So, You Want to be an Imagineer Season 13: Get a Clue (Discussion Thread)

DinoInstitute

Ah I'll have to remember that! Thank you!

We've just driven in for an hour or so while we are in the area, we don't start on property till next week.

I feel like a local, it's weird. I could get used to this :p
When I was there at night for a couple hours, as we were walking into the park there were literally streams of people leaving :p So we went over to the little annex pathway that's going to lead to Avatar (where Tiffins is) to get away from the crowds, and just started looking around and found this spot :p

Sounds like tis gonna be a fun trip! :D Where are you staying?

School starts the 15th for me...thinking of heading up for a day or so sometime next week before I get too busy. Maybe I'll run into you :p

spacemt354

Chili's
When I was there at night for a couple hours, as we were walking into the park there were literally streams of people leaving :p So we went over to the little annex pathway that's going to lead to Avatar (where Tiffins is) to get away from the crowds, and just started looking around and found this spot :p

Sounds like tis gonna be a fun trip! :D Where are you staying?

School starts the 15th for me...thinking of heading up for a day or so sometime next week before I get too busy. Maybe I'll run into you :p
Ah short summer for you :p

We are going to the beach club! Tis one of my favorites :D and maybe haha!

DinoInstitute

Ah short summer for you :p

We are going to the beach club! Tis one of my favorites :D and maybe haha!
Finish up in May though, so not bad:cool:

I've never stayed at the beach club...though just about every big vacation we've tried and couldn't get a room:hilarious: But we've been to the Bordwalk a few times (which is my second favorite resort after bay lake!), so I've been to the Beach Club for dinner and to check it out, stuff like that.

tcool123

It's all really weird. I hope it's not true. But I fear it is; it makes sense given how the Bobs are acting these days.

The-Hunger-Games-gifs-the-hunger-games-30195325-500-211.gif

Only plausible answer :rolleyes::arghh::banghead:

Correct me if I am wrong. I thought backlot DCA was marvel!?
I thought it was replacing bugs land/backstage behind GOTG.

Flippin'Flounder

Finish up in May though, so not bad:cool:

I've never stayed at the beach club...though just about every big vacation we've tried and couldn't get a room:hilarious: But we've been to the Bordwalk a few times (which is my second favorite resort after bay lake!), so I've been to the Beach Club for dinner and to check it out, stuff like that.
That's not fair! Moving got you extra summer days :p We got out in June. :confused:

Voxel

President of Progress City
According to MiceChat and several insiders on the DL forums, Marvel is mainly going on the parking lot behind tower of terror (and maybe a little bit of the backlot).
The-Hunger-Games-gifs-the-hunger-games-30195325-500-211.gif

Only plausible answer :rolleyes::arghh::banghead:

I thought it was replacing bugs land/backstage behind GOTG.

Okay yea we are thinking about the same area.. Sorry about that, I forgot that that was a Parking lot not a backlot. :) haha

I should pop over hear more often.. :D

tcool123

Well there's been a lot of negative coming out of Disney Parks recently. Let's look at the positives! :D

Like the new paint job for the Carousel of Progress! I personally think its a hundred times better looking now. I definitely think that it pops out more, and is much more pleasing to the eye, and to me at least more futuristic.

img_7660-jpg.137721

img_8163-jpg.152688

Everyone has been wondering over the last few days “What happened to everything that was going to be done during the refurbishment?” Well the quick and simple answer, some unexpected stuff happened and some stuff took a lot longer than expected. “Well what did get done then?” Safety systems got upgraded, and that took a lot longer than expected and also had some stuff that had to be replaced with the system. Animation had a few fluid lines replaced that was unexpected, but with that being said the animation team did an amazing job fixing up Rover and replacing John in act 2. “Well what about signage?” As I said up above some stuff took a lot longer, so that meant other stuff had to be moved down the list… signage ended up towards the bottom of that list. The theaters did get new sign mounts though! Sound adjustments were made, so stuff should be sounding better now. New carpeting and seating was put in theaters 1,2,3 and 5. Theaters 4 and 6 got new seating and carpeting before the refurbishment took place. The seating and carpeting took a lot longer than expected, but engineering got it done and did a good job doing it! The show controllers had a few changes, and had a few bugs… (as a few noticed Friday when the carousel resumed normal showings) Show lighting wasn’t turning on, and the DVD player for the TV in act 4 was stuck in pause mode. “What about clothing?” Clothing was another thing that got moved down the list… but the animation team will be working on stuff while the park is closed. “Was the outside lighting programmed?” Nope, other stuff took way too long. But with that being said, the show is 52 years old and requires a lot of work and it defiantly does get love it deserves. “Does this mean all of the stuff that didn’t happen will be done during the September refurbishment?” Let’s not forget the September refurb was being talked about but never officially planned, as of recently the September refurbishment will NOT be happening. Big Thunder Mountain will be down for refurbishment during that time period and Park Ops doesn’t want two high capacity attractions down at once. It would also require two teams doing the refurbishments, and that would mean both of them would not have the man power that they need. I hope everyone has a great big beautiful day

That's not the only Tomorrowland thing that's getting love! Nope the rocks too are getting some love!

tomorrowland-purple-rocks-jpg.154620

Also there's this tidbit of information an insider from WDWMagic, @marni1971 .
@marni1971 not to derail the thread too much, but were one of the occupants to be evicted (I assume Stitch or Monsters, Inc.), would they be immediately replaced? If so, would it be a gut and restart or an overlay of the existing infrastructure, and would it be an immediate replacement (a la Maelstrom)? Or would the building sit empty for the time being?
There are plans for it not to stand empty.

DinoInstitute

Well there's been a lot of negative coming out of Disney Parks recently. Let's look at the positives! :D

Like the new paint job for the Carousel of Progress! I personally think its a hundred times better looking now. I definitely think that it pops out more, and is much more pleasing to the eye, and to me at least more futuristic.

img_7660-jpg.137721

img_8163-jpg.152688

That's not the only Tomorrowland thing that's getting love! Nope the rocks too are getting some love!

Disney, get your GotG fix by putting it there! :p

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster

img_7660-jpg.137721

img_8163-jpg.152688

Seriously, WDW's Tomorrowland looks SOOO much more visually entertaining than the mess that's there at Disneyland. Pretty much the only spot of Disneyland's TL that's remotely beautiful in a traditional Disney sense is the sub lagoon and Matterhorn walkway which is more of a transitioning point into Fantasyland anyways. Those rocks look so cool and I generally like the slightly cartoony/"animated" vibe WDW has going for it even it it means there's a couple out of place IPs.

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
Just uploaded the fourth installment of my "Six Flags Discovery Kingdom Explorer's Guide" vlog series. Join me on a trip through the park's unique "Butterfly Habitat" walkthrough which includes a pathway behind a waterfall (aka the back side of water!)

Disney Dad 3000

Ah I'll have to remember that! Thank you!

We've just driven in for an hour or so while we are in the area, we don't start on property till next week.

I feel like a local, it's weird. I could get used to this :p

Let us know what you think of the Star Wars fireworks show at HS. I wasn't as crazy about the daytime show in front of GMR, but I also just really hate anything that is there since they insist on keeping a stage in front of that awesome building.
BTW, we got to stay at WL for our quick 2night trip before passes expired last week and even though didn't get to experience a ton of the resort, it is definitely in my top 5 now (house cup HC QOD reference)

MANEATINGWREATH

Seriously, WDW's Tomorrowland looks SOOO much more visually entertaining than the mess that's there at Disneyland. Pretty much the only spot of Disneyland's TL that's remotely beautiful in a traditional Disney sense is the sub lagoon and Matterhorn walkway which is more of a transitioning point into Fantasyland anyways. Those rocks look so cool and I generally like the slightly cartoony/"animated" vibe WDW has going for it even it it means there's a couple out of place IPs.

My one major gripe with MK's Tomorrowland is the transition between Fantasyland and Tomorrowland. Seriously, one moment you're looking at the teacups, the next you are literally standing outside the window that Sonny Eclipse sits in front of. There is no transition between the two, which is where DL prevails in terms of aesthetics. The trail between the subs and Matterhorn are a perfect, seamless transition into Fantasyland. It's a shame that such a trail was not replicated in the design for MK, but alas, maybe this issue can one day be fixed.

Were I to rate Tomorrowlands, it would go as such:

1. Magic Kingdom
2. Disneyland Paris
3. Shanghai Disneyland
4. Disneyland
5. Tokyo Disneyland
6. Hong Kong Disneyland

spacemt354

Chili's
Let us know what you think of the Star Wars fireworks show at HS. I wasn't as crazy about the daytime show in front of GMR, but I also just really hate anything that is there since they insist on keeping a stage in front of that awesome building.
BTW, we got to stay at WL for our quick 2night trip before passes expired last week and even though didn't get to experience a ton of the resort, it is definitely in my top 5 now (house cup HC QOD reference)
I shall! And wilderness lodge is awesome!

I'll also be riding the peoplemover in your honor next week:D

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
Just finished watching the Batman v. Superman Ultimate Edition. Overall it's an improvement and oddly feels more fast paced than the theatrical cut in spite of the extended run time. Same problems still persist though...

"Martha" is still a laughable way to end the fight, the actual fight takes up a very minimal part of the movie, Eisenberg is a hot mess and Amy Adams is still a terrible Louis Lane. The best thing the director's cut improved on was the editing and pacing which was for sure another big issue with the theatrical cut, so overall I'm glad I took the time to revisit it.

I'd probably put the theatrical cut of Suicide Squad a tiny bit below the BvS Ultimate Edition just because of the editing issues BvS fixes. I don't want this to be a trend, but at the same time I'm really looking forward to the three hour David Ayers director cut of Suicide Squad.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom