Smoking in the parks

Erika

Sweeeeeeeet, welcome to diet talk!

John lost 30 lbs last year, no dieting neccessary. He cut down on the junk food a little bit and switched to baked Lays instead of regular chips with his sack lunches. Aside from that, 3 to 4 days a week on the eliptical for 20 min followed by weight-lifting.

He got so thin that all of us around him had to beg him to stop :lol: Now he's doing 2-3 days a week to maintain. We positioned our workout equipment so we can work out while watching the big screen. I think that might have been the key to his success. ;)

BTW, the equipment cost less than it would have cost for the 2 of us to renew our wasted gym memberships. Gyms are great for most people but we're a) too lazy to leave our house and b) usually pressed for time. Buying our own stuff solved both problems.

NashvilleMouse

You are right, Erika. My gym membership is going to waste. I did the full-blown Atkins diet a few years ago and lost 45 pounds. I need to do it again. It is tough to stay on the Atkins diet and will probably kill me in the long run... but so will Jack-in-the-Box.

ThirdEye

Ive lost about 10lbs recently but I didnt change my diet. I've lost 10 lbs just from taking the class weight lifting in school. Ive ran a mile everyother day and lifted weights and it seemed to have burned 10lbs away and give me muscles :)

Its not like i was really heavy went from 140 to 130lbs.

JBSLJames

Originally posted by Erika
Sweeeeeeeet, welcome to diet talk!

John lost 30 lbs last year, no dieting neccessary. He cut down on the junk food a little bit and switched to baked Lays instead of regular chips with his sack lunches. Aside from that, 3 to 4 days a week on the eliptical for 20 min followed by weight-lifting.

That's encouraging. I also do the eliptical at the local Y for 35 minutes 4 to 5 days a week and follow that up with some upper body weight lifting.

In all your pics, you both look to be in good shape.

Erika

Originally posted by JBSLJames
That's encouraging. I also do the eliptical at the local Y for 35 minutes 4 to 5 days a week and follow that up with some upper body weight lifting.

In all your pics, you both look to be in good shape.

Thanks! :wave:

My good friend who just graduated med school and another friend of ours who does rehab have both told us that the eliptical is the way to go. I feel pretty good about it, because they would know what they're talking about. I just bought it because I thought it looked like a good time! and John went along with my choice.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
TOO MUCH PC

After we chase out all those legally smoking. Lets close down the bars in EPCOT! Lord knows what terrible impression I am making on all the minors having the audacity to enjoy an alcoholic beverage in public! :p

Come to think of it, lets bring back proper blue laws and close the parks on Sundays.

After that we can really get to clean up the parks, ban them gay people, those with body piercing and tatoos.

Could go on and on but self righteous PC always adversely affects my bowels :fork:

Erika

Re: TOO MUCH PC

Originally posted by ClemsonTigger
After we chase out all those legally smoking. Lets close down the bars in EPCOT! Lord knows what terrible impression I am making on all the minors having the audacity to enjoy an alcoholic beverage in public! :p

Come to think of it, lets bring back proper blue laws and close the parks on Sundays.

After that we can really get to clean up the parks, ban them gay people, those with body piercing and tatoos.

Could go on and on but self righteous PC always adversely affects my bowels :fork:

Sorry to hear about your bowels. I don't see a lot of people being self-righteous. I do think that the effects of smoking on other people are not always taken seriously. We had 3 smokers in at once yesterday, and even though none of them were smoking inside the office, the air got thick enough where my throat was raw and sore for the rest of the day and into the night. I had to go out back for a few minutes to get some air, because I was getting dizzy, and generally patients don't want you working in their mouths when you are dizzy. :lol: So I sympathize with people who have serious reactions to smoke. My problems are minor compared to theirs. It was like having strep throat for a few hours, nothing too big.

As far as being PC goes, my issue was with people denying that smoking is more than a little dangerous. Do what you want but always acknowledge the risks, especially when there are youngsters about :wave: Would you want to be paying now for a decision you made when you were 13? I know I wouldn't :eek: but that's what happend when kids get addicted before they are mature enough to fully comprehend what the heck they're getting themselves into.

edit- Wow, that first paragraph might just be my whineyest post ever! :king:

NashvilleMouse

Re: Re: TOO MUCH PC

Originally posted by Erika

edit- Wow, that first paragraph might just be my whineyest post ever! :king:

WOW! Stop your whining, Erika! :lol: :wave: Sorry to hear about your poisoning experience.

I have never smoked in my entire life. But, there are so many here who do smoke posting hateful threads against non-smokers. Almost makes me want to pick up the habit so that way I can carry around an oxygen tank like my grandfather did because of his smoking. :rolleyes:

We can't have our kids smoking and dying early! I need them to get jobs and pay social security taxes so I have something to retire on.

barnum42

Originally posted by BwanaBob
This one is never going to end!.......

...will both sides agree to disagree?
I very much doubt it.

The one thing I still can not grasp are the comments from those smokers who moan that they should have a right to smoke in public and whine that they have to go to a designated place to do it.

Now, there was a time in history where if someone wanted to have a dump they just squatted down and did it there and then in the gutter. We then discovered that this was not a healthy way to deal with the after effects of the act we came up with a designated places to carry out this function - bathrooms.

Smoking areas can be seen as a variation on this - whilst it's not something we all have to do, those who are addicted have to smoke and are able to do so without inconveniencing others.

NashvilleMouse

Originally posted by DisneyPhD
Hey there, that was unfair!!!!!!!!!!!!! Detroit ain't great, but I am sure there are worse places.

I know, I am kidding. I am originaly from Detroit. :lol: (Have you checked the gutters lately? :lookaroun )

barnum42

Originally posted by NashvilleMouse
I know, I am kidding. I am originaly from Detroit. :lol: (Have you checked the gutters lately? :lookaroun )
In the city centre were I live - Bristol - the troglodytes tend not to use the gutter - too many stray taxis - they seem to prefer shop doorways. But then they are all smokers, so what can you expect :animwink:

Lovecraft

Originally posted by DisneyPhD
Hey there, that was unfair!!!!!!!!!!!!! Detroit ain't great, but I am sure there are worse places.

I can't think of any (In the USA at least).

Detroit is by far the worst city it has ever been my displeasure to do business in. I dread each and every time I have to go back there.

NashvilleMouse

Originally posted by Lovecraft
I can't think of any (In the USA at least).

Detroit is by far the worst city it has ever been my displeasure to do business in. I dread each and every time I have to go back there.

No seriously, tell us how you really feel? :lol:
It is not a fun place to travel to. I have a lot of family there. But there has GOT to be someplace worse than Detroit? :lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom