So we're exactly 3 years away from WDW's 40th. When do they start prepping?

djkidkaz

Original Poster
In exactly 3 years from today we will be celebrating WDW's 40th anniversary. We keep hearing that this is when we will be experiencing all the great ideas they have planned currently, but nothing has been announced, no ground broken, nothing. Just for comparison, it took them almost exactly 3 years from announcement date, to grand opening of Everest. So shouldn't we be hearing something anytime now since if they are planning to have an E-Ticket by then, they'd probably have to start breaking ground fairly soon? :shrug:

djkidkaz

Original Poster
It took them only 1 year to build all of Disneyland and thats without anything to compare it too for a model. But those days are over! It took them a year and a half just to change Millionaire to Toy Story Mania.

Lee

Adventurer
but nothing has been announced, no ground broken, nothing.

Can't tell you anything about announcments...but you can expect to see dirt begin being pushed around within the next 8 months at one park for sure.
Quite possibly two.
:D

DivineMadness7

Okay, this is going to be unpopular but here it goes. I don't see why something grand is expected every 5 years for the "anniversary." I mean, 25th, 50th, etc. okay those are milestone anniversaries. But I don't see what the big deal about "40" is....sorry. Sure it would be nice to see some new rides, I'm not saying it wouldn't be...but we're 3 years out and people are already talking about it? Just seems like a bit much.

Lee

Adventurer
Tell us more........ Please
Plans are approved and things are in motion.

New ride at one park. Nice one, too.
New...um...area at another park. Really nice.

Far as I can go right now.

Really nothing that hasn't been talked about here...just....um....firmer.

henryt93

New ride at one park. Nice one, too.
New...um...area at another park. Really nice.
[/I]

Hmmm. The ride could be so many things, but for the area I assume it's either Beastly Kingdomme or the Little Mermaid area mentioned on the Blue Sky Disney blog.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
They will start preparing for it when a few Disney forum members manage to get 2500 other like minded people to do their own celebration for the anniversary.:lookaroun

jhastings74

Can't tell you anything about announcments...but you can expect to see dirt begin being pushed around within the next 8 months at one park for sure.
Quite possibly two.
:D

Can't you see that every day at the Boneyard play/excavation area at DAK? :rolleyes::animwink:

dandaman

I'm all for a Magic Kingdom E-ticket... something new in World Showcase (NOT character-based) would be nice, too.

Spyne

I'm definitely expecting Disney to make some kind of announcement. I really think the fan-gathered celebrations to celebrate Epcot's 25th and Disney's Animal Kingdom's 10th really helped open their eyes to how important these milestones are. So because of these reasons, I don't see a HUGE milestone like WDW/Magic Kingdom's 40th going by the wayside. :)

RSoxNo1

The rumors about Monster's Inc and Little Mermaid seem to be a bit further on than any of the other rumors we've heard. I would assume Monster's Inc is the ride, and Little Mermaid is part of the "land" that Lee mentioned. Little Mermaid seems to be very likely, while some of the other possibilities for this land were the Snow White Coaster, and the less likely Beauty and the Beast dark ride.

My guess is that if only two things are on the table than it's those two attractions and not the Jules Verne land in Animal Kingdom or the Japan attraction in Epcot

SirGoofy

Here we go:

Monsters Inc. family coaster (meh)
Little Mermaid (clone)
Star Tours 2 (?????)

I'm pretty excited for the first two. Sure Mermaid is a clone, but I'm all for a new dark ride, and any new ride at the Studios is a welcom addition for me.

NewfieFan

Here we go:

Monsters Inc. family coaster (meh)
Little Mermaid (clone)
Star Tours 2 (?????)

Not getting into an argument or anything here... just curious that's all... why do you "meh" at Monsters Inc. family coaster and what is the Little Mermaid a "clone" of (I guess I'm out of the loop on that one)? And if indeed it is a clone... does that matter!?! If it's good, it's good!!! I don't care if the exact same ride is in every Disney park on planet earth! Just MHO!:wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom