Sneaking into Disney...why?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I just feel clueless when it comes to this. I get the thrill of exploring abandoned places that aren't monitored and are free to wonder about, but this? Why? Why do people think this is a good idea?

For views? Thrills? What?

SMH

Scientists are still trying to figure out why young men post videos of themselves purposely and dangerously getting hit in the groin or eating Tide pods.

I attribute it to testosterone and a misplaced instinct to show-off virility to a potential mate. Sort of like when a peacock shows off his feathers even when a predator is nearby.

StarWarsGirl

I just feel clueless when it comes to this. I get the thrill of exploring abandoned places that aren't monitored and are free to wonder about, but this? Why? Why do people think this is a good idea?

For views? Thrills? What?

SMH
1546576494244.png

FettFan

Scientists are still trying to figure out why young men post videos of themselves purposely and dangerously getting hit in the groin or eating Tide pods.

And getting set on fire. Can't forget that.
fire.jpeg

The Fire Challenge: dousing yourself with rubbing alcohol or nail polish remover, then lighting yourself on fire to see how long you can stand it.

Yes, this really happened.

Oh, now there's the "Bird Box Challenge" in which idiots blindfold themselves and try to navigate through life.

Last edited:

FettFan

I assume people watch these exploration videos because they are "edgy" and for the shock factor. It's quite sad that crap like "LETS CLIMB BIG THUNDER MOUNTAIN" is more popular amongst the general public than quality content like @marni1971 videos. Here is a screenshot taken moments ago of my YouTube subscription page. Notice how many views Martin's latest video has in relation to Matt's. Yes, I recently subscribed to Sonswa, but I only did so because I'm interested in seeing crap hit the fan when he gets caught.
View attachment 338816

To be fair....Tomorrowland Speedway isn't exactly the most interesting thing around, unless you're a hardcore Disney history fan.
Those are the folks (myself included) that @marni1971 makes videos for.

Another reason that off-limits videos are so popular is because we get nostalgic for certain places from our childhood like the old Imageworks, Discovery Island, River Country.....a lot of us were there and would like to see what their current state is. So we turn to folks like Adam the Woo and Leonard Kinsey who will go to those places to video and photo document what's there. Sometimes cast members get in on the action, like the one who posted photos of the remnants of Kitchen Kabaret/Food Rocks walled off behind the Soarin' queue.
mof480b4zwv11.jpg

And then there are the curiosity-seekers....they mostly go sneak in to the VIP lounges.
wonders+retreat.jpg

Wonders of LIfe's former MetLife Lounge. You can rent it for private parties.

FettFan

Though I do have to add that once the rule breakers get caught and face the consequences, they typically quit.

Adam The Woo famously got banned from WDW after going backstage one too many times....

He was then banned last year from Universal Orlando thanks to a backstage video of the old Nickelodeon Studios he did back in 2012.

After his Disney ban was lifted, he's not gone backstage at amusement parks anymore, and nowadays his abandoned areas videos are few and far between.

Now he mostly does quirky locations and roadside attractions videos.

SeaCastle

Sneaking around closed & restricted access places has appeal as old as time itself- whether somebody does this or not is none of my business. But there used to be a quiet dignity to this thing- if you sneak around, don't touch/take anything, don't get caught, be careful, assume your own risk and liability. Modern times have ruined this because now people will get injured being somewhere they're not supposed to then turn around and sue, and even moreso because folks (both young and old!) have a need to compulsively post and share every thing they do online, which ruins it for everyone else.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
lol, did you see the president of Netflix. He was on tv saying how he can't believe that he actually has to explain to folks that this is a MOVIE and do not attempt this in real life.

smh

What?!

But I've nearly completed gathering all the arcana needed to summon the Harbingers of the Elder Gods!

DisneyJoe

On a related topic - it seems fairly easy to "sneak in" at the main entrances. My spouse *did* tap his magic band recently but it was clear nobody saw him do it. We both walked in and he was questioned "Please tap in sir" and we replied "we already did" and they said "Ok have a great day!" I have to think many who DIDN'T tap get in this way... just follow a big group.
Just FYI, and you may know this already, by not tapping it, your account could not do anything within that park tied to admission - ie use or make FP+, and if you tried, it should get flagged by the system.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Well in post #39 you've had hot links for days to Adam the Woo who is always sneaking into Disney and Universal and has been banned from going to both parks. You seem to have no problem with keeping Adam the Woo on here.

Actually he didn't sneak into either one, he trespassed into their backstage areas which is what got him banned. Besides, who is he really encouraging to sneak into theme parks? People who probably have no idea who he is do it all the time and some even result in death. We just dont hear about the ones who survive.

ratherbeinwdw

I watched a very old video on Youtube taken right before Horizons closed. It has two young men who figured out how to work it so they could jump out of the car and hide behind the scenes. They have video of them in most of the scenes with the aa's. They even stayed in for hours without getting caught. The video is real. They were proud of it. They had small things they had stolen from the scenes like the egg looking plants and a few pieces of food. One of them just died at age 46 of cancer. I guess they thought it had been long enough for them to not get into any trouble. I don't believe anyone could get away with that today.
They would video the cars coming by them. In one, you can hear a child telling his parent he just saw a man behind the scene.
Their excuse was how much they loved Horizons, and had found out it was being closed for good. They even have video with the cars over their heads. They went everywhere backstage. One hurt his foot, and it was supposedly, a permanent injury.

The Mom

Premium Member
Well in post #39 you've had hot links for days to Adam the Woo who is always sneaking into Disney and Universal and has been banned from going to both parks. You seem to have no problem with keeping Adam the Woo on here.

They were hot links showing him being banned because of his activities - which might make others think twice about doing the same. A lesson, as it were. The link I removed was to someone who has not yet realized the error of his ways. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom