Smoking areas GONE starting may 1st Pinned so people can still see the announcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
So they are addicted to water vapor?
Where it says "cigarettes," substitute "vaping."

NormC

I understand all that. I am just poking fun at the people that think it is "just water vapor". It's not. My Dad was a heavy smoker and it was really hard for him to quit. He finally did and he has never looked back. We didn't need an alarm clock at our house. His hacking cough woke the neighborhood.

Tanna Eros

ARE THE POORS GONE YET???
Nope, I'm still here and trying to engineer my trip.

Empress Lilly,
My dad went a week without a beer, but he did have his smokes.
He was an air traffic controller in the Air Force during the Korean conflict, so he had the unusual habit (at the time) to keep his cigarettes butts on him until he could dispose of them properly. I think that's where I got the habit.
I know he bought cigarettes in the park, I just don't where.

Last edited:

BoarderPhreak

Well, I do declare, this whole thread is just giving me a bad case of the vapors...
Been there, done that. 😛

i-do-declare-that-has-done-give-me-the-vapors.jpg

ImperfectPixie

Nope, I'm still here and trying to engineer my trip.

Empress Lilly,
My dad went a week without a beer, but he did have his smokes.
He was an air traffic controller in the Air Force during the Korean conflict, so he had the unusual habit (at the time) to keep his cigarettes butts on him until he could dispose of them properly. I think that's where I got the habit.
I know he bought cigarettes in the park, I just don't where.
I'm pretty sure that some of the resort stores discreetly sell them. (At least they did when we needed to get some a handful of years back.)

Tanna Eros

They do. For example, the "general stores" on the Boardwalk or in Disney Springs.
Good to know, even though I'm picky about my tobacco and papers. I roll my own, so I don't cough.
If that makes me common, that's okay.
I've had people at my house and then be surprised later to see me in the smoking area outside of a restaurant.
"You smoke?"
"You've been at my house, I thought you could tell."
I clean like a rabbit, but let's face it, normally people can tell if you smoke when they've been to your house.

Heppenheimer

I have a vivid memory, circa 1984, waiting in line for that computer demonstration show in Communicore at Epcot. Two ladies in line ahead of us proceeded to chain smoke for the entire wait, even though I and one of my brothers were visibly coughing uncomfortably. I have no idea if indoor smoking was permitted at Disney World in those days, but the public expectation was that non-smokers just had to tolerate the presence of cigarette smoke. I think the world (and the World) are better places now that societal attitudes towards public smoking have changed so completely and pervasively.

PS- The computer show was worth neither the wait nor the second-hand smoke. :mad: Both are long since gone.

BoarderPhreak

I have a vivid memory, circa 1984...The computer show was worth neither the wait nor the second-hand smoke. :mad: Both are long since gone.
Welcome to WDWMagic, with a stellar second post. It was called the "Astuter Computer Revue" and closed Janaury 2, 1984. 😛

1b0xhnl.jpg

Last edited:

BoarderPhreak

Lol I was just answering your question, but I'm still not sure what the purpose of the question even was. Obviously there's more to a vape than steam.
"Steam" implies water. There is no water in vape juice; but some of the exhaled vapor might contain moisture from one's breath. What it does contain is PG/VG. Optionally, there's also flavor, menthol and/or nicotine... Worth pointing out that the PG/VG, flavors and menthol are food grade. The only thing "negative" is the nicotine - which is addictive (and not bad for you per se).

PG: Propylene glycol is a synthetic organic compound. It is a viscous, colorless liquid which is nearly odorless but possesses a faintly sweet taste.

VG: Glycerol is a simple polyol compound. It is a colorless, odorless, viscous liquid that is sweet-tasting and non-toxic.

Because FACTS, people. 👍

Last edited:

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

I've probably posted this before - entire pages up....

Problem: No Smoking or Vaping within a Park. We desire, if possible, to stick to the rules.
Solution: A Patent Pending INHALER - no smoke, no vapor, aerosol - functions exactly like any other inhaler, uses the same propellant & mechanism And it's fairly cheap :). Unlike an ECIG? ZERO cloud.

I ordered three. Delivered within 4 days. Link offered in an attempt to help others... I have NO Financial interest in this firm.

Alternatives? GUM (there go the walkways), Chewing Tobacco (WDW COULD install stylish Brass Spittoons), a Gulag+Security Check overload. I think this might be preferable.

https://quicknicmist.com/product/quick-nic-mist/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom