News Soarin’ Over California Returns!

George Lucas on a Bench

View attachment 379366
It’s like you’re really there! The realism is crazy.

500e87f51bf19c623ee76d33f9157a92.jpg

tirian

I always thought the true thematic match for EPCOT would be Soarin over the Land, a version with just natural wonders from around the world.
Since it’s digital, Disney should replace the Taj Mahal sequence with — anything else, really — and correct those overall transitions while they’re at it. I still don’t understand how the same team that created Soarin’ 1.0 could screw up 2.0 that badly.

As Walt would say, “You can’t top ‘Pigs’ with ‘Pigs.’” (Although with SWGE, that might be Pigs with Porgs.)

Mac Tonight

You know what makes it worse? I have been to India multiple times and know the Taj very well and never would it be as empty as it looks in the film. The place is always crawling with people and when it is not packed with people it is with Monkeys.
To some people, those are the same thing :)

Practical Pig

The previews looked terrible. Aside from that I’m having Live Action Remake fatigue.

Me too. They are rushing a flood of them to market too fast, just like they did with Star Wars, diluting the brand. If they would dribble them in instead, I would find it easier to sustain interest, and financial support.

And why is the CGI Lion King remake being labeled "live" action? Do they use some background or atmospheric photographic footage? Are some shots of the non-talking, just-born Simba photographic footage of a real lion cub? How does a film where all of the speaking roles will certainly be rendered CGI animation qualify as "live action?"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom