SNL Fires Two Big Cast Members...Chris Parnell and Haratio Sanz

Erika

So true, for the most part. I may be an exception in that I've watched the show since its inception (yeah, I'm a geezer), but I also believe SNL's heyday was the late 80's. Phil Hartman was brilliant, probably the best show has ever had. I love Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer. Dana Carvey, Mike Meyers, Jan Hooks, and the best Weekend Update host ever, Dennis Miller. Those were funny, funny shows.

Aw, now you've got me all nostalgic.

Shaman

:lookaroun

300px-Mad-TV-Logo.jpg

:sohappy:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
So true, for the most part. I may be an exception in that I've watched the show since its inception (yeah, I'm a geezer), but I also believe SNL's heyday was the late 80's. Phil Hartman was brilliant, probably the best show has ever had. I love Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer. Dana Carvey, Mike Meyers, Jan Hooks, and the best Weekend Update host ever, Dennis Miller. Those were funny, funny shows.
That was the cast I grew up on and still my favorite. Who can argue with the genius of Wayne's World, Lyle the effeminate heterosexual, Chris Farley as a motivational speaker and the retentive "insert occupation here".

SNL has always seemed to work in cycles. It will stink for a few years, then a few members will start to write good material and it will start to be funny again for a few years. After that the better members of the cast start to get movie deals and they move on and "bam!" we are back to crap again for a few years.

Tigger1988

Parnell was fired once before, and Will Farrell got him brought back on the show. So im not really surprised. Im more sad at the loss of Fey and Dratch. Though can't wait till 30 rock starts

dopey

Sigh.

Belushi. Aykroyd. Gilda. Steve Martin. Bill Murray. Those guys were the best ever.

They should've killed off SNL a long, long, long time ago.

Sometimes even better than SNL was SCTV.

Hey, Erika, you probably saw Kevin Dorff, as well. He was in the same cast as Weir. That guy was my favorite. He's been a writer for Conan O'Brien since 1999.

Second City has gone downhill, too. Since that's sort of a farm system for SNL, it's no wonder SNL stinks.

I was embarrassed the last time I took somebody from out of town to see a Second City show. Lots of recycled 60s political jokes. Just replace "Nixon" with "Bush."

Yellow Shoes

Sometimes even better than SNL was SCTV.

WOW!! You ARE showing your age!
I can say this, of course, because SCTV was amazing.
To this day, parts of it are still in our daily conversations
3CP1
Fishin' Musician'
That blowed up real good!
Farm Film Report
Edith Prickley (take off the leopard skin and she's my mother-in-law)
Hoser, back bacon, beer hunter, and we still sing the theme to Great White North, eh?
Pre-Teen World

Ah...memories.
Too bad the DVDs are sooo expensive, or I'd have them all.

Erika

Second City has gone downhill, too. Since that's sort of a farm system for SNL, it's no wonder SNL stinks.

I was embarrassed the last time I took somebody from out of town to see a Second City show. Lots of recycled 60s political jokes. Just replace "Nixon" with "Bush."

I am so sorry to hear that. SC was one of my favorite pieces of Chicago. :(

dandaman

:lookaroun

300px-Mad-TV-Logo.jpg

:sohappy:

:lol:

In the past few years, I've been watching a lot more of that than SNL, due to most reasons already highlighted here.

P.S. I rather like the theory of telling a person's age by which point they found SNL unfunny. :D

Uponastar

:lol:

In the past few years, I've been watching a lot more of that than SNL, due to most reasons already highlighted here.

P.S. I rather like the theory of telling a person's age by which point they found SNL unfunny. :D

I guess I shouldn't say how much I loved the Chevy Chase years then. :lookaroun

Valawen9

Aw man...no more, Caaaaarol.

And Parnell? I actually liked him. lol I loved him at the beginning and the end of the digital short with Tom Hanks...you know the one..."Please don't cut my ________." lol I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say the word in here.

GenerationX

WOW!! You ARE showing your age!
I can say this, of course, because SCTV was amazing.
To this day, parts of it are still in our daily conversations
3CP1
Fishin' Musician'
That blowed up real good!
Farm Film Report
Edith Prickley (take off the leopard skin and she's my mother-in-law)
Hoser, back bacon, beer hunter, and we still sing the theme to Great White North, eh?
Pre-Teen World

Ah...memories.
Too bad the DVDs are sooo expensive, or I'd have them all.
Yes!! SCTV is my all-time favorite sketch comedy show. I loved Count Floyd's 3D House of ... . He was always trying to hopelessly sell the fright factor - *shuddering* "Scary" - then give up.
Big Jim McBob & Billy Saul Hurok
Guy Caballero (heh)
Tex & Edna's Organ Emporium "So come on down"
Bill Needle, film critic.

Take off, eh!

dopey

Yes!! SCTV is my all-time favorite sketch comedy show. I loved Count Floyd's 3D House of ... . He was always trying to hopelessly sell the fright factor - *shuddering* "Scary" - then give up.
Take off, eh!

I always think of the one where John Candy demonstrated 3-D by moving back and forth to and from the camera. "How 'bout those 1940s babes? Woo!" :lol:

dandaman

I guess I shouldn't say how much I loved the Chevy Chase years then. :lookaroun

Oh, don't worry. I loved watching those on reruns. :lol:

Favourite "old" sketches: Larry the Lobster, "Bag O' Glass", and anything with the public radio girls. :sohappy:

Uponastar

Oh, don't worry. I loved watching those on reruns. :lol:

Favourite "old" sketches: Larry the Lobster, "Bag O' Glass", and anything with the public radio girls. :sohappy:

I loved the two Wild and Crazy Guys!
And Land Shark always gave me the creeps! :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom