So, You Want to be an Imagineer Season 13: Get a Clue (Discussion Thread)

Suchomimus

Holy ****, please not the earrings! :jawdrop::cry:
I can confirm that those are the names I heard. Rohde and Fitzgerald. I'm still holding out hope that my source was wrong.
59113624.jpg

DinoInstitute

I don't know why I impulsively liked that :grumpy:

Rohde? What are they smokingo_O
As someone said in the layoffs thread, Rohde is essentially the unofficial face of WDI. You cannot lose him. And now, I'm worried DAK is doomed to be another IP park.

It's all really weird. I hope it's not true. But I fear it is; it makes sense given how the Bobs are acting these days.

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
So this is interesting...

I've heard mixed things about the Six Flags VR but am really intrigued to try it out. Ironically though they added it to what is definitively the park's WORST coaster, an off the shelf Vekoma Suspended Looping Coaster. It's double the irony considering in the video description they say the VR is coming to the park's "looping floorless coaster" which would ACTUALLY be Medusa which is right next door to Kong and would be such a better fit for VR given its track is more than double the length of Kong. Still fairly excited to try it out though. On the opening day of Joker the cast members were hinting at something special coming to that ride for Fright Fest. I'm crossing my fingers for backwards on that which would be mind-bending!

spacemt354

Chili's
Anyone get a chance to see Suicide Squad yet? I saw it last night and honestly was close to loving it! It's far and away the best of the DC Extended Universe movies so far and makes the Snyder Superman movies look embarrassing by comparison. Lots of great style, loved how the Squad was introduced in the comic book panel format. Leto's Joker is basically the Hannibal Lecter of the film. Not in it for that long but definitely makes a huge impression. Margo Robbie was fantastic and not as much of a Tara Strong imitation as I was hearing it would be. Probably the most surprising character was Rick Flag who I thought I wouldn't like based on the actor's performance from the trailers but he ended up being the emotional core of the movie to a certain extent, along with Deadshot and the storyline with his father of course.

All in all, the thing feels like one giant live action episode of Batman: The Animated Series especially with how Joker comes into the plot and interacts with Harley. Amanda Waller is an amazing "personal antagonist" while the actual villain was a surprise I didn't see coming. Only nitpick is that Katana seemed pretty much worthless and I would have loved to have seen more from Boomerang and Killer Crock who were both pulled off really well but given very limited screen time. This isn't a Guardians of the Galaxy level LOVE for me, but it's so freaking encouraging to enjoy a DC movie this much after that OTHER movie we got this year.
Unfortunately this one really didn't work for me :( i was left pretty disappointed. Probably 6/10 being generous. From the plot (which there hardly was any) to just poor use of characters, imo. The best was Deadshot and El Diablo for me. But Harley got really annoying and the Joker was very underutilized for me.

Slight spoiler, but it would have made 10x more sense if the Joker was the main villain...it would have given Harley more of a role instead of just eye candy for nerds (except me, I hate when that happens :p) and it would have given the Joker more of a role instead of just popping up here and there.

Most of the characters were great, but felt rushed, and the plot was meh for me. I preferred BvS ultimate edition but there are some things to like in this. :bookworm:

RMichael21

@Voxel @Flippin'Flounder @IDInstitute The DLR version of this Mickey attraction is planned for the backlot in DCA, not Toontown. I've been following the DL Forum quite religiously ever since SWL was announced, there's a bunch of great threads over there.

Well here's an update on Rohde's latest project ...coming along!
20160804_192727_zpsz9jfcxtm.jpg
In person, it's quite impressive, right? But, driving past it backstage was surreal, because the pictures only show 25% of the rock work, which are really the only portions that are currently finished (as of 2 weeks ago). Some places don't even have concrete on the mesh yet.

spacemt354

Chili's
@Voxel @Flippin'Flounder @IDInstitute The DLR version of this Mickey attraction is planned for the backlot in DCA, not Toontown. I've been following the DL Forum quite religiously ever since SWL was announced, there's a bunch of great threads over there.

In person, it's quite impressive, right? But, driving past it backstage was surreal, because the pictures only show 25% of the rock work, which are really the only portions that are currently finished (as of 2 weeks ago). Some places don't even have concrete on the mesh yet.
Will definitely be something special when it opens (IP aside)

It is pretty cool in person!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom