So What's The Mysterious "Third IP" Coming to DHS?

Princess Leia

Interesting reads - I really think Disney may make a play and it would be perfect for an amusement park as it has a loyal fan base which would generate worldwide buzz:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottme...h-studio-will-win-007-franchise/#2463d4d1544b

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/10...nds-james-bond-distribution-rights-until-2016
I can see Bond going into a revised Movie Ride (whenever that finally happens), or maybe even a stunt show, but I don't think the whole 'drinking and sexing' part is really Disney material. Even though Indy has some of the same qualities, Bond is in a league of his own.

cjkeating

Things have changed a bit since back then.

Back then SWL was going in Indy, phase 3 around tours and 4 around Animation.

As we now seem to be getting less/smaller phases than back then has money been cut from the overall DHS project? I know TSL was cut for Avatar but has the bigger phase 3 and phase 4 money gone to Epcot?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
As we now seem to be getting less/smaller phases than back then has money been cut from the overall DHS project? I know TSL was cut for Avatar but has the bigger phase 3 and phase 4 money gone to Epcot?
I couldn't do more than speculate since I don't have the exact figures for the original plan.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
If it does turn out to be Wreck It Ralph, the rumored timing coincides pretty perfectly for when Nintendoland is rumored to open. Perhaps it's partially a preemptive effort to keep Universal from stealing all of the video game-based thunder?

Out of curiosity, I wonder what (if any) rights Universal has to prevent other local parks form using Nintendo related IPs (similar to what they had/have with Marvel) now that Universal has the rights to use Nintendo internally? I mean, Wreck It Ralph didn't depend on Nintendo characters, but they were abundant in the film and apparently Nintendo was very open to having their characters used. A Wreck it Ralph attraction could easily avoid using Nintendo characters if necessary, but to those looking, it might be noticeable if Nintendo characters are completely void from other areas where they could have potentially popped up... like in the queue or pre-ride segments. Of course, that's a assuming they would ever have a Wreck it Ralph attraction in the first place...

Flippin'Flounder

Out of curiosity, I wonder what (if any) rights Universal has to prevent other local parks form using Nintendo related IPs (similar to what they had/have with Marvel) now that Universal has the rights to use Nintendo internally? I mean, Wreck It Ralph didn't depend on Nintendo characters, but they were abundant in the film and apparently Nintendo was very open to having their characters used. A Wreck it Ralph attraction could easily avoid using Nintendo characters if necessary, but to those looking, it might be noticeable if Nintendo characters are completely void from other areas where they could have potentially popped up... like in the queue or pre-ride segments. Of course, that's a assuming they would ever have a Wreck it Ralph attraction in the first place...
Nintendo characters weren't that abundant in the film. I haven't seen it in a while, but I'm pretty sure it was just Bowser.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Nintendo characters weren't that abundant in the film. I haven't seen it in a while, but I'm pretty sure it was just Bowser.

The following references to Nintendo were in Wreck it Ralph:
  • Bowser (King Koopa) from Super Mario Bros.
  • A Super Mushroom from Super Mario Bros.
  • Ducks from Duck Hunt (as obstacles in Fix-it Felix Jr.)
  • An NES controller as the vault to Sugar Rush's CPU room.
  • Mario (Mentioned by Felix in the 30th Anniversary party.)
Apparently Mario and Luigi were approved to also be in the film, but Disney couldn't find an appropriate place to put them it... agreed it's not a significant role, but it's tough to think video games and not at least somewhat think Nintendo...

Flippin'Flounder

Apparently Mario and Luigi were approved to also be in the film, but Disney couldn't find an appropriate place to put them it... agreed it's not a significant role, but it's tough to think video games and not at least somewhat think Nintendo...
Definitely not enough to be noticeable if not included in an attraction, except maybe Bowser, but only if they showed Bad-Anon.

RSoxNo1

At a D23 Expo event it was said that it was difficult dealing with Nintendo regarding Mario and Luigi. It's possible they weren't approved.

Flippin'Flounder

At a D23 Expo event it was said that it was difficult dealing with Nintendo regarding Mario and Luigi. It's possible they weren't approved.
It could also be that they were approved to be in it at first, but Nintendo may have backed out if they didn't like where they were going to be shown.

2351metalcloud

How about an area involving both Indiana Jones and eventually Delilah Dirk if her movie(s) is/are received well enough?

The Delilah Dirk books seem to take place before Indiana Jones lived, so an area having to do with Delilah can seem retro.

Last edited:

Bill Cipher

In the Parks
Yes
So at this point we have it narrowed down to Wreck-it-Ralph, James Bond, Indiana Jones, Pirates of the Carribean, Wizard of Oz, Lord of the Rings, and every other property that Disney either owns or can buy the rights to thats not Pixar or Marvel. Time for tinfoil hats! I nominate Don't Hug Me I'm Scared to be the new DHS IP!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom