Smells that remind you of Disney that you can Buy

Vernonpush

The one essence that somebody needs to capture is the smell of Rome burning from Spaceship Earth! And that doesn't mean just bottle up any old burning log/campfire smell, either!! There is something unique in that scene's smell that I can't quite place, but if I could have that scent in a bottle, it would remind me of my favorite park---Epcot!!! I would definitely invest in several bottles of that stuff!!!:king:

buy a bottle of LIQUID SMOKE at your supermarket. i think the mesquite flavor is the one you want to buy. it smells exactly like the burning rome scene.

I thought it was hickory not mesquite.:shrug: I know that when I grill with hickory chips it always reminds me of WDW and "Burning Rome".

DisneyGigi

Going along with the Oranges smell, I never rode Horizons but there is a handsoap that smells just like the soap and smell in the bathrooms in Tomorrowland. It is a pump foam like they use there and is a store brand I picked up at a discount store here. I will check it and post the name.

I didn't click the link on the Bath & Bodyworks but they do have a mandarin-orange that is similar to this scent.

Laura

Premium Member
There was a candle that my sister got at Bath and Body Works a while ago that smelled exactly like the pie in Mickey's Philharmagic. I think I took that candle from her. :lol:

I smelled something this past week that smelled just like the pie too. I think it was a Glade scented oil refill (apple cinnamon). As soon as I smelled it I had Be Our Guest playing in my head.

DizHistory

I'm not sure what it is ... but their is a subtle but unique smell that I pick up when I enter the Grand Floridan. Maybe it's the fresh flowers ... maybe it's the cleaning fluid for the floors! :ROFLOL:
But I've never picked up that scent anywhere else.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
Simple one that you can duplicate right now

Instant Monorail Smell = Water + Dog

BTW this being one of sweetest smells at WDW, because it means you are riding the WDW highway in the sky and only moments away from the magic.

The one essence that somebody needs to capture is the smell of Rome burning from Spaceship Earth! And that doesn't mean just bottle up any old burning log/campfire smell, either!! There is something unique in that scene's smell that I can't quite place, but if I could have that scent in a bottle, it would remind me of my favorite park---Epcot!!! I would definitely invest in several bottles of that stuff!!!:king:

I've got it!!! It's Liquid Smoke that you find in the supermarket. It's called Natural Hickory Liquid Smoke, made by colgin (www.colgin.com). When my husband uses it, he will tell me to close my eyes and smell. Yup, it's Rome burning! Enjoy!!!

kingslyZISSOU

my smell to remind of disney/epcot is a perfume i wear...........its charms by ferragamo. i smelled it the first time in "Italy". thats one of my favorite places in epcot. (i actually soaked myself down in it and floated in its cloud all day) i had to have it and now whenever i get to missing that magical place, i spray a little on!! :wave:

wait... it smells like epcot??? or does it remind you of epcot.

If I could find a bottle of anything that smelled like spaceship earth, you know that awesome disney smell that sneaks out of buildings in that area, I would buy it in a flash. Like that gift shop/ photo center? delicous. It probably is just the smell of 80s asbestos.

kingslyZISSOU

With all this fume madness, you'd think Disney would capitalize on the idea. Like use the scent of a specific product as a smell, then have the exact scent in a gift shop near by.

it has potential.

E-Ride Night

After a rain storm, when you smell the damn pavement. That always reminds me of walking around Magic Kindgom at night after a rainfall....Strange I know, but it works!

sarabi

Original Poster
After a rain storm, when you smell the damn pavement. That always reminds me of walking around Magic Kindgom at night after a rainfall....Strange I know, but it works!

:lol: I agree.... and I think you meant "damp" but it's so much funnier the way you typed it!

I love all these ideas!

BriJul

There is a mexican restaraunt in Utica NY that uses spices that smell like the Animal Kingdon Resort's smell when they are cooking for lunch and dinner.

Iknewagirlnamed

I love that smell! There used to be a scented candle that The Candle Barn (not sure of the store name, it's the place that Bath and Body owns) sold called "Firewood" that reminds me a lot of that smell. Unfortunatley, they don't sell it anymore :mad:

Iknewagirlnamed

I have one. You definitely can't buy this smell but it's one that is somewhat common. Every time I smell pavement on a hot day combined with smog from vehicles, I am instantly back at the TTC waiting for a Disney bus.

DivineMadness7

I've been having a bad day and I needed that laugh :lol: I also like your Statler and Waldorf avatar!

Back on topic, I found that the new resort soap reminded me of Philharmagic. I asked my mom if she smelled it too, but she didn't. Maybe you have to WANT to smell it! :lol:

And speaking of soap, it isn't in the parks but at the Basin store at DTD they sell soap with Mickey heads in it that is ginger ale scented. You can only buy it there (I looked on the Basin website, no dice.) I've only brought one bar home with me on the past 2 trips, this next time I am stocking up!

That website someone posted with the candles/tarts, does anyone know why EVERYTHING is out of stock? Is that normal? Has it been that way for a while? I personally love that they sell them in tarts as I have a tart burner and like to change the scents often. I also like that they are flame-less as I am accident prone and forgetful :lookaroun

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
This site looks great as an idea, but like someone said before everything appears to be out of stock. Also, I read the guestbook and there were some unhappy comments there that make me wary. :(

Too bad because it is such a good idea.

Those comments go from good to bad to worse! :eek:

It's a shame because this is a fantastic idea...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom