So, You Want to be an Imagineer Season 18 HYPE THREAD!

mickeyfan5534

Reviews Part 1
@Pufflefan
I like this. I really do. But I think that it needs a lot more. You were the first person to post but you really shouldn't have been. It needed a bit more time in the oven and the lack of detail on the cart itself is a big example of why that time to cook was needed.

Creativity: 7/10 - It feels like a logical and obvious choice in Paris and for a Beauty and the Beast-themed snack. Points for doing a black forest kind of flavor which feels... correct for lack of a better adjective.
Detail: 6/10 - I need a lot more on the cart. You went all-in on the snack to the cart's detriment.
Realism: 7/10 - I can see this being a Disneyland Paris snack. The Black Forest cake kind of flavor feels correct for this snack and the varieties feel like they'd be in there. Additional props for the alcoholic option since yes, that is something Disneyland Paris has.
Presentation: 7/10 - Some grammar errors that need to be fixed but it’s elevated by original art. Again with the color thing I’m 22 but I have the eyes of an old man and it took me time to figure out what that first picture was.
Total: 27/40

@NigelChanning09
Oh. My. God. This is such a huge step up from last week. You took our criticism from last week and ran with it, fixing your issues from last week and really honing in on a lot of things

Creativity: 7/10 - Muppet Mobile Labs is an awesome, really clever idea that fits the Muppets like a glove and I really love that you extended that theme here but... you extended a pre-existing Muppet theme. You added a bit to it, but it's still a pre-existing theme.
Detail: 8/10 - This is such an improvement from last week that I have to applaud you for it. There's only more room to grow from here.
Realism: 8/10 - The AA Beaker and smoke effects knocked this down a bit for me but overall, I think this would really work. I can see it right there in the Muppet Courtyard.
Presentation: 9/10 - Especially for the first try at a Google Doc, this is really great. Everything is formatted lovely and I appreciated the concept image.
Total: 32/40

@DashHaber
So much could have been done wrong here but you pulled it off with aplomb so I can only applaud you the project. The mix of cart and snack was so perfect here I really can't praise you enough for this.

Creativity: 10/10 - I love me a backstory and this one fits perfectly into Frontierland while also adding to the lore of the land as a whole.
Detail: 9/10 - Honestly, give me a general location for this cart and this would be an automatic 10.
Realism: 10/10 - I can see something like this happening from the cart to the snack.
Presentation: 8/10 - A simple, well-formatted forum post is all we need sometimes and you did it well. I'd like to see you try and expand
Total: 37/40

@ThatGuyFromFlorida
I found A LOT here to compare with DashHaber. You both did something similar by bringing in an interesting backstory to the stand and how it added to the land's lore. They both really flesh out their respective land in a small but very concrete way that doesn't necessarily tie the entire land together but really adds depth to it.

Creativity: 10/10 - Like I said for DashHaber, I love me a backstory and this one fits really well into Tomorrowland just like DashHaber fit their's into Frontierland.
Detail: 8/10 - I can nicely envision everything made for this project. I would have liked a bit of description on the stand about little details
Realism: 8/10 - Fits the land really well. I think the only thing that knocked this down a point or two was the number of snack stands already in Tomorrowland.
Presentation: 8/10 - Like I said before, a nicely formatted forum post is a nicely formatted forum post.
Total: 34/40

Everyone else will be up tomorrow/later today.

spacemt354

Chili's
QotD: What’s your favorite weird thing to do in the parks? The kind of thing that people give you looks for when you tell them you love it.
I like the smell of certain locations - the musty water smell of Pirates/small world; the Space Mountain queue also has a distinct smell; as well as some of the hotels. In fact I have an at-home candle that has the scent of the Yacht and Beach Club

mickeyfan5534

@Pi on my Cake

The snack sounds delicious. I really could have used a bit more on the cart (a mockup would have fit your presentation wonderfully) but overall, I have to give due credit for the unique presentation style that sticks out in a really good way.

Creativity: 7/10 - Sounds about right for an AK Asia snack stand. The IP tie in is there but it's decently integrated.
Detail: 7/10 - Not much on the stand but I appreciate the recipe (fitting your presentation style) and that elevated it in the detail department.
Realism: 8/10 - Maybe it's the IP tie in that elevated this but for some reason, I see it vividly
Presentation: 10/10 - This project's saving grace was a very unique and clever presentation. It's not a website but a website wasn't needed for a snack stand and snack. Writing it as a Parks Blog post was a revelation.
Total: 32/40

@orlando678-
I love this. I love this. I love this. The Emperor's New Groove is an underrated and underutilized IP both in reality and in Armchair Imagineering and I really love how you went and still did something different with the concept.
Creativity: 9/10 - There's an IP attachment but it's so trivial it barely matters. You took the Mudka's story and expanded it to the setting of Lost River Delta and where it could feel shoehorned in, you did it so well that I can't not adore it.
Detail: 10/10 - Detail here was absolutely perfect. Everything I wanted to see and know about this stand and more.
Realism: 7/10 - This is the only place I really have to knock you down some points. Much as I love it, the Lucky llama needs A LOT of extra room for its power which I think is my biggest issue. Think about Lucky the Dinosaur:

He had that flower cart for a reason. And maybe tech has advanced to the point where it could be possible to do the llama but overall, this is the one part you lost me at to my sadness.
Presentation: 8/10 - A simple Google Slides but it's one that is well constructed and everything I need right there.
Total: 34/40

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
QotD: What’s your favorite weird thing to do in the parks? The kind of thing that people give you looks for when you tell them you love it.

Marathoning the Carousel of Progress or Country Bears. My last two trips I've done both at least twice in a row at certain points. Country Bears is especially fun to do multiple times because the crowds tend to get really into it.

spacemt354

Chili's

I updated Seasons 15, 16, and 17 - will hold on for 18 but just looking at the last few seasons the casts compared to this upcoming season are so varied with a mix of veterans, really great to see!

CookieMouse

Not Really enough to get looks, but i have an unhealthy obsession with space mountain. it has a lot of significance to my early childhood. also, i hated anything fairy tale related (save for Winnie the pooh, and peter pan.) when i was little. i especially had a irrational hatred for snow white (too girly, i guess?) so one time i was presented with an opportunity to ride on snow whites scary adventures, and i turned it down. the next year i went, and my irrational hatred was lessened, and i was ready to ride, but i found out they closed snow white. (this was in 2012.) also, i hated Shrek. i know, but i watched it later on and enjoyed it.

NigelChanning

I love how you can still see the old school Superstar Limo facade in this.
1A1D4B82-7021-4491-AD1F-D5005533A988.jpeg
(Shudders*)

NigelChanning

I really enjoy the characters at the parks. I’m a big fan of the character experience. I typically try and engage with the characters rather than just taking a picture and leaving. This not only improves my experience but I imagine the characters enjoy it too since they were hired based on their interaction skills. I’m managed to have some great character moments whether it’s talking to Max about PowerLine or Scrooge about adventure, it really makes a difference. I never take too long with the characters however, I’ve seen people take up to 15 minutes. Overall, it probably seems weird to people but I enjoy it!

mickeyfan5534

I really enjoy the characters at the parks. I’m a big fan of the character experience. I typically try and engage with the characters rather than just taking a picture and leaving. This not only improves my experience but I imagine the characters enjoy it too since they were hired based on their interaction skills. I’m managed to have some great character moments whether it’s talking to Max about PowerLine or Scrooge about adventure, it really makes a difference. I never take too long with the characters however, I’ve seen people take up to 15 minutes. Overall, it probably seems weird to people but I enjoy it!
IMO characters are part of what makes the parks work. They add a really specific atmosphere that other theme parks don't have.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom