So, You Want to be an Imagineer Season 18 HYPE THREAD!

CookieMouse

There are plenty of better looking pieces of animation than this, but this always makes me choke up.
View attachment 468564
Just seeing him waving goodbye, is beautiful, like parting with a long time friend, which is exactly what this is. It feels so real, especially if you grew up with the show like i did. That combined with the music at the end makes for a bittersweet finale.
Here it is in action:

phineas and ferb is a very smart show. its even better the older you get, because you can appreciate the genius character development and how the formulaic nature of the show adds to it rather than taking away from it. not to mention pretty mature humor, without being juvenile, something that even so called “adult” cartoons like family guy or Rick and morty can’t even achieve, even with a more flexible age rating.

Last edited:

NigelChanning

Here it is in action:

phineas and ferb is a very smart show. its even better the older you get, because you can appreciate the genius character development and how the formulaic nature of the show adds to it rather than taking away from it. not to mention pretty mature humor, without being juvenile, something that even so called “adult” cartoons like family guy or Rick and morty can’t even achieve, even with a more flexible age rating.

You’re seriously going to make me cry 😭

Phineas and Ferb was a genius show that even managed to make the villain one of the most complex characters in the show. Not to mention moments like these that make the show hilarious
622A519E-6231-4909-A715-0B54F9364C2C.jpeg

NateD1226

NateD1226’s Reviews (PART 1)

@Pufflefan - The Royal Rose
I was a little underwhelmed with this writeup. I felt like it needed a little more. The snack and art were great but the snack cart felt forgotten even though it was stated to talk about the car in the prompt. Nevertheless, the snack was good and I would totally try it.
Creativity: 7/10
Detail: 6/10
Realism: 8/10
Presentation: 7/10
Total: 28/40

@NigelChanning09 - Muppet Snack Lab
Wow! What a step up from last week! This felt complete and thought out. The concept art was very fun and the cart was very detailed. The snack sounded delicious and I would definitely buy both of them. Overall, amazing work!
Creativity: 9/10
Detail: 8/10
Presentation: 9/10
Total: 34/40

@DashHaber - Dr. Hogwash’s Mineral Meals
This was such a fun and very original idea. The idea of lemon and pop rocks is very unique and very interesting. The cart looks amazing and I love how it has its own little story. Overall, great idea and amazing work.
Total: 32/40

@ThatGuyFromFlorida - Serarian Sweets N Cosmic Treats
Very fun project! The story was nice and interesting. The snacks looked fun and I can just imagine what they would taste like. Although, maybe just a bit more detail about the cart would be nice just to get more of an idea of what it might look like.
Total: 32/40

@Pi on my Cake - Baloo's Stuffed Samosa Curry Buns at Zaroorat Eats!
This project was so fun to read! The presentation was amazing and I love the little elements added like the comment section. The treat was nice and very unique as i don’t recall Disney doing such a thing before. Minor nitpick but maybe a picture of the cart but overall amazing work!
Creativity: 10/10
Detail: 9/10
Total: 36/40

@orlando678- - Mudka’s Meat Cart
The loads of detail in this project was tremendous. Who knew a food cart could have such a large story. The food looks great and the Emperor's New Groove theme is fun. I love how the llama is an AA and can do all sorts of movement. Overall, amazing work.
Detail: 10/10
Total: 38/40​

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
@Pufflefan this project feels a bit incomplete to tell you the truth, and is a good example of a pitfall you can get into writing something up too early. That being said I do like some stuff about it. Props for the artwork even if the formatting is a little out of whack because of the placement haha. I like the idea of the theme of Be Our Guest being transported into a single cart, but you don't really go into a ton of detail about how that's translated. The description of the rose treat was good, but I don't really think it's something with that broad of an appeal. I appreciate the enthusiasm but this project could have really used at least another paragraph or two to help flesh it out.

Realism: 9/10
Detail: 5/10
Presentation: 7/10 (would have been an 8 had it not been for the image placement)
Total: 28/40

@NigelChanning09 I can already tell you're going to be a big character in this cast. For as rushed as your first project was, some times it takes players a whole season to get to the level where your next project is at. It's very clear that you have a passion for Imagineering and want to do everything you can to improve, so I'm really excited for you to play in the proper game! As for the project itself, I'm not going to give it over the top creativity just because the concept is so similar to Muppet Mobile Labs, but every category in general is just greatly improved from your last outing. Lots of detail, really pleasing and well laid out presentation, a realistic concept with creative potential in the menu. I'm pleasantly shocked to see so much improvement from you so fast!

Total: 33/40

@DashHaber another big step up from your first project! I love how well thought out the backstory of this is. It's definitely a great example of the "Snackstory" of it all I was going for. I'm not a fan of pop rocks in the slightest and think the menu might need some work in that regard but that might just be my childhood trauma for the stuff showing. I very much get a Knott's vibe from the concept though, so that's where the project really shines. You definitely have a unique voice when it comes to backstories.

Total: 35/40

@ThatGuyFromFlorida again, what's with the Pop Rocks love haha. If pop rocks become the latest theme park fad food, I'm going to go crazy :p That being said I do really like the idea of it being a Tomorrowland alien creation. For some reason I find that theme a bit more appropriate than the "dynamite in your mouth" idea haha. Again, I wish a non-pop rocks version of this snack were available because outside of that ick factor for me the snack does sound pretty fun to eat. We definitely could use some more detail on this though, especially when it comes to the actual stand. Is that Animal Crossing you used for the picture? Also I l definitely got a bit of a Spies in Disguise vibe from the backstory, so props for that haha.

Creativity: 8/10
Detail: 6/10
Presentation: 8/10
Total: 30/40

@Pi on my Cake another fantastic project! While the food isn't something that would fit my pallet, I do see it very much appealing to the Epcot festival crowd in general. Out of all the menu items I've read so far this one might tow the best line between being creative and being realistic (and actually edible unlike the pop rocks :p ) Tailspin Baloo is also a really interesting choice to theme this around, but with all the hype around DuckTales creating a potential Disney Afternoon Cinematic Universe of sorts it's not as unfeasible as it would be pre-DuckTales. The website...I mean what can I say. It's such a fun read. The comment section is hilarious and a great amalgamation of the varied opinions of fan boards.

Total: 38/40

@orlando678- you're definitely proving yourself as a player to be reckoned with. I'm not going to go super high on creativity just because of the IP factor, but MAN the detail of the stand is just off the charts. So much backstory! I mean with the Haunted Chateaux I get it, but this is just freakish for a snack stand haha. As for the menu, it's fantastic! I'd say it's even better than Pi's offerings just because it toes the line between exotic and comfort food. The blue cheese bites might be my single most wanted menu item from this round of projects. With that being said I have to point out for other players that I encourage you to focus on one menu item. I'm not going to mark you down for this, but it really does feel more like a quick service menu than a snack menu. Incredibly clever with the backstory, and the menu itself is a good one, but out of the projects I've reviewed it goes the most outside the lines of the singular snack requirement.

Creativity: 8/10
Detail: 10/10
Total: 38/40

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
@Pi on my Cake another fantastic project! While the food isn't something that would fit my pallet, I do see it very much appealing to the Epcot festival crowd in general. Out of all the menu items I've read so far this one might tow the best line between being creative and being realistic (and actually edible unlike the pop rocks :p ) Tailspin Baloo is also a really interesting choice to theme this around, but with all the hype around DuckTales creating a potential Disney Afternoon Cinematic Universe of sorts it's not as unfeasible as it would be pre-DuckTales. The website...I mean what can I say. It's such a fun read. The comment section is hilarious and a great amalgamation of the varied opinions of fan boards.

Sorry for confusion, I didn't mean any Ducktales/Tailspin reference. Just plain old fashioned Jungle Book Baloo

Last edited:

Tux

TUX'S REVIEWS: FOOD ADDITION (PT 1?)
@Pufflefan 's The Royal Rose

Knowing what you're typically capable of, I'm not going to lie, this was kind of disappointing when it came to describing the cart, which was a major part of the prompt. However, the art and aesthetic is still very pretty and the snack sounds delicious!

Creativity - 8/10
Detail - 6/10
Realism - 7/10
Presentation - 8/10
TOTAL SCORE - 29/40
So far, I have to say that I'm proud on how much you've improved in one minor prompt alone! You have serious potential here! I love the idea of a Muppet's themed cart and although while I agree with Tiki that it is quite similar to the Muppet's Labs, maybe a tad too bit, but, I would have to say I think the two could go well hand in hand together! I will say, I would definitely be excited if your idea did come to the parks.

Creativity - 9/10
Detail - 8/10
Realism - 9/10
Presentation - 9/10
TOTAL SCORE - 35/40
This is one of the few projects here that has an indepth backstory and is entirely original! Great job! I loved how creative the entire project was, with everything, including the snacks tying back into the western theme! I actually wish this was in the park for real now. Keep up the good work with the backstory and the theming because so far it's amazing on how detailed it goes!

Creativity - 10/10
Detail - 8/10
Realism - 9/10
Presentation - 9/10
TOTAL SCORE - 36/40
Similarly to @DashHaber 's entry for the prompt, this particular cart is themed to it's enviroment surrounding it and is complete with it's own backstory which seems very interesting. Although the two seem very similar, the two have enough seperating the two from another to be considered unique. While I do wish the cart was properly described better, I do love the menu you came up with along with the concept art!

Creativity - 10/10
Detail - 9/10
Realism - 9/10
Presentation - 8/10
TOTAL SCORE - 36/40
I loved how creative the presentation was for this particular project! It felt like I was reading out of an actual newspaper snippet anouncing it's debut. Also the mention of the recipe for the snack in this project almost instantly makes me want to give it bonus points! Also, the snack sounds absolutely delicious and makes me wish I could go out to try it!

Creativity - 9/10
Detail - 9/10
Realism - 9/10
Presentation - 9/10
TOTAL SCORE - 36/40
Easily the most detailed project of them all, this project explains the expansion, goes into detail on why the cart belongs there in universe, describes the cart, and goes in depth with a very detailed menu, in which I actually disagree with the idea of ot feeling more like a quick service restaurant, but I can see why one would have that opinion. The presentation reminded me of those coming soon transitions on DVDs or something out of the early 2000s in which it was the time when the movie would be coming out, which I thought was a very nice touch.

Creativity - 9/10
Detail - 10/10
Realism - 9/10
Presentation - 9/10
TOTAL SCORE - 37/40

JokersWild

Dole whip is the answer, but last October on my first Halloween time visit to wdw, I was downing chocolate and candy cone flavored rice Krispy treats left and right.
Ooh the Halloween party food this year was miles better than last year. They were all really great.

I usually go for more liquid snacks at WDW. I really enjoy the blue/ green milk, Dole Whips of course are a classic, and Westward Ho! in Frontierland has really great milkshakes now. Those would probably be my go to snack in the parks.

Also POFQ beignets are amazing.

NigelChanning

Ooh the Halloween party food this year was miles better than last year. They were all really great.

I usually go for more liquid snacks at WDW. I really enjoy the blue/ green milk, Dole Whips of course are a classic, and Westward Ho! in Frontierland has really great milkshakes now. Those would probably be my go to snack in the parks.

Also POFQ beignets are amazing.
I tried an awesome Pumpkin Spice Milkshake in Tomorrowland last year so I’m going to go with that.

D Hulk

QotD: Fitting into this weeks theme: What is your favorite snack in the parks?
Tokyo DisneySea’s Gyoza Dog, which I usually enjoy with a certain liquid snack ;) to go with it.

Gyoza-Dog.jpg

Tokyo is a snack paradise. Other unique snacks they alone offer include the green alien mochi, the Donald’s butt shrimp buns, the stuffed Chandu tail (it might’ve been discontinued:cry:) and of course the unique flavored popcorns everywhere!​

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom