So what changes will we see at DHS GE based on DL GE?

Janir

One of the key assumptions of the immersion concept is that one wants to be actually immersed in that location. I have no interest in being in a deserted, depressing, bombed out, rusted outpost I've never heard of nor care about. They captured a place nobody ever wanted to go to perfectly. Mission accomplished!!!
The could have easily made the SWLand Tattooine vs a new Batuu. Kept their timeline, Oga's Cantina have been Chalmun's Cantina and even made a todo about the famous Han Solo once sat in this booth here ;). All the rest could have easily been put into Mos Eisley with no issues. A lot more people only partially interested in Star Wars fandom would have interested in the immersion as they could now relate.

WDW Guru

The could have easily made the SWLand Tattooine vs a new Batuu. Kept their timeline, Oga's Cantina have been Chalmun's Cantina and even made a todo about the famous Han Solo once sat in this booth here ;). All the rest could have easily been put into Mos Eisley with no issues. A lot more people only partially interested in Star Wars fandom would have interested in the immersion as they could now relate.

There are numerous reasons as to why Tattooine would be impractical build, but Disney took some of the best elements of Tattooine, and put them into Batuu.

Ravenclaw78

But there might be somebody to scream...at least 😎

Perhaps. :) I'm not convinced there is anything Disney could have done within the bounds of the laws of physics that would actually have lived up to the expectations the phrase "Star Wars theme park" conjures up for even most reasonable fans. It would certainly appear they needed to hit closer to the mark than they managed to, though. I'm holding out hope that the "streetmosphere" budget gets restored and they start piping a soundtrack in, which combined with the 2nd ride seems like that would go a long way toward fixing the land.

matt9112

Keep in mind that the color palette for the entire land is one color and there are no trees in sight. That all mixes to become unfit to be in the Florida climate.

im pretty sure there are trees? just not alot. entire berm is trees but i think there are some in the land?

TrainsOfDisney

im pretty sure there are trees? just not alot. entire berm is trees but i think there are some in the land?

On the outside of the land, the berm side, yes. In the actual land..... if there are any trees there are very few. Maybe a few in the rise Q to cover up the waterfall. I wish that was a joke. Ha.

Definitely not as many plants as the concept art would lead you to believe.

matt9112

On the outside of the land, the berm side, yes. In the actual land..... if there are any trees there are very few. Maybe a few in the rise Q to cover up the waterfall. I wish that was a joke. Ha.

Definitely not as many plants as the concept art would lead you to believe.

not many i agree but i swore i saw some in like planter style islands in the over heads.

TrainsOfDisney

I agree with that assessment. The falcon is a fun ride, and it’s cool to walk into the ship and then into the cockpit.... but yeah the end result is Star Tours with no humor and with nothing visually that I recognize from the movies.

The problem with designing a land around streetmosphere is that streetmosphere is the first thing to get cut! Ha

TP2000

The problem with designing a land around streetmosphere is that streetmosphere is the first thing to get cut! Ha

That's the biggest thing I'm looking forward to noting what WDW management did for DHS. The Disneyland version felt dead and lifeless because there was no music, no bands, no characters, no aliens, no droids, no entertainment of any kind. I saw two bored Stormtroopers wandering around, and Chewbacca had the night off when I was there. The CM's in the shops and snack bars talked amongst themselves.

What can WDW management do in 60 days or less to fix that, to get the land infused with life and charm and action? Or did Mr. Chapek's budget cutting happen so thoroughly and so definitively that WDW management has their hands tied and will only be left with some Stormtroopers, Chewbacca, and that awkward 5 minute long Nazis In Space! stage show by that one static space ship?

Last edited:

rsm

I seriously think they should charge people to cosplay as masked aliens with Disney provided and approved costumes. It’s a win win.

TrainsOfDisney

and that awkward 5 minute long Nazis In Space! stage show by that one static space ship?

Haha!! Yeah that “show” makes the Jedi Training session look like a broadway production!

I agree.... WDW can fix it... there is still time and there is still hope. I dare not type there full names again... but if Lisa, Terry, Phil and others that are currently working in DHS would just quietly get moved to Galaxies edge... wow that would be something.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I rode Millennium Falcon: Target Run three times in one evening during my late June visit. It never had more than a 15 minute wait, and I sat in all three rows of seats over the course of the three rides. I would rate it a 7 out of 10.

The Falcon ride is not a home run. The queue and boarding areas are visually impressive, as is most of the land. But the actual ride is just sort of a new version of Star Tours, without the humor. If it weren't for the cool factor of standing inside the Falcon ship and the elaborate queue, I'd give the ride a 6 out of 10. The CM's were mostly rushing you around and into the cockpit with very little instruction. I would have been fine with just the one ride, but the line was so short I went two more times later in the evening because I knew I should just get it out of my system and take advantage of the uncrowded land.

I love Disneyland, but I don't need to go back into Star Wars Land until the new Resistance ride opens. I could go at least several years without riding the Falcon ride again.
Yes to all of this.

But the wdw traveler is already planning to screw this up. They cannot control themselves. They’ll drink the sand.

From the reviews...it appears a full redo could be the logical choice. I know - that word has no place here...but this is exactly how mediocrity is bread in a Disney park becomes the standard and lowers the bar. Through blind, selfish acceptance.

In a nutshell: a 2 hour wait for mine train and getting up at 7 am to book be our guest.
That's the biggest thing I'm looking forward to noting what WDW management did for DHS. The Disneyland version felt dead and lifeless because there was no music, no bands, no characters, no aliens, no droids, no entertainment of any kind. I saw two bored Stormtroopers wandering around, and Chewbacca had the night off when I was there. The CM's in the shops and snack bars talked amongst themselves.

What can WDW management do in 60 days or less to fix that, to get the land infused with life and charm and action? Or did Mr. Chapek's budget cutting happen so thoroughly and so definitively that WDW management has their hands tied and will only be left with some Stormtroopers, Chewbacca, and that awkward 5 minute long Nazis In Space! stage show by that one static space ship?
In a word: nothing. Nothing will change because they won’t need to.
Haha!! Yeah that “show” makes the Jedi Training session look like a broadway production!

I agree.... WDW can fix it... there is still time and there is still hope. I dare not type there full names again... but if Lisa, Terry, Phil and others that are currently working in DHS would just quietly get moved to Galaxies edge... wow that would be something.
Unlikely...budgets are budgets...and all roads lead back to the quarterly calls

drod1985

Since passholder reservations are happening I figured there may be some news on Savi's or Oga's reservations for the public opening on 8/29. According to @WDWToday there won't be. I really hope they're misinformed. No reservations for these experiences would be a madhouse, they have to have learned their lesson from Disneyland.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom