So, You Want to be an Imagineer Season 18 HYPE THREAD!

Sharon&Susan

I love this weird era of Disneyland where every other ride was changed over to have some sort of corporate tie-in.
PeopleMover Thru The World of TRON
Motor Boats to Gummi Glenn etc.
Ever since DCA has opened, that duty has been relegated to that park!

Except for Little Patch of Heaven Big Thunder Ranch based on everyone's favorite movie:
1592435602832.png

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
Question of the day: In honor of the 10th anniversary of Toy Story 3, what's your all time favorite Toy Story moment?

I Will Go Sailing No More still takes the cake for me. While the entire last act of Toy Story 3 is pretty much a brutal assault on your emotions, there's something just so understated, tragic, and universal about "Sailing". It's the realization that life is far more bigger and complicated than your ambitions can contend with. It's the ultimate humbling moment in any Disney or Pixar movie. The fact that Pixar was able to craft THAT level of subtle emotion in their very first movie still blows my mind.

spacemt354

Chili's
Question of the day: In honor of the 10th anniversary of Toy Story 3, what's your all time favorite Toy Story moment?
Hard to pick one - but I think the one that has the most impact as I get older is the irony of Toy Story 2 when Buzz tells Woody that he is a toy. TS2 is my favorite and I just really appreciate how well it illustrated family ties and how important the connections are and how hard it can be trying to be loyal to two different 'families' For a 'kids' movie they made that feel so authentic and relatable which to me is impressive.

spacemt354

Chili's
Question of the Day
What is your favorite "land" experience at any park? The pulp adventure of Disneyland's Adventureland? The European fairytale village of Disneyland Paris's Fantasyland? Something else? Let's hear it.
So when people think of entrance lands they usually jump right to Main Street, but I think an underrated entrance is Hollywood Studios. The Hollywood Blvd-Sunset Blvd combo is some of the best time-piece imagineering in the parks and a lot of the enhancements they've made to the park have really kept true to that.
99bbdead26c0a4c77f69ea35d46b3a50.jpg

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Question of the Day
What is an area of armchair Imagineering you would like to master?
I want to get better at balance. I tend to either over detail or under detail stuff. Or over-prioritize one specific part I really care about and then phone in the rest. Balance is a key I want to work on.

Question of the Day: What is your favorite trippy/surreal Disney sequence

There's a lot of "better" answers, but I got to give Weirdmageddon's intro a shout out.

When Somebody Loved me is always such a beautiful scene. Emotional, explains everything you need to know about what makes Jessie a 3 dimensional character, and just fantastic. Also, shameless plug for any Steven Universe fans who also love When Somebody Loved me

Question of the Day
What is your favorite "land" experience at any park? The pulp adventure of Disneyland's Adventureland? The European fairytale village of Disneyland Paris's Fantasyland? Something else? Let's hear it.

Dinoland! The Chester and Hester part I feel is too big and overpowers it. But the charm and humor found in Dinoland USA is just great. Not mention how great it is at environmental storytelling and a unique set up.

Suchomimus

Question of the Day
Africa at AK is very lovely and gorgeously detailed, though I missed the opportunity to visit the expanded Harambe market.

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
Question of the day: What is the best live performance you've ever attended. It can be anything from a Broadway show or regional theater performance, a concert, or even just your favorite theme park show!

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
Question of the day: What is the best live performance you've ever attended. It can be anything from a Broadway show or regional theater performance, a concert, or even just your favorite theme park show!

A few stand-outs for me.

-Hamilton at the Pantages. Mostly for the bragging rights ;)

-Little Shop of Horrors at the Pasadena Playhouse. A rather controversial production that hit me in the right way. A lot more dark and gritty than most of the other Little Shop productions.

-Cabaret. Just...Cabaret. Saw it in a small local venue with a Broadway veteran playing the emcee. The whole theater was made to look like the Kit Kat Club inside and out.

-Piff the Magic Dragon. A class act. One part comedy, two parts magic, all awesome!

-Jeff Magum/Neutral Milk Hotel. Saw a Jeff solo about a year after he came out of a 15 stint of public isolation. That show might be the closest thing I've ever had to a "religious experience" because it was simply something I never thought I'd experience. About a year later I had the good fortune to attend the final Neutral Milk Hotel show.

As far as Disney goes, while I don't think anything beats Fantasmic in terms of sheer spectacle (especially 2.0 which I'll argue is all around a better show than the original with the ONE exception of having a weaker pirate ship scene) but I think my favorite show I've ever seen Disney do is Finding Nemo: The Musical. I absolutely adore puppetry and Nemo does something really ambitious with it. Some of those set pieces have such a WOW factor to them and I love how Big Blue World crosses over between two parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom