So, You Want to be an Imagineer Season 18 HYPE THREAD!

Outbound

OutboundTitle.png

TreatsOfTomorrow.png
So I had my go at crafting a detailed site. The presentation is meant to be immersive. That means nearly every button leads you somewhere that has absolutely nothing to do with my real project, Treats of Tomorrow, but does contribute to the hidden lore of the "blog". For those reviewing, I recommend heading to the main page and scrolling down to the most recent blog post.

That said, you could explore the other eight blog posts, or even click on the custom advertisements (they take you somewhere... interesting). Don't consider the other posts part of the project, though -- they have nothing to do with my proposal and I wouldn't want them to detract from my detail score. They are simply meant to upgrade the presentation's immersion.

And as always thanks for reading! :)

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
Weekly Challenge Three: A River Runs Through It
7162257591_d3eaab914b.jpg
dsc-6507.JPG

Ever since the opening of Disneyland, with its multiple rivers and waterways channeling into each other, water features are one thing that's always set the Disney Parks apart. Only getting more ambitious over the years with a whole theme park based around water in DisneySea and Imagineering alien fish and plantlife to populate the day-glo shores of Pandora's rivers. Your project this round is simple...WITHOUT creating an attraction to go along with it, you must design a brand new water feature in an existing Disney park. This water feature can either be designed from the ground up to become part of the scenery (see the recent Disneyland Railroad river tressle), a new waterfall on an existing attraction, or even just some running water in a previous dead area of the land. Fountains can also be included in this. Good luck players, this project is due Friday, May 15th at 11:59PM Eastern/8:59PM Pacific.

NigelChanning

dsc-6507.JPG

Ever since the opening of Disneyland, with its multiple rivers and waterways channeling into each other, water features are one thing that's always set the Disney Parks apart. Only getting more ambitious over the years with a whole theme park based around water in DisneySea and Imagineering alien fish and plantlife to populate the day-glo shores of Pandora's rivers. Your project this round is simple...WITHOUT creating an attraction to go along with it, you must design a brand new water feature in an existing Disney park. This water feature can either be designed from the ground up to become part of the scenery (see the recent Disneyland Railroad river tressle), a new waterfall on an existing attraction, or even just some running water in a previous dead area of the land. Fountains can also be included in this. Good luck players, this project is due Friday, May 15th at 11:59PM Eastern/8:59PM Pacific.
If we were to do a fountain, would we be allowed to include a statue as part of the water feature?

Outbound

dsc-6507.JPG

Does it have to be an existing Disney park? I know its in the prompt but I have a non-disney idea and was curious.

Tux

TUX REVIEWS: FOOD EDITION (PART 2)

@Basketbuddy101 's Little Appleseed Pie Company

The amount of detail, care, and overall work you put into this attraction is extremely impressive, and it feels like it would be right at home at Liberty Square! The amount of Backstory that went into this food cart alone is also extremely impressive as there's an entire plotline for it and it alone. I also liked how it made reference to Johnny Appleseed, and his association with bringing apples to the USA. Also, the writing almost has a rhythm to it as it paces back and forth between the slides. I liked how you supplied us with a visual reference of the cart, and the treats sound extremely delicious!

Creativity - 9/10
Detail - 10/10
Realism - 9/10
Presentation - 10/10
TOTAL SCORE: 38/40

@Outbound 's Treats Of Tomorrow
A food cart that allows you to create your own treat sounds like an absolutely fantastic, creative, and all around great idea for a stand! I can see it being extremely popular, and the treats being on par in terms of being iconic with the Dole Whips. That being said, the idea itself feels more fit for a larger venue rather than a stand because I can see it being very crowded, and it'll allow more space for the TOV Units and their mechanics, although I do love the idea of them, their functions, and how they could essentially be the Orange Bird of Tomorrowland.

Creativity - 10/10
Detail - 10/10
Realism - 8/10
Presentation - 9/10
TOTAL SCORE: 37/40​

NateD1226

NateD1226's Reviews (PART 2)

@Basketbuddy101 - Little Appleseed Pie Company

I love pie and have always wanted to see a pie cart at Disney so I was thrilled to see this. Everything looked great and sounded great. My only nitpick is on the presentation. The font bothered me a little since it was a little hard to read. But overall amazing work.
Creativity: 10/10
Detail: 10/10
Realism: 9/10
Presentation: 9/10
Total: 38/40

@Outbound - Treats of Tomorrow
Wow! What a neat presentation. I loved clicking on all the tabs and seeing where it would take me. Your project was very unique and fun. The idea of making your own rice krispie at touch screen stations was neat and kinda unexpected. I am note sure Disney would make something like this but it was still fun to read. Amazing work!
Creativity: 10/10
Detail: 10/10
Realism: 8/10
Presentation: 10/10
Total: 38/40​

mickeyfan5534

Reviews Part 3
@Basketbuddy101
Pie is both out there and makes so much sense for Liberty Square. I really like the idea and additionally by tying it into a classic American fairytale with Johnny Appleseed, you've tied it to the subtle realistic fantasy that Liberty Square thrives on.

Creativity: 9/10 - As I said before, you've tied an American fairytale into the cart. I think this would be a 10/10 if it were a totally original backstory but as it is, you did such a good job at taking the Johnny Appleseed story and extending it to the cart for it to make sense.
Detail: 10/10 - I think you were just on the right side of the line of a perfect amount of detail and too much detail. The mockups and concept art were just absolutely killer. I genuinely hope you keep up with it here.
Realism: 9/10 - I think the only thing keeping this from a 10 for me was the location. I feel like the position of the cart right in front of the Riverboat Landing would create a really bad bottleneck.
Presentation: 9/10 - I think this presentation was simply perfect for a Google Slides presentation. The Liberty Belle-style narration made this for me.
Total: 37/40

@Outbound
First thing's first, massive kudos for the website. You went above and beyond in a way that really showed how creative a simple project like this can be.
Creativity: 10/10 - The snack was smart, the cart was smart, the website was smart, everything about this: smart. I can only give you kudos.
Detail: 10/10 - The site reads like a satire of your typical Disney Parks fan blog: grammatical errors, weird ad placement (I was genuinely cackling at the Fozzie trailer), the works. Despite that, the detail on the actual cart and snack was really well integrated.
Realism: 8/10 - The only thing I could reasonably knock you down in points, the make-your-own-snack being just in a cart feels almost wrong. This plus the PUSH-type robots really could have anchored an entire new quick service, not just a snack stand.
Presentation: 10/10 - You went above and beyond here. I loved the shout outs to other projects like Mumbai Disneyland. This was a clear labor of love and the bar has been set for outstanding presentation.
Total: 38/40

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
Podcast is happening at 8PM Eastern/5PM Pacific!

Delayed QotD
Who is your favorite character across the entirety of Disney (including Pixar, Lucasfilm, and Star Wars) and why?

I've got a soft spot for Donald. I love how versatile he is as a character. You can laugh at him and feel sorry for him in the same scene. That and I adore his history, from being a legit star in the comic book scene to his FASCINATING WWII stint. Mickey is far too perfect to be a real "everyman". Donald is the more realistic "everyman" character. So happy he's finally getting a lot to do on DuckTales!

spacemt354

Chili's
Delayed QotD
Who is your favorite character across the entirety of Disney (including Pixar, Lucasfilm, and Star Wars) and why?
R2D2 - the only character to see and remember the entire Skywalker saga.

Was disappointed with his treatment in the sequels because he was essentially stuffed in the corner in Episode VII. People forget how important a character he is to the entire saga, he saw everything unfold.

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
For me, it’s Hondo Ohnaka. I’ve yet to actually see Galaxy’s Edge so I haven’t rode Smuggler’s Run yet, but knowing Hondo is the host of the ride already puts it at A tier for me

On my last Disneyland trip which was the biggest group trip I've ever taken (at one point we had a group of myself, Monkey, Jacob Wile, Doug, and @MANEATINGWREATH all filling up the Falcon) Hondo became a HUGE running gag between Jacob, Monkey and I. Especially the line "I see some of you have flown with me BEFORE!" We cracked up at the way Jim Cummings emphasizes "BEFORE!" and incorporated it into pretty much any conversation.

"I've stood in this queue BEFORE!"
"I've had this dole whip BEFORE!"
"I've used this restroom BEFORE!"

Rinse and repeat.

On my last Florida trip, the running gag between Monkey and I was based on the line "And look, she's a mum!" on Hagrid's. Every time we passed by a character who was a mother (Marge Simpson, mother from Cat in the Hat etc.) we'd loudly exclaim "And look, she's a MUM!"

God I love theme park running jokes.

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
R2D2 - the only character to see and remember the entire Skywalker saga.

Was disappointed with his treatment in the sequels because he was essentially stuffed in the corner in Episode VII. People forget how important a character he is to the entire saga, he saw everything unfold.

He absolutely should have been a part of the main adventure in Rise of Skywalker instead of them cranking out Merchandise-able droid #72, whatever the hell his name was. Having R2 NOT present during the C3PO memory wipe scene was a slap in the face. That being said, R2 is involved in one of my favorite moments in all of the sequel trilogy. The Leia hologram callback.

"That was a cheap move".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom