Soarin' CM previews today

jsreg

Yes it was by invite. I do have family that works there. All cast were allowed to invite anyone they wish. They also sent out invites to mgmt. You did have to have a Disney ID

I did enjoy the ride.

xfkirsten

Montu said:
You've been on the DCA version - does it HONESTLY surprise you that the smells aren't working? I've had so many rides on the DCA version with that same problem. At least this version can use the "It's not finished" excuse to make it ok... for now.

I generally don't find the smells here to be a problem, actually. Maybe I'm just lucky, but they seem to work most of the time for me. I can't say the same for the image quality after the past 4 years, but the smells seem to work fine. Then again, I don't ride it nearly as much as I used to.

Chape19714

Wow, so it is up and going, now the land just needs to be finished, and we'll be cleared for take off!!

Thanks for posting!

DarkMeasures

This reminds me of Mission Space testing. I know they held CM testing and guest testing at the same time because one time I was waiting to board and 39 CMs boarded and a single rider was needed and I was the single rider and it was fun being the only guest on the whole ride. Especially when the CMs would point out the hidden mickeys they would instantly find.

I also liked it during Mission Space testing that I saw Bill Nye recieving a VIP tour...

Ahhh.... good memories of Mission Space testing, so many. Too bad I have none for Soarin. It will be over a year still before I can ride.

ScrapIron

missionspace said:
I was wondering is the screen big?

It's an I Max dome, but instead of being in front and above you, it's in front and below you.

And I have noticed the smells in DCA, but they all seem the same-like some kind of Old Spice gift pack.

Cheers.

Brooke

When I went on Soarin last year at DCA all the smells seemed to work perfectly. I hope they all work well on our version when it opens!

jaredliu

Like others say in this thread, I want to tell everyone who would like to have the best experience of this ride that BE VERY SURE you are sitting in the B1 AERA, for me that's the only place I enjoy the ride so much. It really ruins a lot of authentic feeling when seeing someone's legs hanging above your head. But I don't know which place you can "smell" the most.

jmuboy

One more quick question - are there any pictures or theme elements on the queue walls (besides paint and lighting?)

thanks for filling us in MONTU!

Montu

Original Poster
jsreg said:
Yes it was by invite. I do have family that works there. All cast were allowed to invite anyone they wish. They also sent out invites to mgmt. You did have to have a Disney ID

I did enjoy the ride.

It was definitely not by invitation. I rode it several times - trust me, there was no invitation or a need to show one. It was open to ALL cast members, and thus was NOT invitation only.

missionspace

Could you rate Soarin from 1-10?

Does anyone know if the sign is up outside yet any recent pictures?

Is there going to be a stream outside,or a fountain?

I was also wondering if you can see the edge of the screen, or does it totally surround you?

THANKS!!

ISTCrew20

jmuboy said:
One more quick question - are there any pictures or theme elements on the queue walls (besides paint and lighting?)

thanks for filling us in MONTU!
Not that I saw. There are blue lights all over the wall, and the hallways slope down, and they just have metal elements on the walls. In the queue, you hear announcements like "Flights for California's Montery Bay Leaving Now" (like an airport).

No castmembers that went to the preview yesterday were able to get anywhere near the Land pavilion. We were all in the Soarin' building (2 seperate buildings connected by a hallway) so as far as I know, nobody (besides construction crews and a very
select other few) has seen the inside of the Land. They even had a wall blocking it off, so we couldn't even look down the hallway into The Land.

When castmembers first entered the building, they were halfway (or more) through the queue already. So the queue discriptions are only of a small part of the queue.

Donfan

Seating?

You have all made it pretty clear that the B1 area is the best place to sit. But do guests have any say in where they get to sit? Or is it more like Tower of Terror where they just point to a spot on the floor and tell you to stand there, which is what decides where you sit?

ImaginEAR

Wow... thanks so much for telling us all about Soarin'! I can't wait to ride it again! It's definetly one of my favorite rides, along with M:S, Space Mountain, and the CoP.

ImaginEAR

Donfan said:
You have all made it pretty clear that the B1 area is the best place to sit. But do guests have any say in where they get to sit? Or is it more like Tower of Terror where they just point to a spot on the floor and tell you to stand there, which is what decides where you sit?

If you can, ask the CM in charge if you can sit where you want to. We did this in DCA and we always got the front row.

ISTCrew20

Donfan said:
When it's open to the public, I'm sure you can ask. But yesterday, them taking requests was rare.

DisneyDefenders

Pictures for Magical Moment Memories

Just wondering if any of you knew if SOARIN' would have any picture available for guests.

I felt that's the only thing that was missing from MISSION: SPACE

Thanks for the info on this!

Someone in this thread above made reference to the music loop playing in the queue. I wonder if anyone can confirm if it is the same loop of movie music that plays in the queue at DCA (including, for instance, cues from THE DISTINGUISHED GENTLEMAN, THE AMERICAN PRESIDENT, DAVE, and PATTON).

ISTCrew20

cornnibblitz said:
Someone in this thread above made reference to the music loop playing in the queue. I wonder if anyone can confirm if it is the same loop of movie music that plays in the queue at DCA (including, for instance, cues from THE DISTINGUISHED GENTLEMAN, THE AMERICAN PRESIDENT, DAVE, and PATTON).
No idea lol.

CaptJackSparrow-I don't think this ride would do good with an on ride photo op. It would just be a picture of people sitting in seats. Not the most exciting thing lol.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom