So, You Want to be an Imagineer Season 18 HYPE THREAD!

spacemt354

Chili's
If anyone wants to join in @MANEATINGWREATH kicked back off the Epic Pop Culture Story!

CookieMouse

I'll throw out a Question of the Day.

Which video game setting would you most like to see translated into a theme park?
Minecraft. theres so much theme park potential there, even if it doesn't seem like it.
i would also KILL (no pun intended) for a real life freddy fazbears pizzeria in a theme park, even as a ride and not a restaurant! halloween horror nights, anyone? (yes, i know about the fnaf sally dark ride concept)

Disney Dad 3000

Either Up, the first Avengers, or Singing in the Rain!

My man!

singin-in-the-rain-1952-002-gene-kelly-street-light-umbrella-rain-00o-92y-crop-1000x750.jpg

DashHaber

Which video game setting would you most like to see translated into a theme park?
Oh, man. That is both easy and hard for me to say. Easy, because I would love to see Nintendo IPs in a theme park form. Thus, definitely excited to see just what Universal does with Nintendo. Hard, because Nintendo has so many incredible properties that it almost seems crazy to do just do one area. Seriously, so many classic game franchises with fantastic settings, from the giddy cartoon-style of Mushroom Kingdom to the real-world/fantastic of a Pokemon setting like Kanto, or the high fantasy adventure of Hyrule. I'd love to see an entire Nintendo theme park happen.

I suppose if I had to pick one, I'd go with Mushroom Kingdom. I know the Super Nintendo World area at Universal is leaning heavily into the Mario franchise for it, but it's also one of the places that I feel would be easiest to translate into a whole land, considering some of the diverse options within the Mario franchise.

PerGron

Hmmmm. I don’t play many video games, so imma have to go with my absolute favorite. Zoo Tycoon 2. It’s just a zoo. A regular zoo. That’s what I want.

No for real though, I think that out of any video game world I’ve wanted to visit, it’s RDR2. Something about the old west is mythical and fun and a ride where you’re helping to rob a train would be pretty fun.

Outbound

Hmmmm. I don’t play many video games, so imma have to go with my absolute favorite. Zoo Tycoon 2. It’s just a zoo. A regular zoo. That’s what I want.

No for real though, I think that out of any video game world I’ve wanted to visit, it’s RDR2. Something about the old west is mythical and fun and a ride where you’re helping to rob a train would be pretty fun.

This. Build expansions to Frontierland based on Rhodes and Annesburg.
1588102145812.png
1588102265951.png

DashHaber

Okay, so here is my idea for that first weekly challenge. Hope folks like it.

Wreck-It Ralph: Arcade Clean-Up

Ride Logline:
A whole bunch of computer bugs have gotten loose at Litwak's Arcade, and it's up to rookie Antivirus programs like you to stop them! Armed with Bug Zappers, follow Wreck-It Ralph and Vanellope Von Schweetz as you blast your way through a series of colorful arcade worlds.

Exterior: The exterior is a sleek white and red building, with a circuit-like design in the walls. The main entrance door has a wide door with two vertical lines of copper above it. One would say that it looks like a plug socket from the inside.

Queue: Guests find themselves inside the main lobby of Game Central Station, though all is not normal. Periodically, an alarm goes off, and electronic signs warn of the presence of computer viruses (which look like nasty bugs). As guests pass through the hallways lined with gateways to other video games (these gates also resembling plug sockets), you encounter Wreck-It Ralph and Vanellope. They talk about the virus outbreak, which happened when some bugs followed Ralph and Vanellope out of the Wi-Fi. However, it’s Vanellope who put out the call for us, Antivirus Programs from the Baxter Bug-Stomper software, to help fight back the bugs before they infect the other games. Eventually, we pass through a gate labeled “Fix-It Felix Jr.” and enter the loading area, which somewhat resembles a subway loading area. Additional signs give some tips on the Bug Zappers (which resemble old-school arcade light guns) before we hop into the ride vehicle, we resemble tram cars with the Bug Zappers inside.

Ride experience: The Game Central tram takes off through a tunnel (resembling the inside of a power cable) as Surge Protector gives us a final warning to be careful. We then emerge to the 8-bit look of Niceland, which is in chaos. The trams pass by the junkyard first, where Wreck-It Ralph is swinging away at bugs. Plenty of them are among the bricks for riders to blast, before turning away and passing by the main apartment building. In addition to bugs on the outside of the building, the windows show all sorts of chaos inside as Fix-It Felix and the Nicelanders are attacked. Riders can all blast away at the bugs in the hallways through these windows. Eventually, we turn away from the building and head into another power cable tunnel.

This time, we emerge into the candy-colored world of Sugar Rush. Even with the virus outbreak, there is still a race going on. The path twists and turns, following along the candy cane forests and gumdrop hills that line with bugs munching away at them. Vanellope is doing her part by trying to run some bugs off the road with her custom car, though not everyone is as lucky. Among the many bugs to blast, riders can see Taffyta Muttonfudge panicking in her wrecked car as bugs munch at the wheels. After some more turns, the trams make their way into yet another power cable tunnel. This time, riders emerge into Hero’s Duty.

Here, things step up a notch. Sergeant Calhoun yells out some inspiring quotes as the tram moves toward an ominous tower in the distance. NPCs from the game try to help out in the fight, but the level is swarming with bugs. As you enter inside and turn into a laboratory, Vanellope glitches in and warns that the viruses are mutating the Cy-Bugs. We see that for ourselves as Ralph stands on some rubble, swinging away at mutated Cy-Bugs scuttling around. Heading further into the building, we discover it: the Mother Bug, a giant fusion of Cy-Bug and computer virus. Plenty of spots to shoot for points, as Ralph and Vanellope charge around the background battling bugs. We hear a monstrous roar as we turn away, signaling the beast’s defeat.

We enter one last chamber, where Wreck-It Ralph and Vanellope wait for us. They cheer us on as General Hologram appears, calling us heroes for our brave duty and projecting the scores we’ve racked up by blasting bugs. They tell us they hope we return, though not when things are so scary, as we enter one final power cable tunnel. Our trams pull into the unloading area, as Surge Projector tells us to be safe and refrain from taking anything from other games.

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
After pretty much living in New Horizons for the past month, I'm going to have to cast my vote for Animal Crossing. I have no idea how they'd pull off the actual character interactions, but being able to go to the museum and have Blathers assess fossils, having a "loan" to pay off to Tom Nook, visiting the Able Sisters for some awesome Nintendo clothing. I know it probably wouldn't be much more than a mall, but being able to step into a realized version of the New Horizons island would be a dream come true right now.

Another idea I've had is to combine all the Nintendo sci-fi IPs into one land. You'd have an F-Zero coaster, a Star Fox simulator, a Metroid shooter dark ride etc. Maybe the plot of the land could even tie the IPs together.

Dark horse, but I'd love to see a Grand Theft Auto land, specifically Vice City. I could see that being the next level of character performance, plus I have some pretty cool ideas for a GTA: Test Track attraction that would simulate being in a five star police chase in the game.

Generic RCT would also be pretty funny, with the iconic costumed characters, pieces of scenery, merry-go-round music, stalls themed to giant pieces of food etc. As it stands, the Fun Spot parks are pretty much the closest thing we have to real life RCT.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom