So, You Want to be an Imagineer Season 18 HYPE THREAD!

DashHaber

After pretty much living in New Horizons for the past month, I'm going to have to cast my vote for Animal Crossing. I have no idea how they'd pull off the actual character interactions, but being able to go to the museum and have Blathers assess fossils, having a "loan" to pay off to Tom Nook, visiting the Able Sisters for some awesome Nintendo clothing. I know it probably wouldn't be much more than a mall, but being able to step into a realized version of the New Horizons island would be a dream come true right now.

Another idea I've had is to combine all the Nintendo sci-fi IPs into one land. You'd have an F-Zero coaster, a Star Fox simulator, a Metroid shooter dark ride etc. Maybe the plot of the land could even tie the IPs together.

Dark horse, but I'd love to see a Grand Theft Auto land, specifically Vice City. I could see that being the next level of character performance, plus I have some pretty cool ideas for a GTA: Test Track attraction that would simulate being in a five star police chase in the game.

Generic RCT would also be pretty funny, with the iconic costumed characters, pieces of scenery, merry-go-round music, stalls themed to giant pieces of food etc. As it stands, the Fun Spot parks are pretty much the closest thing we have to real life RCT.
Animal Crossing could make for a neat land. In terms of rides, at the very least I could picture a very easygoing boat-based dark ride, going down a river through one such town.

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
Animal Crossing could make for a neat land. In terms of rides, at the very least I could picture a very easygoing boat-based dark ride, going down a river through one such town.

There needs to be a parody horror attraction with Zipper T. Bunny 😂🤣
zipper-t-bunny-animal-crossing-ftr_1xmna2834w3ly1ec6wv69n3iwd.jpg

mickeyfan5534

I would make a Dark ride using kuka arm technology.
Interesting.
I guess you could say I've always had the same idea as Disney since I would make the ride just like how they showed. Each person would get their own seat as they help the Avengers fight.

View attachment 467139View attachment 467144
I think that so much of this E-ticket is going to be based on how they pull off the integration of the ride system into the experience.

mickeyfan5534

QotD: How would you pull off an Avengers E-ticket?
Personally, I think it should be a 5-part experience
Backstory: You've been scouted by the Avengers to use your skills.
Part 1: A walkthrough through an "Avengers Museum" of sorts. The Hogwarts Castle per se.
Part 2: A "what's your power?" segment. Are you a super soldier? A cosmic hero? A suit wearer? A mutant? An Inhuman? Something else entirely?
Part 3: Practice with powers. A VR or AR segment. Have fun with your powers for a couple of minutes before a massive coalition of villains interrupts your training.
Part 4: Quinjet Simulator. Get to safety in a Quinjet that gets taken down by some villains
Part 5: Interactive trackless dark ride. Use your powers to help the Avengers in their fight against the villains.

NateD1226

Part 1: A walkthrough through an "Avengers Museum" of sorts. The Hogwarts Castle per se.
Part 2: A "what's your power?" segment. Are you a super soldier? A cosmic hero? A suit wearer? A mutant? An Inhuman? Something else entirely?
Part 3: Practice with powers. A VR or AR segment. Have fun with your powers for a couple of minutes before a massive coalition of villains interrupts your training.
Part 4: Quinjet Simulator. Get to safety in a Quinjet that gets taken down by some villains
Part 5: Interactive trackless dark ride. Use your powers to help the Avengers in their fight against the villains.
I like this. It is kinda like a ROTR type experience. Plus it fits really well with the idea of being immersed into the ride which Disney has been starting to do.

Orange Cat

I guess you could say I've always had the same idea as Disney since I would make the ride just like how they showed. Each person would get their own seat as they help the Avengers fight.

View attachment 467139View attachment 467144
The same as the examples above

DashHaber

I would say dark ride with kuka arm tech or a 3D motion-based dark ride, but this is a really cool idea.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
I'll throw out a Question of the Day.

Which video game setting would you most like to see translated into a theme park?
Kingdom Hearts would be a personal favorite just because I love the franschise. I think indie stuff like Undertale or Shovel Knight have worlds that would translate incredibly well into a theme park.

Minecraft. theres so much theme park potential there, even if it doesn't seem like it.
i would also KILL (no pun intended) for a real life freddy fazbears pizzeria in a theme park, even as a ride and not a restaurant! halloween horror nights, anyone? (yes, i know about the fnaf sally dark ride concept)

I did that back in SYWTBAI!
Five Nights at Freddy's
Night Shift

five-nights-at-golden-freddys.jpg

So, for any of you who dont know, Five Nights at Freddy's is an indie horror game that has blown up in a huge way over the last few years. 4 succesful main series games, 2 popular spin offs, 2 books, and 1 upcoming move. Not to mention an insane amount of merchandise! The series is, at its most simply stated, about a haunted Chuckie Cheese type pizza place. For a description of the maze, check out these videos! As a totally real YouTube gamer, I was invited in an advanced your of the maze alongside Markiplier, MatPat, and others! This is totally a real thing that happened!

For more info, I hand you over to my Universal insider friend who totally wasn't supposed to be me with a fake mustache in another video I didn't have time to make.

"Hey! This is @Eulersnotationonmycrumpet. I am @Pionmycake 's Universal insider friend. So,this Fnaf maze is built to disorient people (darkness, blinking lights, steam) so they think they are walking in a loop, but it really is all new rooms. Each "loop" through the pizzeria gets smaller and more cramped to make people feel like everything closing in and getting more intense. Most of the effects here are very simple, a couple costumes and some simple shadow projections do most of the work.

They did a lot of statue work for this one though. A lot of figures here. Some even are very simple animatronics. It was a bigger investment than Universal usually likes, but they forsee this as being a hit and bringing in a whole new audience. There are already proposals for a maze next year based on either Fnaf 3 or Sister Location. Viral marketing through Let's Players, like Pi Plays, is seen as a big bonus for Universal.

The Pizza in the waiting area is a genius move. It's the exact same pizza as the Fantastic Four Cafe carted over and stuck on a paper plate with the Freddy Fazbear logo. The genius part is that they charge at least a dollar more a slice just for the novelty. They know fans will eat that stuff up both figuratively and literally.

Over all, this maze was chosen not just for the franchise's huge recent success and how great a fit for a haunted house it is, but for the new audiences and new marketing oppurtunities it brings. This new wave of cult indie horror games is something Universal hopes to capitalise on in the next few years. Some analysts say it could cause almost as much growth for the halloween event as Walking Dead did. Especially if the Fnaf movie does well and more India horror games can be included in HHN. Universal regrets missing out with Slenderman, they won't make that mistake again."

Reference photos
latest

mqdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

images

There were videos that were lost at some point where I pretended to be a let's player vlogging about an exclusive preview. Other than that it is all there as a simple project.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
There needs to be a parody horror attraction with Zipper T. Bunny 😂🤣
zipper-t-bunny-animal-crossing-ftr_1xmna2834w3ly1ec6wv69n3iwd.jpg
That bunny is so creepy!

Will have to update this thread, it's stopped in 2018 but @Pi on my Cake I miss these reviews it was super creative!

When I eventually someday become a cast member again, I'd definitely enjoy doing those again! They were super fun and would be even more fun now that I understand that stuff better.

Who thinks futurama would be a good fit for tommorowland, with Disney owning fox now? It probably would work better for the deco tech tommorowland.

Visually, it would be a great fit and I'd love to see some Easter Eggs. Tonally, I don't think the show would fit in the Magic Kingdom. It's a bit too edgy/mature in its comedy and a bit too cynical to really fit in a Disney park. I could see there being some kind of experience in a Disney Springs/Downtown Disney type environment though.

Flight of Passage style! The MCU stuff doesn't really lend itself as well to physical effects and figures.

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster

A roller coaster with multiple different branching paths so you see a whole host of Avengers in a variety of different set pieces. Much like Mission: Breakout it would have take several re-rides to see every variation. Think of it as a physically realized Star Tours 2.0

@Pi on my Cake I strongly disagree that physical MCU stuff couldn't work. The Mission: Breakout queue is a testament to that. With that said, I think it'd be a shame if an Avengers E-Ticket didn't at least feature a fully realized Hulk AA. I could also picture a whole room of physical Iron Man suits and even a Thanos AA with a physical gauntlet I could see being pretty easily realized. The only stuff I think would probably have to be done with screens is any sort of flying scenarios or high speed chases.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom