So, You Want to be an Imagineer - Season 19 Hype Thread

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
Yes.

But seriously, all but kiwi are terrifying in their own way.

For ostriches, we had to get them inside when it was cold and wet because they slip on ice and it’s real bad. To do so, we had these wooden shields (just plywood sheets with door handles nailed to them) and we had to push them in like Roman soldiers. There were 4 of us closing in and they were right at the door to their barn and our male went in, but our female didn’t want to and literally jumped directly over me. I’m a little under 5’9” and this 300+ pound, 7 foot tall bird jumped over my head. I thought I was gonna die.

Emus and rheas aren’t awful, but they can be pushy, especially males. Generally though we work with them only as babies and young adults since we rented them from emu and Rhea farms as chicks and sent them back after the season.

Cassowaries are legit scarier than the velociraptors in the Jurassic Park movies are made out to be. They’re 6 feet tall, weigh 200+ pounds, and their claws can and have disemboweled people and other animals. My first day at the zoo, literally day 1 ever at 16 years old, I was handed a riot shield and had to move them into a trailer to be brought out of their heated winter barn into their summer enclosure. The male was fine, but I watched our female jump up and kick the head keeper’s shield and sent him flying back. Dude was like 6’2 and jacked, but this murder Turkey launched him about 6 feet back. It was a terrifying first day.

Luckily, all of these birds are dumb as hell though and as long as you don’t Spook them, you’re fine. I rarely had incidents (though that female cassowary hated men so we didn’t work with them except for moving or vet work) with any of them, but I’ve heard horror stories

Chaos Cat

So here something @TheOriginalTiki might like to see:

den2rkk-037c5cea-c567-437e-b85e-867879317f2a.png

(Source)

Suchomimus

Selective.

I’m assuming this is in regards to the Sorcerer’s Apprentice 5 Legoland New York project. Did our players accurately predict the future? I only recall the broad strokes of that round.
The next S.A.. Do you remember when you were on Team S.E.A. and you renovated parks around Europe?

Suchomimus

I do. I recall working on Phantasialand with @Disney Dad 3000, and having a blast with that park. Other sub-groups tackled Efteling, and I believe also Alton Towers and PortAventura. That was a good round.

Why do you ask?
I was hoping to learn the whereabouts of the missing $45 million that went into the Pardoes Flat and the Monsieur Cannibale retheme as neither were present on Day 3 of the Themepark Backpacker when the tour went to Efteling.

D Hulk

I was hoping to learn the whereabouts of the missing $45 million that went into the Pardoes Flat and the Monsieur Cannibale retheme as neither were present on Day 3 of the Themepark Backpacker when the tour went to Efteling.
Somebody on Team S.E.A. must have embezzled that $45 million! 😳 You’ll have to ask the Efteling crew.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom