So, You Want to be an Imagineer Season 18 HYPE THREAD!

JokersWild

.The Beach Boys - saw them during their 50th anniversary tour. Just super cool to be able to see Brian Wilson. If only Van D.yke Parks still toured.

.Sweeney Todd - Saw a production of it starring Terrence Mann about two years ago. Really fantastic show, and really incredible to see such a famous actor in such a small house.

Not a performance, but it was super surreal being in NYC the day that Broadway shut down back in March. I had tickets for Beetlejuice that night, and it was really weird seeing Times Square literally empty once the theatres shut down.

Last edited:

mickeyfan5534

Question of the day: What is the best live performance you've ever attended. It can be anything from a Broadway show or regional theater performance, a concert, or even just your favorite theme park show!
Drunk. Shakespeare.

Four classically trained actors. One is hammered. They try to perform a Shakespeare play. You know what happens. It’s so. Freaking. Funny.

PerGron

Question of the day: What is the best live performance you've ever attended. It can be anything from a Broadway show or regional theater performance, a concert, or even just your favorite theme park show!

So I’ve been to The Lion King on Broadway, but I was young enough that I only remember parts of it and not the entirety.

It’s definitely not going to be anyone else’s first pick, but Winged Encounters: The Kingdom Takes Flight at Animal Kingdom is my favorite “live performance” (I’d argue the macaws are performing). Most zoos have former pet macaws so their wings are clipped and they can’t fly, so getting to see them actually be able to fly around, and then just hang out in the park, gives me goosebumps every time. It’s something I wish I could give to my own animals.

If that doesn’t count, I guess Billy Joel at Fenway Park was my favorite actual live performance since it’s the only concert I’ve ever actually been to and I like me some Billy Joel

Evilgidgit

The Lion King West End show remains hands down my favourite musical. No contest there!

A few years ago, I was part of a workshop to learn how to write reviews for theatre and art performances. There were a few interesting shows I saw there. The most astonishing one was a live performance set in a local Lock 'n' Store, where we followed the actors on foot through the scenes. It was the most surreal performane I've ever seen.

mickeyfan5534

Additionally, not one I've attended but seen video of: an official Sailor Moon musical of all things. It's... far, far, far better than it has any right being.

Suchomimus

DisneyManOne

I went to London myself two years ago, and I can say without a doubt, being able to finally see The Lion King and Hamilton on stage was just exhilarating!

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
Question of the Day: What is your favorite Disney Theatrical adaptation?

Tarzan is the only one I've actually seen. It's not perfect by any means and has some REALLY weird bits like the flower song, but I actually like what they did with it overall. I especially enjoyed how much more emotional depth they gave the main gorillas. The woman I had as my Kala was a classically trained Scottish actress and MY GOD did she emote when her baby gets killed in the beginning. Also that treehouse set is definitely up there in terms of on-stage set-pieces I've seen. My pick has gotta be Lion King though. While most of the others sans Hunchback mostly just aim to visually represent the movies in a more or less beat by beat way, the production design of The Lion King was a true game-changer for theater in general and is definitely on my bucket list of live performances I need to seek out. The closest thing I've done to seeing Lion King is when the I got to hang out with the San Francisco cast and show them around the gift store when they visited the Disney Family Museum.

DashHaber

I haven't really seen much of the Disney Theatrical productions in person (mostly listened to soundtracks), but I'll mention Newsies. I'm not really much of a fan of the original movie, and I feel the stage version definitely makes some solid tweaks.

DisneyManOne

Three-way tie between Beauty and the Beast (a beautiful adaptation of a beautiful film; plus, I was Lumiere in a production once, and it remains my absolute favorite role that I've ever done), The Lion King (like I said earlier, seeing it live was my favorite experience with live performances) and The Hunchback of Notre Dame (whether Lapine or Parnell, this production is absolutely gorgeous, striking the perfect balance between the underrated Disney film and the original Victor Hugo novel).

I was also Triton in a production of The Little Mermaid once, so I have a soft spot for that particular show, but I wouldn't call it my favorite.

PerGron

Question of the Day: What is your favorite Disney song from any medium?
Oh damn... I’ll list them instead

- Show Yourself (Frozen 2)
- Promise (Illuminations: Reflections of Earth)
- Happily Ever After (Happily Ever After)
- We Are One (Rivers of Light)
- Hapa Duiani (Used to be on Kilimanjaro Safaris)
- You’ve Got a Friend in Me (Toy Story)
- Festival of Fantasy (Festival of Fantasy Parade)
- All the Fantasmic Music

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom