So, You Want to be an Imagineer Season 18 HYPE THREAD!

mickeyfan5534

Question of the Day: What's your favorite movie of all time?
Personally, mine is easy. Beauty and the Beast 1991. I think it's a near-perfect film.
The characters are all stunningly likable, Belle might be one of the best designed of all the Disney Princesses (she's beautiful but she's not classically beautiful. She has a really cute wonky nose and she makes a lot of really great faces that you don't see the other princesses make), the Beast is extremely compelling from the word go (and is the perfect combination of hairy baby and terrifying creature), the music is absolute perfection, the animation has yet to be matched, and the story takes a propaganda piece about arranged marriage and turns it into a genuinely powerful love story where the two romantic leads are on the same level.

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
I have a few different definitions for my favorite movie. Jurassic Park was definitely the formulative movie of my childhood that sparked my imagination and developed my passion for telling stories and probably inadvertently for theme parks as I watched it before I ever went to Disney. I just recently ranked my top 100 favorite movies of the decade (2010-2019) and Scott Pilgrim vs. The World came out on top. There's just something about Scott Pilgrim that's just perfect film-making as far as I'm concerned. It's got a flawless cast of characters who each shine in their own way with utterly memorable lines and moments. The style is absolutely off the charts with the video game ascetic. There's just so many little things going on in the background on top of it just being a lovely little indie movie about the challenges of life in your 20's when you get down to the heart of the story. The Social Network is a close second for being the most rewatchable and compelling straight up "drama" film I've ever seen. The destruction of the main friendship in Social Network is utterly Shakespearean in its execution.

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
Thanks for giving me the head's-up on this. I just might take part in this. It sounds like a fun idea, and sounds like a fun space to practice some armchair imagineering, even if my ideas might not be as fully fleshed-out as some of the right ones I already see here.

A big part of the game is being able to work well in a team setting, so as long as you're participating in the brainstorming and pulling your weight with at least one component of the project each individual round you should be able to do fine :)

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
A couple other of my all time favorites. A recent one and a modern classic, both equally meme-worthy and substance-filled!
source.gif
ScrawnyThreadbareBlackfish-size_restricted.gif

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

Attachments

• 1588013724098.png
    1588013724098.png
    64.9 KB · Views: 59
  • 1588013839068.jpeg
    1588013839068.jpeg
    9.3 KB · Views: 54

NateD1226

NateD1226's Reviews

@DisneyManOne -Alice In Wonderland

This ride was very simple and straight to the point and that is what warm-up writeups should be. The map was great and a nice layout to see everything lined up and how it would flow. The main problem I have is that it seems like it wouldn't flow as well with the Dueling Track. It seems like each track isn't getting the full story like how a traditional Fantasyland ride would be. Overall, good work but just needs a little bit more work on the flow of the ride.
Creativity: 8/10
Realism: 7/10
Detail: 7/10
Presentation: 8/10
Total: 30/40

@orlando678- - The Haunted Chateau

I absolutely love this! The backstory is great and the story flows very well! The detail in the writeup was very nice and I loved how it had reminiscence of the other Haunted Mansions around the world. If I had to nitpick, I would say that the dragon seems a bit out of place but it still is an amazing scene. Great work!
Creativity: 10/10
Realism: 8/10
Detail: 9/10
Presentation: 8/10
Total: 35/40

@NigelChanning09 - Bald Mountain: A Disney Villains Adventure and Toy Story Land Expansion Ideas

Love all the ideas here as they were all very creative. I'll start off with the Bald Mountain attraction. Every few weeks it seems like we have another version of a villains ride which is very popular and wanted in the parks haha. Nevertheless, yours was just as great. The villains portrayed are always very iconic and loved in the Disney community, so good choice. The only problem I have is to use more detail and try to flow out your paragraphs so it is not jumping from place to place so rapidly. As for the Toy Story expansion area, it it very fun! I think you have the same problem here as Bald Mountain. Just try to explain more and get your full idea presented. Overall, you have two wonderful projects and can't wait to see what you do in the future.
Creativity: 8/10
Realism: 7/10
Detail: 7/10
Presentation: 7/10
Total: 29/40​

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom