So what changes will we see at DHS GE based on DL GE?

Disney Analyst

Andrew C

You know what's funny?

Thanks for this. Looking for these photos, it seems like DHS ended up with a slightly better version, thematically. The theme looks slightly elevated. IMO

britain

I find these differences to be fascinating. You can tell that the engineering/architectural blueprints are identical. It's once you get down to the surface sculpting level, you start seeing different creative decisions being made.

Rider

I'm probably wrong but wasn't it said that the colors are slightly different since each park gets sunlight from different angles?
Yes the color differences are because of the different light/weather in Florida vs. California.

And keep in mind that the weather at the time a photo was taken, the time of day, the camera itself, and how the photo was edited can make everything look different when comparing on a computer screen instead of seeing it in person.

brihow

I'm probably wrong but wasn't it said that the colors are slightly different since each park gets sunlight from different angles?

That's what I remember hearing, although I don't believe that anymore since the difference in color is so drastic. My theory is that because the Orlando version can/will support more lush foliage, they decided to stray away from the muted desert tones. The more saturated colors read better against all the greenery.

Rider

After looking at the photos I wouldn't use them as a comparison for color. Only for architecture and details.

The Disneyland shots were all done on a sunny day while WDW was shot on a very overcast day. That difference is light temperature has a big impact on color. Also I noticed a lot of the buildings appeared to be shot in shade in one park and not the other. For example the first full picture of the Falcon is backlit at Disneyland but front lit at WDW.

Disney Analyst

I find these differences to be fascinating. You can tell that the engineering/architectural blueprints are identical. It's once you get down to the surface sculpting level, you start seeing different creative decisions being made.

View attachment 395431

Yes, I found that arch interesting.

Also how the attachment to the wall here is placed differently, DHS for some reason has part of it on the ornamental strip.

27204BAD-46A2-42C9-AB78-8208E12C08D5-1472x1472.jpeg

Edit:

^ Also that cement/sculpted barrier to right is differently shaped.

solidyne

Yes, the two parks face different directions and therefore will have differing amounts and quality of light. I get that. I also can understand how different paint colors might be used to compensate for these differences, in an effort to make the final product the same in both parks. However, if that's the case, the DHS colors seem substantially to have overcompensated. Of course, cameras can play tricks.

We'll have to wait and hear from someone who has visited both parks in person (perhaps in multiple weather conditions) before judging. Having said that, my guess is that these new colors are way stronger, no matter the time of day, weather, etc.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Premium Member
You're not the only one. I've been searching my brain for Corn Flakes idioms or clichés (and Google for cereal memes). I think if this witty reply had quoted just one of your paragraphs, not your entire post, our job would be easier.

I'm trying to decide if the emphasis is on corn (as in corny) or flakes (as in snowflake). Perhaps these are Frosted Flakes. I can't tell.
Seriously? You people have never heard of “Who peed in your Corn Flakes”? I know it’s not just a Canadian saying.

The negativity in the SW:GE threads is on Gran Destino level lately. There are many of us who are excitedly with-holding judgement until we experience the land with our own eyes and ears, and not just relying on the usual nay-sayers and poo-poo’ers.

ImperfectPixie

Seriously? You people have never heard of “Who peed in your Corn Flakes”? I know it’s not just a Canadian saying.

The negativity in the SW:GE threads is on Gran Destino level lately. There are many of us who are excitedly with-holding judgement until we experience the land with our own eyes and ears, and not just relying on the usual nay-sayers and poo-poo’ers.
In our house...it's Cheerios! :hilarious:

drod1985

Walked into Jamba for a smoothie today. Now they've got something called the "Vanilla Blue Sky" - and since it looked like Blue Milk I figured I'd give it a go. Similar to GE Milk, it's also plant based (almond and coconut milks), but with banana, pineapple and blue spirulina (which provides the color). It was pretty darned tasty. If any changes come to GE milks they should take lead from this.

1564774066577.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom