So, You Want to be an Imagineer - Season 19 Hype Thread

AceAstro

@Mickeynerd17 with you not being able to play this round, maybe watch some Danny DeVito movies (or is it DeVido? :p :p )

C9BBEDC6-DF16-4816-B52A-0F39B08B9446.jpeg

TwilightZone

Question Of The Day (Specifically For Epcot Fans):
Which Iteration Of Test Track Do You Prefer? & Why?
First version by far. While a bit dated aesthetically, it has the much better plot and setting plus lots of charm with the two hosts. The new version is too robotic and not in the fun way.
A theoretical happy medium is have it be the old setting updated, bring back new hosts, keep the car customization aspect, and have the lead up to the finale have the tron aesthetic.

Mickeynerd17

Question Of The Day (Specifically For Epcot Fans):
Which Iteration Of Test Track Do You Prefer? & Why?
The original by a mile!

Why? Well, I'm a bit biased because it was the first ride I loved at any park ever, but Test track was the one of the closest rides to an EPCOT Center classic that I was able to experience in terms of attraction detail. Every last detail involving vehicle testing was in there, and it was educational (despite what some people think). The ride itself had rough roads, brake testing, environment chamber with real hot and cold, and the classic barrier test. The queue was constantly full of energy with test dummies being smacked ever minute, and info boards explained different parts of vehicle safety while you waited. Also, the preshow was wonderful! As a kid who loved everything cars and transportation, I loved every second spent in that building and was extremely crushed when they changed it.

Now, the current one suffers from too much emphasis on the "design your car", which is a great feature itself, but they sacrificed proper theming of the ride for it. Now, the ride is mostly a venture through a digital landscape (why its dubbed "Tron Track") with not a ton of resemblance to testing a vehicle, especially in the Capability test. The environment chambers are a joke now, and most people ride it for the outside loop (especially when the car design was turned off). Some people think the current one is better because its more futuristic and thereby fits Epcot's theme better, but I would argue the original was more in line with the park because it was both a fun and educational experience while the current one is more just for fun instead of actually teaching anything. This is my honest opinion.

Don't get me wrong, I still love Test Track! I just miss the original I grew up with, and the current one doesn't live up to it's legacy.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom