So, You Want to be an Imagineer Season 18 HYPE THREAD!

mickeyfan5534

Question of the Day: What is your favorite song of all time?

Don't Stop Me Now is a song that is pure joy. It encapsulates this feeling of being an unstoppable force.
Honorable mentions:

The Way You Look Tonight (when performed well) is just so simple and charming. It doesn't need Sinatra's big band bluster, it just needs a genuine feeling behind it.

Almost There is such a beautiful "I Want" song because it's at a point not many "I Want" songs are: when the dream is actually in reach.

I have a theory that if a musical has a song called "Home" in it, it will be one of the best songs in the show.

JokersWild

Impossible question to answer, but I'm ready to take you all down a rabbit hole of obscurity and oddity.

This coupled with God Only Knows are absolutely peak Brian Wilson and I wish that more people knew this song (as well as the entirety of this album, but that's a different story.)

Best Bowie song. Don't @ me. Hunky Dory and Ziggy Stardust are genuinely my favorite of his albums.

Favorite Syd Barrett song and it's absolutely heartbreaking if you know his story.

Favorite Pink Floyd track. It's just so different from the rest of their catalog. Absolutely worth a listen.

This song gave me an appreciation for both Harry Nilsson and Randy Newman (Newman wrote the track, though never officially released his own version. Just a perfect American vignette. And those harmonies. My god.

Great song that showcases a lot of Van Parks' strengths as a songwriter/ producer. I understand if you don't like it. Most people don't....

One of my favorite songs. It's just so entirely unique and the arrangement is fantastic, once you get past the backwards section (about halfway through the track)

More people should listen to this band, and this is the song that got me into them.

Honorable mention to this song, which I'm currently obsessed with.

Wow...this was longer than I intended, but I never get the chance to show music to people so please enjoy this eclectic mix and discover some new bands.

PerGron

So I unironically adore Sea Shanties, Cowboy Trail Songs, and Civil War Union Marching songs (I know, weird ensemble there)

Some of my favorite songs include

Of course, I also listen to Non-weird music, but rather than listing all my favorite Queen and Billy Joel songs, I figured I’d delve into my other, more interesting selection

JokersWild

So I unironically adore Sea Shanties, Cowboy Trail Songs, and Civil War Union Marching songs (I know, weird ensemble there)

Some of my favorite songs include

Of course, I also listen to Non-weird music, but rather than listing all my favorite Queen and Billy Joel songs, I figured I’d delve into my other, more interesting selection

A) I am not ashamed to admit that I bought a concertina five years ago partially so I could play sea shanties (I actually learned part of Whale of a Tale)

B)Look up The Blasting Company. They did all the music for Over the Garden Wall and most of their original music is heavily inspired by sea shanties/ gypsy music/ folk. And, fittingly, their newest song is based around the Civil War.

PerGron

A) I am not ashamed to admit that I bought a concertina five years ago partially so I could play sea shanties (I actually learned part of Whale of a Tale)

B)Look up The Blasting Company. They did all the music for Over the Garden Wall and most of their original music is heavily inspired by sea shanties/ gypsy music/ folk. And, fittingly, their newest song is based around the Civil War.

I love the soundtrack to Over the Garden Wall! I didn’t know they did other music though, I’ll totally have to check them out!

Suchomimus

1bdzf4d4eo851.png

TwilightZone

Interpol is my favorite band and this is probably my favorite song from them. Good for both the good and bad times.

Some other notable songs:

Can't go wrong with a song about technical innovation haha.

I have this thing memorized

Another good interpol track

Probably my favorite pink floyd song

And this song which is just amazing tonally and lyrically

I listen to A LOT of songs, both my spotify playlists have over 1000 tracks each. But these are off the top of my head of songs i really enjoyed over the years (except the past is a grotesque animal, which is fairly new).

Last edited:

mickeyfan5534

Question of the Day
What is a fairy tale Disney has yet to adapt that you'd like to see done?
Mine is a Japanese story called "The Tale of the Woodcutter" or "The Tale of Princess Kaguya". Ghibli's done their own version but I think Disney could really do something special with a classic, traditionally animated musical version of the story (not to mention that Kaguya is an obvious new addition to the Princess lineup).

PerGron

Question of the Day

EDIT: Also, next hint avi is up

I’d kill for an actual adaptation of The Snow Queen. I adore Frozen so much, it’s in my top 3 favorite Disney movies, but The Snow Queen is such a unique tale with a female protagonist saving the man, the crow is my favorite fairytale character of all time, and overall, the actual Snow Queen story would be so good, but with Frozen, I doubt we’d ever get it.

Another Hans Christian Anderson story I’d love to see adapted is The Tinderbox, it’s got equal parts terror and whimsy that I think people would love it.

Finally, I’d love to see Disney do Anansi the Spider. American audiences get so little reference for African folktales and culture that I think taking their most iconic character and making a movie for him would help solve that problem and teach people about African cultures and show them there’s more to Sub-Saharan Africa than savannah and elephants

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
Question of the Day

EDIT: Also, next hint avi is up

It'll never happen, but I'd love to see what Disney could do with a Hobbit movie entirely disconnected from Jackson's cinematic universe. Not a fairy tale, but I honestly think an animated musical adaptation of The Great Gatsby would also be something I'd love to see them take on.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom