So, You Want to be an Imagineer Season 18 HYPE THREAD!

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
Which project should I do? a Major E ticket wall-e dark ride in wdw Tomorrowland , a hkdl fantasyland overhaul, or a Second Wdw Fantasyland Expansion? I always have had trouble making decisions.

I'd probably stick to a singular attraction and work your way up from there :)

The weekly challenge isn't required, but a secret power will be going to the person in the main cast who accumulated the most points during the weekly challenges when the game starts.

mickeyfan5534

QotD: Because there are rumors of a live-action Hercules going into preproduction: what's a Disney movie you would like to see as a live-action remake?

Mine is The Sword in the Stone. I want that full-on fantasy Arthurian tale. Also the basic concept of "Merlin sneakily teaches a young King Arthur how to be a good king" would be super interesting to see done well.

PerGron

QotD: Because there are rumors of a live-action Hercules going into preproduction: what's a Disney movie you would like to see as a live-action remake?

Pinocchio. I think a live action Pinocchio done by Guillermo Del Toro would be absolutely phenomenal. I’d also say Tim Burton would be an okay choice, but he’s butchered Dumbo already, so maybe give him a break.

NateD1226

I have always wanted Hercules as a live action so I am super excited for the movie! Another one I have always wanted to be live action is Pinocchio. Like @PerGronStudio said, a Guillermo Del Toro film would be super cool.

CookieMouse

Wall-e: Cosmic Voyage (WIP!)
Taking the place of the galaxy palace theater and the carousel of progress is wall-e: cosmic voyage; a massive, E ticket trackless dark ride. Dont worry about COP, because it is being relocated to a new show building on part of the tomorrow land speedway.

Layout:
cop replacement.png

Queue:
The Queue Begins at the location of the galaxy palace theater, where the wall is shown.
Galaxy-Palace-Theater_Full_6946.jpg

To Keep Cohesion With the rest of the land, the exterior will look sleek and futuristic, but as guests go further into the queue, it begins to transition to a much more rusty and derelict look. An instrumental verision of put on your Sunday clothes from "hello dolly" echos throughout the queue, creating a haunting atmosphere, as the guests walk through a rusted hallway, littered with bnl merchandise (still wip)
Ride Through:
WIP

Last edited:

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Personally, I feel like the few movies that lend themselves to live action remakes have already been done. Other than commonly suggested ones like Treasure Planet/Atlantis or ones already in production like Pinocchio.

So, I'm gonna take this question from a different angle. Rapunzel face characters in the park tend to be the most attractive. And from what my friends who are into dudes say, Flynn is the most attractive male face characters. So, I'm gonna say Tangled purely for the equal opportunity eye candy lol

Orange Cat

Personally, I feel like the few movies that lend themselves to live action remakes have already been done. Other than commonly suggested ones like Treasure Planet/Atlantis or ones already in production like Pinocchio.

So, I'm gonna take this question from a different angle. Rapunzel face characters in the park tend to be the most attractive. And from what my friends who are into dudes say, Flynn is the most attractive male face characters. So, I'm gonna say Tangled purely for the equal opportunity eye candy lol
Originally I was gonna say something legitimate, but then I realized I don’t like most of the Disney live-action remakes I’ve seen (live-action The Jungle Book is the only one I like). So I agree with @Pi on my Cake ’s choice of Tangled purely for the eye-candy.

DisneyManOne

Two words: Black Cauldron. I've heard that Disney is planning to adapt the entire Chronicles of Prydain saga into films, and I really hope that gets off the ground soon, because it would finally give them a chance to set right the wrongs of one of their worst animated films.

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
I'm sort of shaking with anger over the news that Nintendo isn't going to do a Direct in June. I get that covid is affecting things, but we all know the Mario remakes are coming and they could literally port 3D World over any time they wanted. The lack of literally ANY sort of news about 1st party content post-Xenoblades is completely infuriating and makes me want to just give up on the company as a whole.

CookieMouse

Wall-e: Cosmic Voyage (WIP!)
Taking the place of the galaxy palace theater and the carousel of progress is wall-e: cosmic voyage; a massive, E ticket trackless dark ride. Dont worry about COP, because it is being relocated to a new show building on part of the tomorrow land speedway.

Layout:
cop replacement.png

Queue:
The Queue Begins at the location of the galaxy palace theater, where the wall is shown.
Galaxy-Palace-Theater_Full_6946.jpg

To Keep Cohesion With the rest of the land, the exterior will look sleek and futuristic, but as guests go further into the queue, it begins to transition to a much more rusty and derelict look. An instrumental version of “put on your Sunday clothes” from "hello dolly" echos throughout the queue, creating a haunting atmosphere, as the guests walk through a rusted hallway, littered with bnl merchandise. At one point there is a screen like the one from the movie, that plays an ad for the axiom, using holographic technology. The hello dolly music fades out, as the guests reach the loading station, and eerie silence takes its place. The guests are in a abandoned alleyway, with rusty looking vehicles labeled omtu: organic matter transportation unit. The journey is about to begin.
Ride Through:
WIP

Last edited:

orlando678-

Two words: Black Cauldron. I've heard that Disney is planning to adapt the entire Chronicles of Prydain saga into films, and I really hope that gets off the ground soon, because it would finally give them a chance to set right the wrongs of one of their worst animated films.
Gotta say that The Black Cauldron was one of my favorite Disney movies when I was little, but lets not start the discussion on whether that was a good movie or not. I guess it just really depends on what kind of value certain films have for you. Home on the Range is a flop when it comes to box office results, though when I recently watched it on Disney+ it literally gave me a nostalgic feeling no other Disney film could ever give me, and it was actually really enjoyable too hahah

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
Apologies for that Nintendo venting earlier. Probably not the right place for it haha.

As a reminder, the first Weekly Challenge is due tomorrow at midnight eastern, 9PM pacific. @mickeyfan5534 and I will be doing an early podcast at 9PM Eastern, so if you want your project to be included in the podcast please have it posted at least an hour before then. We'll also be going over some basic gameplay mechanics a second time just to iron them out for the new players who are joining us for the first time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom