So, You Want to be an Imagineer Season 18 HYPE THREAD!

mickeyfan5534

Oh damn... I’ll list them instead

- Show Yourself (Frozen 2)
- Promise (Illuminations: Reflections of Earth)
- Happily Ever After (Happily Ever After)
- We Are One (Rivers of Light)
- Hapa Duiani (Used to be on Kilimanjaro Safaris)

- You’ve Got a Friend in Me (Toy Story)
- Festival of Fantasy (Festival of Fantasy Parade)
- All the Fantasmic Music
The taste level is outstanding.

DashHaber

Question of the Day: What is your favorite Disney song from any medium?
Oh, it is way too hard to pick just one song. So, I'll list a few favorites.

• There's a Great, Big, Beautiful Tomorrow (Carousel of Progress)
  • The World's Greatest Criminal Mind (The Great Mouse Detective)
  • This is Halloween (The Nightmare Before Christmas)
  • Be Our Guest (Beauty and the Beast)
  • Once Upon a Dream (Sleeping Beauty)
  • Part of Your World (The Little Mermaid)

AceAstro

Much delayed QotD
Other than your current projects, what are some Disney IPs you'd like to see made into a Broadway Musical?
Easy

CA75BA63-1444-4CF1-B012-04786DF8F587.png

mickeyfan5534

Disney does War Horse
TRON could be a game changer in blending a full story into a very concert-driven experience.
Six does that and it does it so freaking well so I'd like to see a more techno/club take on it
Honestly, I think Home on the Range would be super unique. I love a good ol western vibe and I think it could lend itself to a better life on stage, if they could figure out how to do the cows
I'm intrigued
The Sword in the Stone, but expand it to include and may cover other figures and events in Wart's reign.
Camelot, but make it good

DashHaber

Much delayed QotD
Other than your current projects, what are some Disney IPs you'd like to see made into a Broadway Musical?
I know Dumbo has already been mentioned, but I would love to see it brought to the stage. It's a story where there is some room for improvements while still capturing its heart, and I'd love to see the work with puppetry they'd do to realize Dumbo and other animal characters.

DisneyManOne

I actually think this could work as a play with music (a la Peter and the Starcatcher or Choir Boy). Like @mickeyfan5534 said (and @AceAstro confirmed), take the same style as War Horse to bring the elephants to life (but in the case of Pink Elephants, I'd prefer bunraku or some other outlandish form of puppetry). Smaller puppets would be used for Timothy and the crows (not black stereotypes this time around). As for the "play with music" concept, I think this could be a one-act play with only three songs from the film: "Baby Mine", "Pink Elephants on Parade" and "When I See an Elephant Fly". "Baby Mine" is sung early on as a lullaby, thus making the reprise during Dumbo's visit to her cell all the more heartbreaking.

AceAstro

I actually think this could work as a play with music (a la Peter and the Starcatcher or Choir Boy). Like @mickeyfan5534 said (and @AceAstro confirmed), take the same style as War Horse to bring the elephants to life (but in the case of Pink Elephants, I'd prefer bunraku or some other outlandish form of puppetry). Smaller puppets would be used for Timothy and the crows (not black stereotypes this time around). As for the "play with music" concept, I think this could be a one-act play with only three songs from the film: "Baby Mine", "Pink Elephants on Parade" and "When I See an Elephant Fly". "Baby Mine" is sung early on as a lullaby, thus making the reprise during Dumbo's visit to her cell all the more heartbreaking.
oooooh!

And you open it with "Casey Jr." just as that's a fun way to open it complete with a smoke effect and everything!

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
QotD
What is your favorite Broadway show?

Cabaret. I'm a huge fan of stories where there's a bunch of dark stuff going on under the surface of something light and colorful, and Cabaret is pretty much the primary example of that.

It's an old standard, but I also LOVE South Pacific. Such an amazing cast of characters and soundtrack, with messages and themes that are still just as relevant today as they were when the show first premiered. The performer who was playing as Emille in the production I saw is hands down the most talented vocalist I've ever seen live in any medium.

Voxel

President of Progress City
I had a stupid thought/idea yesterday and wanted to share. What if Disney bid on Hamilton had a clause on the usage of it at disney parks.. Just picture it. A small 40 min version that runs at Epcot's theatre would go over really well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom