Smoking in the parks

Tramp

Re: Re: I'm not defending smokers but....

Originally posted by Woody13
Sorry to hear that you were a victim of child abuse.

I don't see any smileys indicating you're kidding about this. And I won't assume it. Most of my family is dead and I resent your remark and implication they willfully caused me harm when, in fact, I was a kid long before the dangers of smoking were so well-known. So please shut up and don't respond to any more of my posts anywhere in this forum, ever again.:fork:

( A few of our members have been victims of real child abuse and there's nothing funny about it. I have fond memories of my family and I don't need some schmuck disparaging them. OK...another thread that goes into my ignore file. )

lolokittie

Ok, back to smoking in the parks, I'm fine with it as long as smokers smoke in the designated areas. I know when I worked there, I had to constantly correct people where the smoking area was, and then have them move two feet from me and continue smoking.

johnvree

Originally posted by TheDisneyBoy
You know what, breathing in enough methane will kill ya to, but there is no law against people farting in line and let me tell you, I have had that happen to me and it is far far worse than cigarette smoke.

:lookaroun uh, sorry about that DisneyBoy...:lookaroun

Disney2002

Just like smoking a lot MIGHT cause cancer, eating a lot of red meat INCREASES your risk for heart trouble. Should we ban the burgers at Cosmic Ray's? And as for your Walt comment, it was simply a choice he made himself. And I have to be honest, I know people who haven't smoked a thing in their whole life, and they fell victim to cancer in their 40's. On the other hand, I know people who do a pack a day and are in their 70's. It's genetics....go figure. People should stop whining. Did you people whine like this in the 60's, 70's and 80's?

I think there is enough proof to take actions to deny people the fatty burgers. McDonald's just announced that Supersize is out.

Moreover, the Government has been built upon a view of individual liberty that does allow for intervention when an individual is harming themselves. Suicide is illegal... so why not put restrictions on these gradual self-killings -- the not-so-gradual waddling into national morbid obesity.

JBSLJames

eating a lot of red meat INCREASES your risk for heart trouble. Should we ban the burgers at Cosmic Ray's?

I think there is a disclaimer on the Cosmic Ray's menu (bottom left hand corner in ultra fine print) that states, "Please Limit your intake of Burgers to no more than 4 a sitting. Please dispose of your litter"

tiltawhirl

Is smoking bad for you? Not even debatable.

There are more noxious fumes coming from the exhaust in Tomorrowland from the cars, than the combined total carcenogens inhaled in a day from second hand smoke.

Should smokers adhere to the smoking areas out of courtesy? Of course.

But get over the pollution line please. And while you are at it, take a spectrometer out to the Transportation and Ticket Center, and give me a few Co2 readings from there around 8:30 am. You just might be surprised.

tilt

Gucci65

I used to smoke myself (I quit in 96) and know the addiction first hand. I went with my family to MK one summer when my youngest sister was around 28 yrs old. She will not smoke in front of my Dad and had to wait until we went into a show so she could sit outside and puff away. Being with her that day was miserable!!! You could tell when she needed to have a smoke because she could become the world's biggest b*tch!!!! So like I said, I understand the addiction AND the need for the designated area. Just try not to inhale while you are walking by one:D

Oh and years ago while staying in a non-smoking room at AS Sports, I stepped outside and had a smoke. Didn't realize it was so taboo.........

barnum42

Originally posted by JBSLJames
I think there is a disclaimer on the Cosmic Ray's menu (bottom left hand corner in ultra fine print) that states, "Please Limit your intake of Burgers to no more than 4 a sitting. Please dispose of your litter"

Is this for real?

MKCP 1985

Originally posted by JBSLJames
Did I mention that I like Beagles?

JBSLJames, did I mention that I will throw in a doghouse, a large bottle of doggie shampoo, a two weeks supply of beagle food, a pooper-scooper and a bottle of cologne if you will find a good home for my smokin', wandering smelly poopy beagle? :lol: :lol:

(okay, I'll admit it - he doesn't really smoke! :lol: )

gjpjtj

Originally posted by Gucci65
Oh and years ago while staying in a non-smoking room at AS Sports, I stepped outside and had a smoke. Didn't realize it was so taboo.........

It's not. The whole idea of a non-smoking room, is so people who don't smoke, can stay in a room that doesn't stink! As far as I have seen, there are no rules about smoking outdoors anywhere at the resorts. In fact at the All Stars, they have ash trays on top of the garbage cans on the walkways by the stairs.

If the walkways said there was no smoking there, I would go to the designated smoking area, wherever that may be. Until then people, and myself, will continue to step outside to smoke.

:lookaroun

bsandersjr

Original Poster
Originally posted by gjpjtj

If the walkways said there was no smoking there, I would go to the designated smoking area, wherever that may be. Until then people, and myself, will continue to step outside to smoke.

:lookaroun

Well said.
:slurp:

Lovecraft

Originally posted by NashvilleMouse
... People that do not smoke in the designated area should be flogged in front of the castle by Pluto. :lookaroun :lol:

I actually know people that would pay for this experience :lookaroun

bsandersjr

Original Poster
Originally posted by ThirdEye
Can we smoke other substances in these areas to make Disney even more magically? :lookaroun

Smart one there. Give people even more to moan about.

:fork: :hammer:

NashvilleMouse

Originally posted by bsandersjr

:fork: :hammer:

Wow, you are one of those defensive smokers. You wouldn't happen to work for Phillip Morris, do you? If you want to smoke and take those risks, fine. Do so.

Also, people can't compare second hand smoke to sitting in a garage with a running car. Most people with half a brain know that this is extremely hazzarous and do what they can to avoid it. Just like us non-smokers that make efforts to avoid second-hand smoke.

#1, I do not wish to breath smoke from anything, including cigarrettes. #2, I can't stand the way I smell after hanging around a friend or family member after they smoke. My in-laws smoke a lot and after I visit them and everything I take there has that horrible smell.

Give health-concisous people like me a chance to avoid second hand smoke and have designated areas for smokers so I may avoid them at all costs. ...like the "fish tank" at airports where you see dozens of nervous smokers in a 10 X 10 smoke filled glass room.

I have nothing against smokers. I have a thing against all the smoke.

Erika

Didn't you start this entire thread by moaning about people moaning? :lookaroun

And now I'm moaning, about YOU moaning, about them moaning :rolleyes:

I'm about ready to file this thread under "Topics breached for the sole purpose of stirring up trouble"

NashvilleMouse

Originally posted by Erika
Didn't you start this entire thread by moaning about people moaning? :lookaroun

And now I'm moaning, about YOU moaning, about them moaning :rolleyes:

I'm about ready to file this thread under "Topics breached for the sole purpose of stirring up trouble"

Smart one... give the moaners something more to moan about... :lookaroun :lol: :lol: :lol:

bsandersjr

Original Poster
Originally posted by NashvilleMouse

#1, I do not wish to breath smoke from anything, including cigarrettes. #2, I can't stand the way I smell after hanging around a friend or family member after they smoke. My in-laws smoke a lot and after I visit them and everything I take there has that horrible smell.

Even more the reason to have a DESIGNATED Area.
:hammer:

bsandersjr

Original Poster
You know what? none of this matters anyhow. I made a simple (or so I thought) statement/question, and look at it now. Smokers griping with non-smokers. After it is all over, the bottom line is..... The Happiest Place on Earth.
Designated areas, total property ban, whatever. Visiting the World will always be as much fun for some, as it is for others.
No matter what is said here, the whole situation is out of our hands.
:cool:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom