So What's The Mysterious "Third IP" Coming to DHS?

Herbie

Personally, I'd love to see Hunchback come back, but Mary Poppins would also be a great replacement. They could maybe find a way to incorporate both movies (as they're set in different decades, I'm not sure how they could do this, but anything's possible with Poppins).

I personally wish they would replace Frozen with the Golden Mickeys, and refurbish Sunset Boulevard: restructuring the Theatre of the Stars as the Carthay Circle that shows Snow White, keeping the old memorabilia from the store. ...and maybe possibly a Roger Rabbit store + Ink & Paint Club restaurant across the street

bjlc57

well this is getting to be like the HIGH SCHOOL.. HEY .. I have a secret but I can't tell you.. so don't ask... if you didn't want to discuss this .. then don't really bring it up unless you are prepared to discuss.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
well this is getting to be like the HIGH SCHOOL.. HEY .. I have a secret but I can't tell you.. so don't ask... if you didn't want to discuss this .. then don't really bring it up unless you are prepared to discuss.

Being that this is a Disney parks fan site a lot of people are interested in what is coming to the parks. Since Disney tends to release only the tiniest bits of information about parks projects, people like Martin give us access to information that we would not get any other way, even if that information is not always complete. Also, these little bits of information can help random speculation somewhat under control.

ToTBellHop

If you are willing and able to read between the lines, interesting deductions can be made.

If you'd rather not read vague rumors, there's always General Discussion.

Sorry we are stirring up memories of high school. It doesn't sound like it was a good time.

I heard from Bobby that Timmy said that he overheard Jackson talking on the phone with Jimmy in the restroom about how he heard Tom was working as a janitor and heard Bob talking with Phil about a new 3rd E ticket coming to DHS.

bjlc57

Look,, I respect marni.. I find his posts to be factual and articulate and interesting. that being said,, you only can pull the string so many times.. and after a couple of days of speculation, it becomes a High school drama.. upsetting numerous people , rumors started.. feelings hurt.. in the past posters being banded for life.. and all for something or nothing that we all have little control over but need to have our appetites satisfied.. and with the situation in the parks right now,, we are salivating like a pack of wolves.. all I am saying, is that if you have something that you can discuss, lets discuss.. if you don't know or can't say.. why stir the pot until all the juices are flowing and the crowd is hanging on your every post and every word in every post.. I really really like and respect Marni.. in fact he is one of my top three or four favorites and highest respectability meters.. I have no qualms with him with the exception of leaving us all hanging.. Peace out...

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Look,, I respect marni.. I find his posts to be factual and articulate and interesting. that being said,, you only can pull the string so many times.. and after a couple of days of speculation, it becomes a High school drama.. upsetting numerous people , rumors started.. feelings hurt.. in the past posters being banded for life.. and all for something or nothing that we all have little control over but need to have our appetites satisfied.. and with the situation in the parks right now,, we are salivating like a pack of wolves.. all I am saying, is that if you have something that you can discuss, lets discuss.. if you don't know or can't say.. why stir the pot until all the juices are flowing and the crowd is hanging on your every post and every word in every post.. I really really like and respect Marni.. in fact he is one of my top three or four favorites and highest respectability meters.. I have no qualms with him with the exception of leaving us all hanging.. Peace out...

So what is the threshold for when something should be discussed and when it shouldn't? No one, not even Disney, suddenly come forward with the complete details of a new attraction. Should Martin have held back the information on GoTG in Epcot just because he couldn't provide every detail of the project? You also have to remember that Martin isn't the only source of info, little bits of information are going to come from various sources so even getting small details from various sources can help put together the bigger puzzle.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

... and as to the issue of "drama", if it wasn't happening over this, it would happen over something else equally trivial.

FigmentJedi

Opps - sorry. Yes, the forth a Pirates got the franchise back on track.
Pirates 4 was pretty terrible. The mermaid attack scene was cool and I enjoyed Ian MacShane, but their efforts to replace the supporting cast with a whole new one fell pretty flat and Blackbeard's voodoo abilities were super-underused with the whole "Zombie Officers that you have to be told in exposition are even zombies". Not to mention how they've reduced a bunch of things to "Tell, not Show" like Barbossa's story of why Disney couldn't afford to hire back the supporting pirates from the first three films or destroying the Navigational Charts when the whole point of their introduction was to be a visual plot device for all possible sequels.

At World's End was much better. Its real flaw was that it introduced a bunch of new plot points that should have probably been introduced in Dead Man's Chest and that made things seem so bloated. Really, it ought to have ended there on a high bittersweet note.

Last edited:

flyakite

Martin, I respect your need to protect your sources. No problem that you need to keep your cards close.

However, as we have fun with speculation......has anyone learned about the history of the Wizard of Oz park in North Carolina? I spent a Sunday researching online after a blurb in the Orlando Sentinel. Wow, if Disney took these ideas and took it to a true respected theme park level. ... How cool..
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/20/abandoned-wizard-of-oz-theme-park_n_3784445.html
http://thecreatorsproject.vice.com/blog/abandoned-wizard-of-oz-theme-park-photos
https://jimvid.smugmug.com/Amusement-Park/The-Land-of-Oz-Summer-1975/i-BzjKLSr/A
Of course we will not have mountains, but it would be immersive.

Sorry, wishful thinking

rioriz

Since we are playing around with choices, lets look at the ride we are getting....it is not a Thrill ride so what does that rule out....

id say LotR....no way that cant be a thrill
Indy.......hard to not see this as a thrill ride

what else

TeriofTerror

1. I'm sure he's torn between wanting to share information and wanting to protect his sources. My enjoyment and excitement about new information is not worth putting someone's job at risk if Disney gets wind about specific leaks.
2. "(A)after a couple of days of speculation"? I'm pretty sure Martin has no control over when Disney decides to release information and he can therefore not predict or control the "speculation cycle", if you will.
My sincere thanks to @marni1971 and others for sharing what you can, when you can.

Jones14

If it does turn out to be Wreck It Ralph, the rumored timing coincides pretty perfectly for when Nintendoland is rumored to open. Perhaps it's partially a preemptive effort to keep Universal from stealing all of the video game-based thunder?

flyerjab

I'm hoping it is an Indiana Jones based water ride, using the technology from the Shanghai Pirates ride.

If I look back over this thread, @YodaMan presents a very valid argument about synergy and why this would work so well timing-wise with the upcoming Indiana Jones movie. Also, this park desperately needs a water ride because, well, there aren't any. And after seeing the pretty much unanimous reactions to how amazing the Pirates ride is in Shanghai, I think that this would be an excellent way to appease the domestic park fans.

And finally, @marni1971 , please do not ever stop dropping hints. I can't believe that someone would actually complain about that. It is part of the fun of these threads and we are lucky to have you on here.

Edit: Also wanted to throw in here that @MansionButler84 felt that @YodaMan presented a very valuable argument for Indy. He also appears as a reliable insider here so why would he make that comment if there wasn't some truth to it.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom