News Soarin’ Over California Returns!

truecoat

I got to experience Soarin' Over California today, and it was amazing! A few technical items I noticed, for the detail-oriented in the crowd:

* The film has been cleaned up and digitized for the new projectors, and looks very crisp. The colors got a bit saturated in the conversion process, so it's a bit bright (most noticeable in the rafting scene and the desert).

* During the digitization process, they seemed to have zoomed and cropped a bit, as the action is a bit "closer" to you than it previously was.

* The digitization also resulted in the scene shifting back and forth a LOT. Think the jittering of the camera during the LA traffic scene, but in every scene. The result is the film isn't quite as smooth as it originally was. It was honestly distracting and jittery enough to give me a headache.

* The score and soundtrack were also remixed and boosted for the new audio system and it sounds PHENOMENAL. Hearing the Goldsmith score in this new mix was amazing.

* The orange scent smells like a different one than they previously used. This is a lot stronger. We noticed the scent as soon as we walked in the theatre.

* Having little things back like the load music, Patrick welcoming you back, the original safety video which says "over California"... it all just fits DCA and Grizzly Peak so much better.

I thought this was digitized before the change over.

The Grand Inquisitor

Epcot deserves better than that. How about Soarin over Mars!
Epcot deserves better than that. How about Soarin over Mars!

socalifornian

I thought Soarin Over Mars was basically Mission: Space? Except in a spinning broom closet.
Yup you also have buttons to press depending on your job. There’s the orange or green sides depending on if you want G’s or not too. If Star Tours left because of GE I thought they might’ve tried to shoehorn a lite green version of that ride as a cheap fix. Glad flight 1401 is sticking around

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom