Sneaking into Disney...why?

KimAnnFran

Ha! I actually had to yell at 3 teenage boys to "get off mah propertah" because they decided it was okay to walk around in a person's gated backyard. Came close to calling the cops, but they were just being really dumb...and one of the had an axe and was going at one of our trees.

Come to think of it, I should have called the cops.
I think so. Today, you can't be too careful.

Heppenheimer

Over at Disneyland, they offer a guided power-walk for resort hotel guests through California Adventure before it opens. I wonder, if in part, this is meant to be an alternative to deter would-be unauthorized urban explorers.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Over at Disneyland, they offer a guided power-walk for resort hotel guests through California Adventure before it opens. I wonder, if in part, this is meant to be an alternative to deter would-be unauthorized urban explorers.
I seriously doubt it.

People that do this are not just interested in seeing what is behind the curtain. They want the fame and popularity that comes with a successful YouTube channel and the thrill of doing something less than legal.

jloucks

Hmmm. Got an example of such of any happenings recently that would be considered a victimless crime?

There is an attraction at my local Six Flags that had been opened for decades, and then closed for about a decade, and then reopened in 2000 for a limited time and then closed again indefinitely that I may or may not have snuck into and looked around.

Casa Magnetica

It was a really neat attraction, but the manpower it required was just too expensive. At least, that's the theory.

Anywho, If I did such a thing, I broke the law and would have risked my season passholder status. I would never do that to personally witness a legendary attraction that still exists protected by a single "do not enter" sign and splintery looking rope. Nope, never!

Heppenheimer

I seriously doubt it.

People that do this are not just interested in seeing what is behind the curtain. They want the fame and popularity that comes with a successful YouTube channel and the thrill of doing something less than legal.
I agree that the social media bump is what these idiots are really after, but I still wonder the Disney's intent was discourage unauthorized entry.

COrunner

I seriously doubt it.

I agree with you,

What draws my to other WDW youtube channels like Defunctland, yesterworld, DFB or TimTracker is because of the information I get is about rides and events. For someone who gets there once a year it's a fun way to keep up with the parks and get that taste of nostalgia.

When I see 'abandoned' videos there are some that try and take an approach of educating what was, what happened and current state. Then there are the shock 'OMG SOOOOO CREEPY ABANDONED!!!! SMASH THAT LIKE N SUBSCRIBE BUTTON!!!!' ones that are just for shock views and SEO. It is to make them/their channel or whatever multiplatform they are with make money. I like to think I vote with my views.

Walt Disney1955

I think sneaking into Disney is a thrill, but not one worth the risk. I wouldn't do it. I will admit another family member and I once drove around the Magic Kingdom and figure there are a couple spots where you could climb a fence and walk through a bit of a forest in order to end up around where the Liberty Belle Riverboat is, or Haunted Mansion. And even then, I still am not 100% sure there isn't another fence to scale.

Eamethyst

I have often wondered with all the nooks and crannies in the parks if anyone has hidden out in the parks overnight after they close; with the intent of avoiding the park fee the next day. Does Disney do a security check every night to make sure this does not happen? Just wondering and no I have no thoughts of ever doing it
It's not like once everyone is gone Disney just turns the lights off and its night. it doesn't work that way. There are several guests that stay at the hotels and close to the parks. Disney has around the clock security. After everyone is gone every park get a security check through the night. The parking lots do to, Disney springs does.

In the early 80's and 90's before all the high tech passes and everything it was easier for people to sneak in to a park. Disney had actual paper tickets. Those tickets either didn't require a finger print or face picture. It was the size of a credit card and paper. The ticket had the date on and what type of it. So people would go up to the entrance the ticket to get in. I've seen this done. If you had 5 people and only 4 tickets. One person would leave the park with two tickets and give the second ticket to another person and then those people could walk back in.

Lilofan

It's not like once everyone is gone Disney just turns the lights off and its night. it doesn't work that way. There are several guests that stay at the hotels and close to the parks. Disney has around the clock security. After everyone is gone every park get a security check through the night. The parking lots do to, Disney springs does.

In the early 80's and 90's before all the high tech passes and everything it was easier for people to sneak in to a park. Disney had actual paper tickets. Those tickets either didn't require a finger print or face picture. It was the size of a credit card and paper. The ticket had the date on and what type of it. So people would go up to the entrance the ticket to get in. I've seen this done. If you had 5 people and only 4 tickets. One person would leave the park with two tickets and give the second ticket to another person and then those people could walk back in.
If Security doesn't catch the ones hiding in the park, then the overnight cast members cleaning and fixing up the park will eventually run into them.

Eamethyst

If Security doesn't catch the ones hiding in the park, then the overnight cast members cleaning and fixing up the park will eventually run into them.
Yes they will. Disney is like its own city. It has its own fire department. Its own police station. Gas station. It just need a Disney grocery store. Ha ha There is always someone inside of the parks and on the premisses of Disney.

dsmith51

I always thought the wooded area underneath the monorail track between the TTC and MK or between TTC and Epcot would make a nice campground. Someone could easily pull their car up to a secluded area and camp out for the night. Security would be there shortly thereafter. LOL!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom