So, You Want to be an Imagineer Season 18 HYPE THREAD!

DisneyManOne

I had a stupid thought/idea yesterday and wanted to share. What if Disney bid on Hamilton had a clause on the usage of it at disney parks.. Just picture it. A small 40 min version that runs at Epcot's theatre would go over really well.
Why not have a 40-minute Hamilton replace The Hall of Presidents at the Magic Kingdom? Among the two "America-based animatronic shows", The American Adventure is clearly the better one of the two. Plus, Hall of Presidents is rather a relic of its time, back before the rift between the two parties grew exponentially.

Voxel

President of Progress City
Why not have a 40-minute Hamilton replace The Hall of Presidents at the Magic Kingdom? Among the two "America-based animatronic shows", The American Adventure is clearly the better one of the two. Plus, Hall of Presidents is rather a relic of its time, back before the rift between the two parties grew exponentially.
I won't argue that... I was just trying to make the less controversial decision. I would prefer Hall of President because it's a better Setting for something like Hamilton.

AceAstro

I had a stupid thought/idea yesterday and wanted to share. What if Disney bid on Hamilton had a clause on the usage of it at disney parks.. Just picture it. A small 40 min version that runs at Epcot's theatre would go over really well.
We already had that once ;)

1593016372943.png

DashHaber

QotD
What is your favorite Broadway show?
Hard choice, but I might mention The Mystery of Edwin Drood. For those unfamiliar, it's a musical based on an unfinished murder mystery novel written by Charles Dickens before he died. Now, how do you adapt an unfinished murder mystery as a musical?

Simple. Frame the show as a music hall putting on an adaptation of the book, play the plot for comedy, and let the audience vote on who they think is the murderer.

mickeyfan5534

One Step Closer from The Little Mermaid. One of my favorite songs but really most songs from The Little Mermaid. Wildest Dreams, Her Voice, She's in Love, If Only (quartet)
The Little Mermaid isn't an outstanding show but I really think it's underrated. I love just how much expansion they did with Ariel. Her soliloquy songs plus all the expansion of her relationships with Triton, Eric, and Sebastian.

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
The only Disney Theatrical I've actually seen is Tarzan, but I really enjoyed Terk's new song and its reprise. Also love how the camp gets set up during intermission only to be TRASHED at the very start of act two. I wish more shows would do creative staging like that for their intermissions

Outbound

omg...

I understand why it has to happen, but it’s sad to see something as iconic as splash mountain go.

Evilgidgit

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom