So, You Want to be an Imagineer Season 18 HYPE THREAD!

CookieMouse

Serarian Sweets N Cosmic Treats
View attachment 468401
Located in Tomorrowland
Backstory:

Long ago, back in the year of 2020, while the citizens of earth were facing the Coronavirus, another far more advanced civilization in a distant galaxy was also facing hardships, only they had it worse. The serarian’s home planet of seraria had been destroyed in the midst of a intergalactic war. Luckily, they had mastered space travel, so they were able to survive. However, things weren’t all good. Many serarians were unsuccessful in finding jobs on their new planets, with them being forced to live in squalor. Others were able to thrive, such as one Edo Serquak and his family. Edo wasn’t a very wealthy person back when his home planet was still around. In fact, he was barely in the middle class. When the planet was destroyed and the family had arrived on earth, the year was 2071, and earth had become a bustling spaceport.
View attachment 468385
Wanting to share their planet’s cuisine with the people of earth, they created a small business specializing in deserts, using the old family spaceship as a makeshift food cart. To their excitement, it was an astounding success, and their small little food cart quickly became one of the most popular spots in all of Tomorrowland!

Cosmic Creme Puff
View attachment 468386
Imagine this picture but the outside is blue and covered with pop rocks.

A Blue Creme Puff With White Creme filling and encrusted with blue raspberry popping candy. Outside Is berry flavored.

The Tomorrowlander
View attachment 468391
Your choice of soda combined with either sweet or unsweetened tea.

Galaxy Cookie
View attachment 468394

Same kinda style as this cookie

A sugar cookie with chocolate frosting that is colored to look like a galaxy. Rumor Has it that they are actually miniature galaxies, but who cares as long as they get to enjoy this out of this world treat!?

Coca Cola Products

Bottled Water
What do you think of this?

mickeyfan5534

Happy to see so many posting the weekly challenge early! I'll start reviewing them in written form tomorrow, so keep sending them in if you want a written review. I usually do two waves of written reviews before the podcast so as long as you post by the deadline this time around you should get some text feedback from me. We'll be doing the podcast this Saturday to avoid any last minute postings being skipped over like what happened with Pi last time. Just an early kink to easily iron out.
I'll be doing the same here for this first chunk of challenges.

I will say this, I'm really pleased with what's come so far.

Suchomimus

QotD: What’s your favorite piece of animation (purely animation, ignoring dialogue, music, song, any of that) in any film?
From The Prince of Egypt;
8oCA.gif

From Fantastia;
4e5456-20151113-fantasia-ave-maria.jpg
From Fantasia 2000;
1afe0f4c86aa78619c922080389fb66a.gif

And from Fantastic Mr. Fox;
img.jpg

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
Reading through the projects. I won't take any points away for this because my all means they're implemented in creative ways, but what's with this love of Pop Rocks 🤣 I get that it adds a good gimmick, but personally I'll never eat the stuff after having a really bad experience digesting them when I was a kid.

I'm going to throw out a question of the day. What's your dream IP to work with this season, both Disney and non-Disney.

NigelChanning

Reading through the projects. I won't take any points away for this because my all means they're implemented in creative ways, but what's with this love of Pop Rocks 🤣 I get that it adds a good gimmick, but personally I'll never eat the stuff after having a really bad experience digesting them when I was a kid.

I'm going to throw out a question of the day. What's your dream IP to work with this season, both Disney and non-Disney.
I’ll honestly work with any Disney IP but I think it would be really fun to work with something like a DreamWorks, Nintendo, or Nickelodeon IP.

CookieMouse

Phineas And Ferb, definitely. im an expert about that series. grew up on it.

DashHaber

Oh, Disney is hard. Plenty of good IP, but I'll go with DuckTales. Such a good franchise, and kinda shocking there's been really nothing done with it.

As for non-Disney, easily Nintendo. I've mentioned before, but you could probably make an entire park based around Nintendo IP easily.

CookieMouse

QotD: What’s your favorite piece of animation (purely animation, ignoring dialogue, music, song, any of that) in any film?
There are plenty of better looking pieces of animation than this, but this always makes me choke up.
tumblr_noy1ek8cRB1tjzo0no1_1280.jpg

Just seeing him waving goodbye, is beautiful, like parting with a long time friend, which is exactly what this is. It feels so real, especially if you grew up with the show like i did. That combined with the music at the end makes for a bittersweet finale.

NigelChanning

There are plenty of better looking pieces of animation than this, but this always makes me choke up.
View attachment 468564
Just seeing him waving goodbye, is beautiful, like parting with a long time friend, which is exactly what this is. It feels so real, especially if you grew up with the show like i did. That combined with the music at the end makes for a bittersweet finale.
Not to mention this show has probably the best soundtrack of any cartoon. The theme song alone should have won a Grammy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom