SNL Fires Two Big Cast Members...Chris Parnell and Haratio Sanz

dxwwf3

I think it's time to completely clear house and start over. The show has been almost unwatchable for 3 or 4 years.

CaptainMichael

I think it's time to completely clear house and start over. The show has been almost unwatchable for 3 or 4 years.

True.

When Will Ferrel, Chris Kataan, Jimmy Fallon, Cherri O'terry, and Molly Shannon left, the show pretty much sucked...save for the occasional accident where they managed to be funny. (ie: the Digital Shorts)

GenerationX

I can't believe it's taken this long to get rid of the completely unfunny, unprofessional Horatio Sanz. Seriously, this guy has been an albatross around the show for years. Parnell is pretty funny, but I think they're going younger with the cast this season.

dxwwf3

When Will Ferrel, Chris Kataan, Jimmy Fallon, Cherri O'terry, and Molly Shannon left, the show pretty much sucked...save for the occasional accident where they managed to be funny. (ie: the Digital Shorts)

Exactly. There have been a handfull of humorous skits over the past few years, but during the Ferrell and Company years you would get a handfull of laughs in EVERY EPISODE.

CaptainMichael

Exactly. There have been a handfull of humorous skits over the past few years, but during the Ferrell and Company years you would get a handfull of laughs in EVERY EPISODE.

Well, the Digital Shorts are fresh in my mind, and there's a Harry Potter one they did with Lindsay Lohan a few years ago.

The quality of guest hosts has also been down.

They also need a new set of writers.

Erika

You can almost tell a person's exact age by the point at which they thought SNL stopped being funny. Every generation has what it considers to be its SNL Heyday. Mine was Dana Carvey, Mike Meyers, Phil Hartman and company. Although I do love me some Will Ferrell :lol:

CaptainMichael

You can almost tell a person's exact age by the point at which they thought SNL stopped being funny. Every generation has what it considers to be its SNL Heyday. Mine was Dana Carvey, Mike Meyers, Phil Hartman and company. Although I do love me some Will Ferrell :lol:

I like that cast too. Carvey is a BEAST! Hartman rocks too!

dxwwf3

The Meyers, Hartman, Carvey group was fantastic. And of course then you had Sandler, Spade and Farley as well.

I don't think the Ferrell, Kattan, Shannon group was the specific heyday, but I do think it was the last great group. For me, I think the whole 1990's was the heyday for SNL.

erinuga

i have to at least hold it up for my girl amy poehler- she makes me laugh like no other--and kristin wiig is pretty awesome too. and maya rudolph-- basically the ladies of the show have made it watchable and entertaining since will ferrell, chris kattan, etc left.

at least with horatio gone he is no longer a candidate for weekend update- the best part of snl. seth myers, anyone?

Erika

i have to at least hold it up for my girl amy poehler- she makes me laugh like no other--and kristin wiig is pretty awesome too. and maya rudolph-- basically the ladies of the show have made it watchable and entertaining since will ferrell, chris kattan, etc left.

at least with horatio gone he is no longer a candidate for weekend update- the best part of snl. seth myers, anyone?

I agree, Poehler is a riot.

I have to admit that I like Horatio Sanz. I'm not sure why. But he cracks me up :lol: :eek:

CaptainMichael

Definitely Poehler and Meyers...the only really bright spots in the cast.

imagineer boy

I think its time we see the good old fashion Saturday Night Live come back. Wipe the slate clean and start over with some fresh, and funny new comedians.

Erika

I think its time we see the good old fashion Saturday Night Live come back. Wipe the slate clean and start over with some fresh, and funny new comedians.

Too bad Mad TV beat them to Stephnie Weir. My husband and I LOVED her when we saw her at Second City. I'm glad she made it somewhere but I think it's SNL's loss. I wonder if they ever considered her for the cast :confused:

GenerationX

You can almost tell a person's exact age by the point at which they thought SNL stopped being funny. Every generation has what it considers to be its SNL Heyday. Mine was Dana Carvey, Mike Meyers, Phil Hartman and company.
So true, for the most part. I may be an exception in that I've watched the show since its inception (yeah, I'm a geezer), but I also believe SNL's heyday was the late 80's. Phil Hartman was brilliant, probably the best show has ever had. I love Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer. Dana Carvey, Mike Meyers, Jan Hooks, and the best Weekend Update host ever, Dennis Miller. Those were funny, funny shows.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom