So, You Want to be an Imagineer - Season 19 Hype Thread

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
Has anyone checked out the Bright Sun Films documentary on Six Flags New Orleans yet? Definitely plan on doing a podcast about it. @AceAstro not sure how connected you are to Jake but I'd really appreciate it if you could somehow point him towards the podcast once it happens.
Where can I watch it?? This is a very intriguing subject to me.

AceAstro

Has anyone checked out the Bright Sun Films documentary on Six Flags New Orleans yet? Definitely plan on doing a podcast about it. @AceAstro not sure how connected you are to Jake but I'd really appreciate it if you could somehow point him towards the podcast once it happens.
Yeah, can do! I know Jake pretty well so can easily pass along the link

AceAstro

Where can I watch it?? This is a very intriguing subject to me.
There are a ton of places you can buy or rent it!

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
There are a ton of places you can buy or rent it!

Thanks Ace!! I’ll definitely be checking this out tonight or tomorrow!!

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No

yt672tuy3geft562.jpeg

yt672tuy3geft564.jpeg

yt672tuy3geft561.jpeg

disneyland-jungle-cruise-soft-opening-6.jpg

yt672tuy3geft563.jpeg

More pictures on here:

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No

(Context: Kim Irvine said that in the original Trapped Safari, as staged by Marc Davis, guests couldn't relate to the characters since they didn't know anything about them, so this was changed and improved in the refurb so guests can appreciate and relate to them better)

Lmao, I almost replied:

"Jungle Cruise skippers taking names of DisTwitter personalities to name the chimps:
tenor.gif
"

PerGron

Maybe the reason we couldn't relate to them was because they were in a situation that doesn't happen to the average person? I mean, how many of us have been chased up a tree by a rhino?
Not a rhino, but I’ve been up a fence because of a zebra, been up a wall because of an alligator, and been up a display ladder because of a camel

PerGron

So which one of those 5 is a demon spawned by Hades?
Yes.

But seriously, all but kiwi are terrifying in their own way.

For ostriches, we had to get them inside when it was cold and wet because they slip on ice and it’s real bad. To do so, we had these wooden shields (just plywood sheets with door handles nailed to them) and we had to push them in like Roman soldiers. There were 4 of us closing in and they were right at the door to their barn and our male went in, but our female didn’t want to and literally jumped directly over me. I’m a little under 5’9” and this 300+ pound, 7 foot tall bird jumped over my head. I thought I was gonna die.

Emus and rheas aren’t awful, but they can be pushy, especially males. Generally though we work with them only as babies and young adults since we rented them from emu and Rhea farms as chicks and sent them back after the season.

Cassowaries are legit scarier than the velociraptors in the Jurassic Park movies are made out to be. They’re 6 feet tall, weigh 200+ pounds, and their claws can and have disemboweled people and other animals. My first day at the zoo, literally day 1 ever at 16 years old, I was handed a riot shield and had to move them into a trailer to be brought out of their heated winter barn into their summer enclosure. The male was fine, but I watched our female jump up and kick the head keeper’s shield and sent him flying back. Dude was like 6’2 and jacked, but this murder Turkey launched him about 6 feet back. It was a terrifying first day.

Luckily, all of these birds are dumb as hell though and as long as you don’t Spook them, you’re fine. I rarely had incidents (though that female cassowary hated men so we didn’t work with them except for moving or vet work) with any of them, but I’ve heard horror stories

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom