't think we will have to worry about that, though. (At least I hope not!)

ISTCrew20

KevinPage said:

Haha...yea he does. I thought it was funny, since that guy was so carefully trying to hide his bald spot with the Mickey Ears.

As for what I thought about it: I really, really did like it. The front row did make a difference though, and made the ride better then sitting in the back. It was a great ride, but it did not beat Mission Space in my book. When I first rode MS, I was completely blown away. With Soarin I was impressed.

The way they have it now is fine, but I hope they eventually do change the film to include monuments of the world, or just the USA. I didn't like how the film now just changed from scene to scene. If they had transitions in between (flying through clouds to the next scene, or something like that) it would add more to the illusion of flying.

imagineer99

aklodge said:
If DL has not been replaced with WDW, that would be truly sad.:cry: :eek: That would just show plain carelessness. I don't think we will have to worry about that, though. (At least I hope not!)

Well, it has been confirmed that you fly over DISNEYLAND at the end of the film.

The attraction is a direct clone. All things relating to the ride system and experience are exactly the same.

KevinPage

ISTCrew20 said:
Haha...yea he does. I thought it was funny, since that guy was so carefully trying to hide his bald spot with the Mickey Ears.

As for what I thought about it: I really, really did like it. The front row did make a difference though, and made the ride better then sitting in the back. It was a great ride, but it did not beat Mission Space in my book. When I first rode MS, I was completely blown away. With Soarin I was impressed.

The way they have it now is fine, but I hope they eventually do change the film to include monuments of the world, or just the USA. I didn't like how the film now just changed from scene to scene. If they had transitions in between (flying through clouds to the next scene, or something like that) it would add more to the illusion of flying.

Thanks. I can only assume a new film will be done for the 25th Anniversary of Epcot, hopefully flying over EPCOT itself at the end :D

aklodge

imagineer99 said:
Well, it has been confirmed that you fly over DISNEYLAND at the end of the film.

The attraction is a direct clone. All things relating to the ride system and experience are exactly the same.
What my interpretation of the question was that will the video still say DL like as in thanks for coming to DL... sorry if I interpreted it wrong!

imagineer99

KevinPage said:
Thanks. I can only assume a new film will be done for the 25th Anniversary of Epcot, hopefully flying over EPCOT itself at the end :D

I really don't see this happening.

Maybe I'm the pessimist...but when has Disney ever changed a ride film?

Star Tours is in dire need and they've been ignoring that for years.

I would love to see them change the M:S video in about five years, but I also do not see that happening.

netenyahoo

I think it should be pointed out that none of the seats are "bad." Some seats are a little better depending on your preference. I don't mind feet dangling above me because they aren't distracting. If you keep your eyes on the screen then you won't see them.

I love watching for the skier that falls.

will_hsv

imagineer99 said:

Just a quick question. How many normal(as in not us) people do you think will even notice that it is Disneyland and not the Magic Kingdom?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom