Sneaking into Disney...why?

Trackmaster

It must suck to be banned from Universal or Disney if you really enjoy going there. Unlike at sports stadiums where it would be difficult to realistically enforce the ban, its beyond easy to at Disney and Universal -- entry is controlled by fingerprint recognition.

drizgirl

It must suck to be banned from Universal or Disney if you really enjoy going there. Unlike at sports stadiums where it would be difficult to realistically enforce the ban, its beyond easy to at Disney and Universal -- entry is controlled by fingerprint recognition.
Not really a fingerprint. It's a biometric scan. So not the same. I imagine it would be pretty easy to sneak in again. But you run the risk of being charged with criminal tresspassing.

Gelatoni

I really hope they fix these holes soon it seems like if people can sneak in to look at the Indian village imagine someone with bad intentions...

Gelatoni

If it was a lesson then why did he trespass again? Seems false for him to say he realized the error of his ways yet then goes out and trespasses in unauthorized areas again. So he's being rewarded for his behavior with these links which lead to more hits and subscribers.
I wonder if Disney can make YouTube pull these trespassing videos.

The Mom

Premium Member
If it was a lesson then why did he trespass again? Seems false for him to say he realized the error of his ways yet then goes out and trespasses in unauthorized areas again. So he's being rewarded for his behavior with these links which lead to more hits and subscribers.

WDW lifted the ban after about 5 years, and he has stated that he hasn't tried to go backstage since. He is still banned from Universal. The hot links only connect to those videos where he gets banned/trespassed off of the two parks. If people want to go look up more of his videos because of those links, they are free to do so, just as they are free to look at any by other people who sneak into unauthorized areas- just don't post them here.

Trackmaster

Well, I was just thinking that he's not going to have much of a YouTube page if his big thing was making videos for Disney/Universal theme parks, and now he can't step foot in them again (the reinstatement notwithstanding, this was more of a reference to when the ban was active).

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
Well, I was just thinking that he's not going to have much of a YouTube page if his big thing was making videos for Disney/Universal theme parks, and now he can't step foot in them again (the reinstatement notwithstanding, this was more of a reference to when the ban was active).
AtW actually visits other parks and tourist attractions around the USA. From timeless movie sets to Gatlinburg Tennesse, and he no longer sneaks into unauthorized places. I believe he learned his lesson via Disney and Universal (see below). He still makes really good videos IMHO and it is good to see other places that are a lot less popular.

Clarification on AtW as it has been mentioned in many other posts in this thread:
After going through court, Disney lifted the ban but Universal saw some of his older videos from years ago on YouTube and decided to ban him from their parks.

You can get banned for life as AtW was but he pretty much begged, got a lawyer (or some other help...not 100% sure how he did that), and then sought redemption and Disney awarded him with the ban lift.

Please don't sneak into places you aren't supposed to be in just so you get reviews guys.

Raineman

If people think that the kind of WDW trespassing being discussed here is bad, Google “Hoot and Chief”. Getting out of your ride vehicle on Horizons and walking around the show sets is much more dangerous and stupid than entering a backstage hallway or abandoned ride queue, yet I’ve seen people demonize Adam The Woo, yet praise Hoot and Chief. That being said, trespassing anywhere at a theme park is stupid.

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
The only thing I think about nowadays when people do stupid stuff like sneaking into unauthorized and very dangerous areas as such is that one kid who got decapitated because he jumped the blockade fence at a Six Flags.
And this is what I'd like potential trespassers to think about when they consider "urbexing" on private property...
trespass.jpg

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
And this is what I'd like potential trespassers to think about when they consider "urbexing" on private property...
View attachment 450421
Ha! I actually had to yell at 3 teenage boys to "get off mah propertah" because they decided it was okay to walk around in a person's gated backyard. Came close to calling the cops, but they were just being really dumb...and one of them had an ax and was hacking at one of our trees...

Come to think of it, I should have called the cops.

KimAnnFran

I don't think it's "good" to sneak in and do these things. Everyone else has to pay, what makes them different? We are supposed to respect the boundaries that Disney sets, why shouldn't everyone?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom