So is the Hyperion Wharf project dead?

MrMorrowTom

Disney Doesn't want the responsibility of owning operating clubs. Before they closed it was getting out of control with security and police personal having to be on high alert. To much risk so Disney leasing it to third parties takes the responsibly out of their hands and people still get the nightlife they want.

Hyperion Wharf was a terrible idea from the beginning.
Bring back the Neon Armadillo

Mouse Detective

your welcome.

These are the same plans that the Save Pleasure Island website published back in March. So this is not new information.
http://savepleasureisland.blogspot.com/2011/03/so-whats-coming-to-new-pleasure-island.html

Disney Doesn't want the responsibility of owning operating clubs. Before they closed it was getting out of control with security and police personal having to be on high alert. To much risk so Disney leasing it to third parties takes the responsibly out of their hands and people still get the nightlife they want.

First of all that is untrue. Nothing was ever out of control and no security was on high alert. Second of all, Disney is in charge of security regardless of who is operating stores, restaurants or clubs there. Having some third party operate a club no way reduces Disney's obligations to operate a safe attraction.

Condorman

First of all that is untrue. Nothing was ever out of control and no security was on high alert. Second of all, Disney is in charge of security regardless of who is operating stores, restaurants or clubs there. Having some third party operate a club no way reduces Disney's obligations to operate a safe attraction.

Wrong, Mouse Detective. Mr. Morrow, Tom had it exactly right. The negative publicity from all the teenagers bringing down the quality and safety of the area was the first problem. The area only being open from 5pm until late was a second issue in that it was not bringing in enough revenue. Please do some research before you post next time. You are a "detective" after all.

Answer me this: If Pleasure Island was so safe and successful and popular, why did Disney shut it down for three years without replacing anything? Why give up such a profit-generating venture? You can't answer that because I just did, above. All of PI was a dying, failed, inappropriate endeavor for Disney. The same idea located within a park, past security and turnstiles, geared mainly for guests of the WDW resort, might have worked but that will never happen.

PI was more of a dinosaur than anything in DAK, and that includes the AC. I'm glad all of them are gone. Disney may not do better in the future, but they certainly couldn't do any worse than the past. Oh, and Universal's Citywalk is an open-air strip mall that would die in any other city. At least USO fanboys have that new miniature golf thingy to look forward to. I'm so happy for you. :ROFLOL:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Wrong, Mouse Detective. Mr. Morrow, Tom had it exactly right. The negative publicity from all the teenagers bringing down the quality and safety of the area was the first problem. The area only being open from 5pm until late was a second issue in that it was not bringing in enough revenue. Please do some research before you post next time. You are a "detective" after all.

Answer me this: If Pleasure Island was so safe and successful and popular, why did Disney shut it down for three years without replacing anything? Why give up such a profit-generating venture? You can't answer that because I just did, above. All of PI was a dying, failed, inappropriate endeavor for Disney. The same idea located within a park, past security and turnstiles, geared mainly for guests of the WDW resort, might have worked but that will never happen.

PI was more of a dinosaur than anything in DAK, and that includes the AC. I'm glad all of them are gone. Disney may not do better in the future, but they certainly couldn't do any worse than the past. Oh, and Universal's Citywalk is an open-air strip mall that would die in any other city. At least USO fanboys have that new miniature golf thingy to look forward to. I'm so happy for you. :ROFLOL:

Do you ever get a nose bleed sitting up on that high horse?

You are so wrong on so many counts, I'm not even going to bother, as you are obviously just flame baiting.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Answer me this: If Pleasure Island was so safe and successful and popular, why did Disney shut it down for three years without replacing anything? Why give up such a profit-generating venture?
The rot set when it was made uncontrolled, free entry. Just as planned.

That is why people were fired over the whole PI debacle.

Mouse Detective

PI was more of a dinosaur than anything in DAK, and that includes the AC. I'm glad all of them are gone. Disney may not do better in the future, but they certainly couldn't do any worse than the past. Oh, and Universal's Citywalk is an open-air strip mall that would die in any other city. At least USO fanboys have that new miniature golf thingy to look forward to. I'm so happy for you.

Welcome to WDWMagic, Mr. Condorman. You've been spewing your anti-PI venom over on the DisBoards for awhile now so I'm sure glad you joined this website so you could do the same over here.

It's impossible to reason with a troll but so that other readers might understand better, I'll answer your questions. PI was profitable. They closed the clubs simply because Disney thought they could make even more money outsourcing everything and collecting rent and royalty checks every month. It's a simple as that. Had nothing to do with teenagers running around and the police standing around with shotguns loaded on high alert. It is true that PI did not generate much revenue during the day; it was not designed to but was profitable anyway even after 18 years operating that way. Why is it still sitting empty after 3 years? Because NO ONE wants to rent space there to open more restaurants and because Disney refuses to admit they were wrong. I have my doubts you ever even set foot in any Pleasure Island facilities.

Now please go back down under a bridge as that's where trolls belong.

puntagordabob

:

Here are two examples of poster styles. Johnny is someone who passionately states his position on a topic.... Dicky is someone who actually goes beyond that and attacks the person on the other side of the discussion. Being a Johnny is good...as it promotes the conversation... on the other hand being a Dicky is bad...as it it does nothing but cause strife and accomplishes usually nothing of value. Which style does the BOLD statement above best fit in?

boufa

Being a Disney executive is a lot like being a NFL head coach. Everyone sits around in the cheap seats telling you how wrong you were after the fact. Some are even nice enough to offer alternatives, usually without the benefit of a full understanding of the inner workings and facts.

I think they should have a adventurers club type attraction, but isn't the building gone? I'm no egenieer but if they had any brains they would move Kennedy space center to that site. It would be a win win. How could they be not see such an obvious synergy.

Of course it doesn't matter what they do, it won't be what I want and I am sue it will suck.

ChrisFL

Premium Member

Ah Condorman, do you ever find it possible to speak on ANY topic without bashing Universal? No wonder its difficult for anyone to take you seriously, on this board or any other board :rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom