Smoking areas GONE starting may 1st Pinned so people can still see the announcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoarderPhreak

Why all the hate? Party on, page 68! šŸ¤˜

953d8f8848ad8797e6e63653f6c94c18b6458ad9.jpg

Lensman

Iā€™ve never smoked in my life, but it seems those years bartending were worse for me than I realized. šŸ˜•
The link between secondhand smoke and cardiovascular disease and cancer is a hot topic, with conflicting evidence due to methodological differences and other factors. My main takeaway is for you not to despair at all (especially since it's over and done with). The one thing that is certain is that we can overcome any possible mortality risk by exercising and controlling our weight. Also being happy and vacationing at WDW is bound to help as well, right?

Last edited:

Tanna Eros

The link between secondhand smoke and cardiovascular disease and cancer is a hot topic, with conflicting evidence due to methodological differences and other factors. My main takeaway is for you not to despair at all. The one thing that is certain is that we can overcome any possible mortality risk by exercising and controlling our weight. Also being happy and vacationing at WDW is bound to help as well, right?
But not planning a vacation at WDW, this much I can tell you. I'm keep getting afraid. I conquer the smoking glitch, map out the crowded times, and now, I feel that I'll feel outclassed by businessmen in pinstriped suits walking their purebred poodles and ladies with princes and princesses for children. At least Sam will do nothing, which means he won't kick me out.
(I feel bad about being on this site so much, but it's really the only one that has all the categories and information that will really help.)

LittleBuford

No worries people, itā€™s not harmful.

Iā€™d rather not take your word for it.

My dad is one of those people who sneaks indoor puffs of his e-cigarette when he thinks he can get away with it (not at Disneyā€”heā€™s not a fan). Itā€™s just another form of smokersā€™ self-entitlement.

tonymu

Premium Member
The CM's will not have to enforce the ban because the guests will. Disney will start a new upcharge experience for non smoking guests. For $199 you get a small water pistol and a whistle. When a participating guest spots a vaper or smoker breaking the rule in a park, they will use the whistle and then yell out "SMOKER!" or "VAPER!" and then start squirting the offender. When other participating guests hear the whistle and yell, they will also start to squirt the rule breaker and continue to squirt them until the rule breaker runs out the front gate and security area to the authorized location. They will then have a smoke free park and make some money doing it!

DisneyDebRob

Iā€™d rather not take your word for it.

My dad is one of those people who sneaks indoor puffs of his e-cigarette when he thinks he can get away with it (not at Disneyā€”heā€™s not a fan). Itā€™s just another form of smokersā€™ self-entitlement.
Please donā€™t take my word on it. After over 20 years of studies, the main problem is that it contains nicotine and itā€™s a addictive drug like Iā€™ve said before, just like caffeine. Thatā€™s why when you hear a report today about many more people vaping, they say itā€™s bad. The reason, people are getting hooked on nicotine. Again, nicotine doesnā€™t cause cancer. If you go to most reputable juice makers you donā€™t have the problem that some articles will mention about harmful chemicals in the juice. It should have PG(propylene glycol)VG( vegetable glycol) water, and a flavoring additive. All things you ingest most everyday in some form. And nicotine if you want it. Most people I know that vape have reduced down to zero on the nicotine.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
The only thing worse than a cigarette smoker whining about this....is a person that complains about Disney prices....PLEASE...just go somewhere else for vacation....
Delightful.
Ive never taken a puff of a cigarette, tobacco product or weed in my entire life. Not one.

So unless Iā€™m getting nicotine in some other way Iā€™m unaware of (do Oreos count?), then I donā€™t believe I'm addicted.

My dad stopped smoking when I was in 5th grade. I have a distinct memory of Tyler Bloomer asking me in 3rd grade ā€œdoes your mom or dad smoke?ā€ To which is answered ā€œyesā€, and then he said ā€œbecause you smell like itā€. I remember it like it was yesterday.

I donā€™t like cigarettes, if that isnā€™t clear enough. But I also donā€™t get butthurt about smokers and act like theyā€™ve personally wronged me. Iā€™m not going to waste my angst on that.

I was just commenting on the absolute lunacy that commenters here are trying to equate walking by a smoking area as something that could potentially kill them.
Let me repeat that, because it warrants repeating: There are commenters here stating that walking by a smoking area could kill them.

If you agree with that, then we donā€™t need to continue this diatribe.

Same.

The Empress Lilly

I'm a little embarrassed, now. I have tea with Fairy Godmother all the time. My mother looks dead onto her to the point that we got her a powder blue hoody robe one Christmas.
My father smoked on Main Street. In the 70's. I have the definite memory of him having to watch the 1776 parade at noon every day he was there. The Spirit of '76 would start the parade, (Fifer, drummer and flag bearer) and he just loved it. I can see him now my mind's eye, smiling, sitting on the curb in his JCPenney plaid Bermuda shorts, holding a cigarette down by his shoes. I think that was his happiest, and back then, I don't think they allowed drinks.
In the '70s the MK was full of fa gs, and if you were seen with one, often a custodian would follow you around to check your butts.

How times have changed. There was also a Tobacconist on Main Street, but no alcohol anywhere. (Possibly in King Stefan's Banquet Hall)

LittleBuford

Please donā€™t take my word on it. After over 20 years of studies, the main problem is that it contains nicotine and itā€™s a addictive drug like Iā€™ve said before, just like caffeine. Thatā€™s why when you hear a report today about many more people vaping, they say itā€™s bad. The reason, people are getting hooked on nicotine. Again, nicotine doesnā€™t cause cancer. If you go to most reputable juice makers you donā€™t have the problem that some articles will mention about harmful chemicals in the juice. It should have PG(propylene glycol)VG( vegetable glycol) water, and a flavoring additive. All things you ingest most everyday in some form. And nicotine if you want it. Most people I know that vape have reduced down to zero on the nicotine.

The links I posted were about the fumesā€™ effects on the rest of us, not the health risks to the vapers themselves.

Tony the Tigger

The CM's will not have to enforce the ban because the guests will. Disney will start a new upcharge experience for non smoking guests. For $199 you get a small water pistol and a whistle. When a participating guest spots a vaper or smoker breaking the rule in a park, they will use the whistle and then yell out "SMOKER!" or "VAPER!" and then start squirting the offender. When other participating guests hear the whistle and yell, they will also start to squirt the rule breaker and continue to squirt them until the rule breaker runs out the front gate and security area to the authorized location. They will then have a smoke free park and make some money doing it!

But it was just my kazoo!

draybook

There's a risk to absolutely everything for someone. People are allergic to Carrots and Apples for heaven's sake. Or the scents in the bathrooms. Society and Disney doesn't need to look out for the .000000001%. The .000000001% needs to look out for themselves.

If you're risking death because you are exposed to second hand smoke for mere seconds in an open-air environment, then quite possibly, Disney World isn't the place for you. In fact, I don't know how you're alive today to tell your story.

According to the new rules, the parks aren't the place for smokers...

ImperfectPixie

If you think it is just water vapor why not just inhale the steam over a hot cup of coffee or tea? Or just hang out in your steamy shower. Clearly it is more than water vapor or you wouldn't be wasting time and money on a personal sized teapot.
For some, it's about taste as well as the physical/psychological habit. If you've never been addicted to anything, you will lack an ability to understand the nuances and how addiction to smoking slightly different for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom