News Soarin’ Over California Returns!

socalifornian

Me too. They are rushing a flood of them to market too fast, just like they did with Star Wars, diluting the brand. If they would dribble them in instead, I would find it easier to sustain interest, and financial support.

And why is the CGI Lion King remake being labeled "live" action? Do they use some background or atmospheric photographic footage? Are some shots of the non-talking, just-born Simba photographic footage of a real lion cub? How does a film where all of the speaking roles will certainly be rendered CGI animation qualify as "live action?"
Looks like it won’t be running for best animated feature in the Oscars either, and no mocap was used so you can’t even say any real actors/stand-ins/doubles acted anything out 😆

>>Disney will reportedly not campaign the film in the best-animated-feature race for the 2020 Oscars, instead focusing on the best-visual-effects race.
Live computer animated action
Lol
>>You are in the same camp as Favreau himself, who still isn’t sure how viewers should categorize the film.

“Well, it’s difficult because it’s neither, really,” he told SlashFilm. “It depends what standard you’re using. Because there’s no real animals and there’s no real cameras and there’s not even any performance that’s being captured that’s underlying data that’s real. Everything is coming through the hands of artists.”

truecoat

Me too. They are rushing a flood of them to market too fast, just like they did with Star Wars, diluting the brand. If they would dribble them in instead, I would find it easier to sustain interest, and financial support.

And why is the CGI Lion King remake being labeled "live" action? Do they use some background or atmospheric photographic footage? Are some shots of the non-talking, just-born Simba photographic footage of a real lion cub? How does a film where all of the speaking roles will certainly be rendered CGI animation qualify as "live action?"

Flood or dribble doesn’t matter if it’s not that good. Marvel has no problem with 2 or 3 movies a year. Star Wars could handle 1 a year if they were good enough.

HoldenC

Even though Soarin Over California makes no sense in Epcot, I wish we could get this film back for a limited time.

Figments Friend

I've watched the recent 'Soarin Over California' 2019 edition a few times now via YouTube, since the real experience is currently 2,895 miles away from me at the moment.

I love this film, I love Jerry's score.
It's a wonderful visual tribute to the scenic variety and changing landscapes of The Golden State.

Watching this film again is just all kinds of wonderful.
Glorious.
Scenic.
Serene.
Relaxing.
Nostalgic.

Go ahead -
Treat yourself to a 'flight'!

This NEEDS TO STAY at DCA!
:)

-

Figments Friend

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I've watched the recent 'Soarin Over California' 2019 edition a few times now via YouTube, since the real experience is currently 2,895 miles away from me at the moment.

I love this film, I love Jerry's score.
It's a wonderful visual tribute to the scenic variety and changing landscapes of The Golden State.

Watching this film again is just all kinds of wonderful.
Glorious.
Scenic.
Serene.
Relaxing.
Nostalgic.

Go ahead -
Treat yourself to a 'flight'!

This NEEDS TO STAY at DCA!
:)

-

Glad you can get back to the original so you don't have to deal with all the warping issues of 'World...

;)

mickEblu

From Matthew Gottula @DLthings:

After overwhelming guest feedback, Soarin’ Over California is staying all summer long

Source is Disneyland Resort Line magazine, which according to the advertising media kit, "reaches 30,000 Cast Members - plus their friends and family".

I think it was always planned to be all summer. They just said June only to get bodies to DCA in June.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom