So, You Want to be an Imagineer Season 18 HYPE THREAD!

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
Question of the Day
What is the best use of "new" technology in a Disney ride? Shanghai Pirates? Pooh's Hunny Hunt? Mystic Manor? All the way back to the past with Haunted Mansion or OG Pirates or Enchanted Tiki Room?
'
Flight of Passage. It might be Soarin' on steroids, but it made SOOOOO many quality of life improvements over Soarin' that it's truly a "next generation" E Ticket. The breathing mechanic and spraying mist and scents in your face is definitely part of it, but the biggest improvement is the lack of bad seats. Approximately 1/9th of Soarin's rows offer unobstructed views, and I straight up will ask to wait for the middle rows because I can't stand the warped screen effect on the sides. With Flight of Passage I've yet to get a ride that doesn't feel like it has a perfect view of the screen.

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
I also love how Smuggler's Run works in a group setting. I'll never forget the time myself, @D Hindley, @MANEATINGWREATH, and Jacob Wile had a pod to ourselves and spent the whole ride essentially trying to crash the Falcon. I've said it before, I'll say it again...the roles assigned on that ride have a perfect balance to them. The piloting is easily the most fun role, the gunner is the best gameplay with the high score factor, and the engineer is the best seat in the house to actually take in all the action. I can't think of another attraction that has so many different ways to ride but blends them all together so well.

mickeyfan5534

I also love how Smuggler's Run works in a group setting. I'll never forget the time myself, @D Hindley, @MANEATINGWREATH, and Jacob Wile had a pod to ourselves and spent the whole ride essentially trying to crash the Falcon. I've said it before, I'll say it again...the roles assigned on that ride have a perfect balance to them. The piloting is easily the most fun role, the gunner is the best gameplay with the high score factor, and the engineer is the best seat in the house to actually take in all the action. I can't think of another attraction that has so many different ways to ride but blends them all together so well.
This sounds like absolute chaos

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Question of the Day
It's almost 10 am and no one has even thought to wish me a happy birthday? Tragic.

Actual Question of the Day
What's your favorite character archetype?
Happy birthday!!!!!!

I such a sucker for the "person who has gone through some very serious stuff and uses humor to cope with the trauma while working to get better" archetype. Spiderman, Peter Quill, Marco from Animorphs, Leo from Percy Jackson. It's great lol

Question of the Day
What is your favorite ride system?
I love EMVs like Dinosaur and Indy. Though nothing tops a real basic bus bar dark ride for me.

TwilightZone

Question of the Day
What is the best use of "new" technology in a Disney ride? Shanghai Pirates? Pooh's Hunny Hunt? Mystic Manor? All the way back to the past with Haunted Mansion or OG Pirates or Enchanted Tiki Room?
I'm gonna keep it recent because I think going retro would be cheating a little haha. Anyways my favorite is probably Mystic Manor, which just really mixes so many features (screens, animatronics, ride system) so well! Mickey and minnie's comes really close and I think those 2 rides are proof screen rides can be just as great as the classics if done well.

Question of the Day
What is your favorite ride system?
Idk why but anything involving a boat is cool to me. If they somehow make a trackless boat dark ride I will invent a teleporter just so I am first in line.

Question of the Day
It's almost 10 am and no one has even thought to wish me a happy birthday? Tragic.

Actual Question of the Day
What's your favorite character archetype?

After giving it some thought, I think mine is the villain who grows to redeem themselves. Always fun to see and would be better in modern disney films than the traditional twist villain.

Also happy late bday!

Last edited:

DisneyManOne

so...

...how 'bout that Hamilton, huh?

I thought nothing would top seeing the original London company of Hamilton live and in person. Even then, I knew I was lucky to even see Hamilton live and in person at all, but being able to see the original Broadway company perform this incredible show was absolutely incredible!

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster

so...

...how 'bout that Hamilton, huh?

I thought nothing would top seeing the original London company of Hamilton live and in person. Even then, I knew I was lucky to even see Hamilton live and in person at all, but being able to see the original Broadway company perform this incredible show was absolutely incredible!

I feel the same way regarding me being able to see it at the Pantages. My favorite part of the filmed version is getting up close and personal with the actors. You really get to see the emotion in the moments in a way even a front row seat can't provide. Speaking of getting up close and personal with the actors...
1593835939878.png

1593836007403.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom