So... What is for Dinner?..:)

yankspy

Went to Copelands with the inlaws...Eggplant pirouge.( I think I spelled it right).and Bananas foster cheesecake..YUM!
I like Copeland's. They used to have one here but it closed.

BTW everyone. Since the time is fast approaching, I am curious as to everyone's Turkey methods and recipes. Brine or no brine. cornbread sausage stuffing or plain bread stuffing. Bag, or no bag. You get the idea.

DormaNesbit

Hey yankspy--I do not brine or bag but I put the turkey in a big turkey roasting pan. I do bread stuffing and I add onion to the bread with sage, salt, pepper, thyme, poultry seasoning and rosemary then butter and some water to keep it moist and then I rub the outside with the same spices and add chicken stock, water and some nice white wine and then into the oven. How do you cook your turkey?:wave:

(p.s. how is the pregnancy going?)

Number_6

Last night's dinner was a nice Chuck Roast with Magic Seasoning, along with mashed potatoes and mixed veggies. It came out really nice and we have enough left over that I can bring some to work for a day or two instead of just having chicken.

Vernonpush

I like Copeland's. They used to have one here but it closed.

BTW everyone. Since the time is fast approaching, I am curious as to everyone's Turkey methods and recipes. Brine or no brine. cornbread sausage stuffing or plain bread stuffing. Bag, or no bag. You get the idea.

For Thanksgiving we usually just get a turkey breast, since there's only two of us. We stuff the cavities with lemon wedges, sweet onions, garlic, and fresh (from the front yard) rosemary. The bird is rubbed with olive oil and seasoned with seasoned salt, rosemary and Cavender's greek seasoning. We use an oven bag. Stuffing is made as a side dish in a 9 x 13 pan - we experiment with this adding different things each year ( we've done leftover homemade cornbread, leftover homemade wheat bread, and leftover homemade whole wheat cinnamon walnut bread [the best]).

BTW what are everyone's favorite side dishes?
Does everyone do the green bean casserole (with the mushroom soup and fried onion rings)? Sweet potatoes ( I asked my mom for her recipe for sweet potatoes that she made when I was growing up [using frozen orange juice concentrate] and she couldn't remember it:lol:) with or without marshmallows? Jellied cranberry sauce that went "thhhhhuwapppp" as it came out of the can:lol:? Regional favorites (raised in Nebraska- always had corn)?

LibertyTreeTavern.jpg

maggiegrace1

Original Poster
Making Chili for dinner..:)

We are going to hubbys parents for dinner..Deep fried turkey along with the regular turkey..:)
My favorite side dishes are Pecan praline sweet potatos and my baked macaroni and cheese..:)

Vernonpush

Making Chili for dinner..:)

We are going to hubbys parents for dinner..Deep fried turkey along with the regular turkey..:)
My favorite side dishes arePecan praline sweet potatos and my bake macaroni and cheese..:)

Ooooh deep fried turkey- one of the things I love about the south! :lol:

Do you have a recipe for the Pecan praline sweet potatoes? I remember my mom putting brown sugar, pecans, pats of butter and frozen orange juice (her answer to orange zest :shrug:) on the sweet potatoes.

rhine_paul

good ol' MRE's is whats for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

I picked out all the good ones like chicken terriyaki, and something else I can not identify but tastse good... And a milkshake in a pouch that started out as a power that you add water to.

yankspy

Hey yankspy--I do not brine or bag but I put the turkey in a big turkey roasting pan. I do bread stuffing and I add onion to the bread with sage, salt, pepper, thyme, poultry seasoning and rosemary then butter and some water to keep it moist and then I rub the outside with the same spices and add chicken stock, water and some nice white wine and then into the oven. How do you cook your turkey?:wave:

(p.s. how is the pregnancy going?)
Pregnancy is going well. She has a little under four months to go. Thanks for asking. As far as the turkey, I did a honey brine last year and it came out pretty good. I use a bag but I also cover the whole bird in bacon. The fat really keeps it moist and imparts a nice flavor. My side dishes are usually sausage sage cornbread stuffing, mashed taters, some kind of veggie, semolina bread, and cranberry sauce. :slurp:

maggiegrace1

Original Poster
Ooooh deep fried turkey- one of the things I love about the south! :lol:

Do you have a recipe for the Pecan praline sweet potatoes? I remember my mom putting brown sugar, pecans, pats of butter and frozen orange juice (her answer to orange zest :shrug:) on the sweet potatoes.
I will get the recipe for you..they are sooo yummy and sooo bad for you:lol:
good ol' MRE's is whats for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

I picked out all the good ones like chicken terriyaki, and something else I can not identify but tastse good... And a milkshake in a pouch that started out as a power that you add water to.
Sounds great!..:lol:

May I ask where you are and what you are doing?
Pregnancy is going well. She has a little under four months to go. Thanks for asking. As far as the turkey, I did a honey brine last year and it came out pretty good. I use a bag but I also cover the whole bird in bacon. The fat really keeps it moist and imparts a nice flavor. My side dishes are usually sausage sage cornbread stuffing, mashed taters, some kind of veggie, semolina bread, and cranberry sauce. :slurp:
:slurp:

So exciting about the baby...any names picked out yet?..:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom