So... What is for Dinner?..:)

Phonedave

The handfull of tomatos that I got from the garden

Some buffalo milk mozzerella (that this little shop flys in from Italy)

Basil from the garden

Balsamic (from the cabinet :) )

And a hunk of Ciabatta I picked up

Easy easy easy for a Sunday night

-dave

Jasonflz

I just finished two grilled cheese sandwiches. My mom can make gourmet foot so I am excited to see what's tonight. A while back we ate a large platter of black beans, rice, and mashed potatoes coupled with chicken and a desert tray with cookie dough enchiladas. :slurp:

DisneyGigi

Grilled New York Strip with fried okra, green beans with baby red potatoes, fried green tomatoes, all from the garden. Man I love Summer I hate that it is ending soon. :( Oh and garlic bread with tomato, garlic and basil bruschetta (sp? lol)

MouseMadness

The handfull of tomatos that I got from the garden

Some buffalo milk mozzerella (that this little shop flys in from Italy)

Basil from the garden

Balsamic (from the cabinet :) )

And a hunk of Ciabatta I picked up

Easy easy easy for a Sunday night

-dave

You wouldn't happen to be able to tell me why my tomatoes refuse to turn red, would you? :lookaroun

They grow and grow, but there are a couple on there that for weeks now have looked like they are big enough, but never turn red! I wonder if I didn't plant them in enough sun or something :shrug:

DisneyGigi

You wouldn't happen to be able to tell me why my tomatoes refuse to turn red, would you? :lookaroun

They grow and grow, but there are a couple on there that for weeks now have looked like they are big enough, but never turn red! I wonder if I didn't plant them in enough sun or something :shrug:

Ours turned a little late this year too. You need to plant them in direct bright all day sunlight but it has been so rainy and cloudy here that ours took forever to turn too. Now that they have I am loaded down with them so hopefully that will be the case for you too.

Lime is also great for your garden we do it before we plant and then a few times after. :wave:

Jasonflz

:slurp::slurp::slurp: The best is when you get a Kobe steak or burger. I have never had a meat that actually melted in my mouth until I had Kobe. Pretty expensive though.

MouseMadness

Ours turned a little late this year too. You need to plant them in direct bright all day sunlight but it has been so rainy and cloudy here that ours took forever to turn too. Now that they have I am loaded down with them so hopefully that will be the case for you too.

Lime is also great for your garden we do it before we plant and then a few times after. :wave:

Yes, summer just hit yesterday :lol:

Well shucks, even with the newly arrived heat, I wonder if they get enough sun :( Next year I'll have to put some thought into what I'm doing. I basically threw them in an open spot where I knew they'd get quite a bit of sun, but it certainly isn't all day sun.

DisneyGigi

Yes, summer just hit yesterday :lol:

Well shucks, even with the newly arrived heat, I wonder if they get enough sun :( Next year I'll have to put some thought into what I'm doing. I basically threw them in an open spot where I knew they'd get quite a bit of sun, but it certainly isn't all day sun.

They should still turn even if they don't get all day sun, they just do much better if they do. I wouldn't give up yet a few really sunny days may still do the trick. I was convinced ours were not going to turn it had been so cloudy this year I usually always have my first tomatoes by July 4th but this year it was the first of August. I do have enough now to can so that is good and they are huge tomatoes because it did take so long to turn, even the Romas are way bigger than normal.
Good luck! :)

Today we are having Pork Chops, Macaroni, and more beans lol.. I love them!

KingStefan

... My mom can make gourmet foot ...

I *love* gourmet foot!:lol:

This made me laugh especially because my grandmother used to make gourmet foot! Feet, actually!

Real traditional Polish "zimne nogi". It's made by boiling pork feet (which you can get really cheap at a butcher shop) then pulling the meat off the bone (like you do to make "pulled pork") and adding tons of spices (especially garlic) and cooking it some more, then chilling it in a gelatin (made from the water you boiled it in - as fatty as pork feet are, you may not even have to add gelatin - I can't remember - I helped her make it a few times, but I was pretty little).

Oh, how I miss Nana's zimne nogi! You can buy it in a polish butcher shop, but Nana made her own from scratch, and there was nothing like it!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom