So Disney is just all about the money, huh? They got nothin' on Six Flags!

djkidkaz

Original Poster
Check this nightmare out: ( Six Flags Great America )

Credit for the photos goes to Screamscape

db_2010_0524_SFGAm_Demon11.jpg

db_2010_0524_SFGAm_Demon41.jpg

db_2010_0524_SFGAm_Whizzer1.jpg

tirian

Those pictures are funny, and show why Disney doesn't consider Six Flags a competitor.

Besides, Disney is more subtle about its money-grabbing maneuvers, like increasing food prices while decreasing portion sizes and quality. ;)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I was more impressed by the tarmac theming of the platform. Imagine, building a raised concrete and steel platform, painting lanes on it, installing LED lighting and then covering it all over with a surface that looks amazingly like a road surface. Now THAT`S money!

tirian

I was more impressed by the tarmac theming of the platform. Imagine, building a raised concrete and steel platform, painting lanes on it, installing LED lighting and then covering it all over with a surface that looks amazingly like a road surface. Now THAT`S money!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

majortom1981

Why would somebody make a hypocritical topic like this considering right in disneyworld there is a monorail themed to advertise their tron movie?

Also Six Flags needs all the money they can get to get themselves out of debt.

Six flags helps ride technology out as much as disney does. So six flags going under would only hurt the industry in the long run. (six flags has many coasters concepts in their parks just like disney does).

dandaman

The Karate Kid label on Whizzer (last pic) has since been flaking off and all but destroyed; I know because one of my friends who loves that ride to death took a picture and tagged it on Facebook as "JUSTICE". :lol:

P.S. As bad as it looks on Demon, supposedly it looks even worse on El Toro (Great Adventure) as it's just the front car with the Stride wrap.

eltoro.jpg

djkidkaz

Original Poster
Why would somebody make a hypocritical topic like this considering right in disneyworld there is a monorail themed to advertise their tron movie?

Also Six Flags needs all the money they can get to get themselves out of debt.

Six flags helps ride technology out as much as disney does. So six flags going under would only hurt the industry in the long run. (six flags has many coasters concepts in their parks just like disney does).

The difference is that TRON is atleast a Disney property, so I understand why they would advertise it ( I still think the Tronorail is hideous ). I also think its funny that Disney doesn't sell gum on property for cleanliness, yet Six Flags promotes it on their coasters and advertises itself as the cleanest park in the world. :hammer:

I used to work at Great America and there is plenty more where that came from!

That place is so tacky. They try to be Disney so badly that it's not even funny. I mentioned Disney once around the park operations manager and he freak out. He went on this rant on how Disney is a horrible place and how dirty it is. He then went on to say that Disney was just stealing money from parks like Six Flags and that Disney was the reason that Six Flags was going bankrupt. :brick:

And personally I think the Tronorail is different than this. They didn't take a historic ride and cover it with an ad for a movie that looks horrible (Not that I am saying that Tron Legacy looks amazing) but at least they just did it to one Monorail Train, GA did this too all the trains on the Whizzer and the Demon.

Buried20KLeague

The difference is that TRON is atleast a Disney property, so I understand why they would advertise it ( I still think the Tronorail is hideous ). I also think its funny that Disney doesn't sell gum on property for cleanliness, yet Six Flags promotes it on their coasters and advertises itself as the cleanest park in the world. :hammer:

Me thinkst you're splitting hairs.

Disney does a lot of this same stuff. They're just better at it.

Well they actually are the second cleanest six flags park in the world, they lost out to Six Flags Mexico. :ROFLOL: But they are really sore losers and call it that they lost on a silly technicality so they claim they are still the cleanest park in the world.

westie

^^^Why 2 different coasters? Pics 1 and 2 are side by side seating, where in the 3rd its an in front and behind seating? Whats the point if any?? Its quite the "Nightmare" trying to figure it out.:shrug:

Dinoman96

All companies are about money, even my favorites, like Universal. It's a buisness you know.

My problem with Disney is they just won't expand AK.

SleepingMonk

Those Six Flags pics are just ghetto fabulous!

The difference is TRON is a Disney film, it's not like they're pimping the monorail out as the Tootsie Roll Express.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom