So What's The Mysterious "Third IP" Coming to DHS?

Magenta Panther

Martin, I respect your need to protect your sources. No problem that you need to keep your cards close.

However, as we have fun with speculation......has anyone learned about the history of the Wizard of Oz park in North Carolina? I spent a Sunday researching online after a blurb in the Orlando Sentinel. Wow, if Disney took these ideas and took it to a true respected theme park level. ... How cool..
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/20/abandoned-wizard-of-oz-theme-park_n_3784445.html
http://thecreatorsproject.vice.com/blog/abandoned-wizard-of-oz-theme-park-photos
https://jimvid.smugmug.com/Amusement-Park/The-Land-of-Oz-Summer-1975/i-BzjKLSr/A
Of course we will not have mountains, but it would be immersive.

Sorry, wishful thinking

When it comes to originality, creativity and good old-fashioned heart, The Wizard of Oz can drop a house on Harry Potter any day. It's criminal that there is no theme park based on it anywhere on American soil, especially since it's an American classic penned by an American author. It's certainly proven its staying power and appeal. Now, I'm speaking of the MGM film, not the vastly inferior sequels that have occurred, especially the sequels by Disney. Return to Oz was dreadful IMO (Dorothy getting electro-shock therapy, jeez). As for Oz the Great and Powerful...meh. Not horrible, but very weakly scripted. Stupid monkey jokes. The Wicked Witch of the West created because she was jilted by a man. Come ON. :p

ToTBellHop

I'm hoping it is an Indiana Jones based water ride, using the technology from the Shanghai Pirates ride.

If I look back over this thread, @YodaMan presents a very valid argument about synergy and why this would work so well timing-wise with the upcoming Indiana Jones movie. Also, this park desperately needs a water ride because, well, there aren't any. And after seeing the pretty much unanimous reactions to how amazing the Pirates ride is in Shanghai, I think that this would be an excellent way to appease the domestic park fans.

And finally, @marni1971 , please do not ever stop dropping hints. I can't believe that someone would actually complain about that. It is part of the fun of these threads and we are lucky to have you on here.

Edit: Also wanted to throw in here that @MansionButler84 felt that @YodaMan presented a very valuable argument for Indy. He also appears as a reliable insider here so why would he make that comment if there wasn't some truth to it.
An Indy boat ride sounds fun to me. As long as it is longer than the Na'vi River Journey.

twebber55

Look,, I respect marni.. I find his posts to be factual and articulate and interesting. that being said,, you only can pull the string so many times.. and after a couple of days of speculation, it becomes a High school drama.. upsetting numerous people , rumors started.. feelings hurt.. in the past posters being banded for life.. and all for something or nothing that we all have little control over but need to have our appetites satisfied.. and with the situation in the parks right now,, we are salivating like a pack of wolves.. all I am saying, is that if you have something that you can discuss, lets discuss.. if you don't know or can't say.. why stir the pot until all the juices are flowing and the crowd is hanging on your every post and every word in every post.. I really really like and respect Marni.. in fact he is one of my top three or four favorites and highest respectability meters.. I have no qualms with him with the exception of leaving us all hanging.. Peace out...
i always have appreciated inside info and never worry too much about the specifics
i come here for the rumors, its all fun to me

Daveeeeed

I wonder if it could be Incredibles now that Finding Dory broke 400M Domestically. Shows that nostalgia is a powerful thing. The Incredibles is a superhero movie (not to mention possibly the best one ever made), and it could make for an epic land. Not to mention the upcoming movie, and that it was the most requested Pixar sequel, and the only one that actually needs it. Still, I feel like Indy is the best choice, short and long term, but maybe Disney instead wants to put a brand new Indy ride in MK. You never know.

doctornick

I wonder if it could be Incredibles now that Finding Dory broke 400M Domestically. Shows that nostalgia is a powerful thing. The Incredibles is a superhero movie (not to mention possibly the best one ever made), and it could make for an epic land. Not to mention the upcoming movie, and that it was the most requested Pixar sequel, and the only one that actually needs it.

I would love to get an Incredibles ride and agree with everything you are suggesting about it, but @marni1971 specifically said that the plans for "Phase 3" are not a Pixar property. So The Incredibles (and Monsters Inc, Cars, etc.) are out.

HauntedMansionFLA

This just popped into my head - what about James Bond.

You could use a TestTrack/Cars type ride platform where you ride in an Aston Martin? DHS is probably the most adult park in Disneyworld and I could see the addition of a London-based James Bond land.
I'm not sure who owns the rights to Bond. Maybe the BBC? Doctor Who has a good following. It should be interesting.

spresso81

IowaHawks7

This just popped into my head - what about James Bond.

You could use a TestTrack/Cars type ride platform where you ride in an Aston Martin? DHS is probably the most adult park in Disneyworld and I could see the addition of a London-based James Bond land.

If they could somehow land Bond, that would be a massive move. Especially with all the rumors that a new Bond will be making his debut in the new movie. They could time a new ride and/or announcement with the announcement of the new Bond.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom